Why do some East Africans want to be fetishised for their ethnicity

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Don't bother with these people, they actually think Somalis being on the internet is a bigger problem than blackmail, online stalking, the dark web, violence, scams etc. Whatever cringy behaviour Somalis exhibit on the net, is done by every group out there, but they'll only have smoke for their own, bhila dhiig xaasids.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
No, lol it's the ajnabis who fetishize us. Faraxs act mad when the ajnabi shows interest towards Somali women. You guys disrespected us by learning these saqajaans our language. I get yelled by ajnabis, they make songs about us and they now make Somali songs.

Ladies it's never good. They will always blame us lol

@sagegreen

:silanyolaugh: :chrisfreshhah:

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I think this is a dyadic process of (1) being fetishized and (2) appreciating the fetishization (particularly among the most validation seeking among our kind).
:mjlol: Let us not pretend some of you Abdis don't post TicToks or Twitter posts whenever you are mentioned by hablaha ajnabi. That's equally as cringe both ways. Bear in mind, the sisters do this more. Likely due to women being praised for their appearance and also garnering more attention.

On a side note, some Somali guys who care to willingly and jubilantly attempt to hook up their ajnabi friends with Somali women deserve to have a shoe thrown at them. What doqon dayuus goes out of their way to do that?

Angry Shoes GIF by The Sultan

Equally as problematic are those idiots who joke about that on SSpot. I swear to you there are more wadani Somali girls on SSpot than there are guys at times. Yet sometimes brothers act up on here. Alx, it's a minority.

I think this is a dyadic process of (1) being fetishized and (2) appreciating the fetishization (particularly among the most validation seeking among our kind).
:mjlol: Let us not pretend some of you Abdis don't post TicToks or Twitter posts whenever you are mentioned by hablaha ajnabi. That's equally as cringe both ways. Bear in mind, the sisters do this more. Likely due to women being praised for their appearance and also garnering more attention.

On a side note, some Somali guys who care to willingly and jubilantly attempt to hook up their ajnabi friends with Somali women deserve to have a shoe thrown at them. What doqon dayuus goes out of their way to do that?

Equally as problematic are those idiots who joke about that on SSpot. I swear to you there are more wadani Somali girls on SSpot than there are guys at times. Yet sometimes brothers act up on here. Alx, it's a minority.

The part that particularly has me confused is, what group of women don't play out their fetishm? Asian women do, Latina women do it, White women partake in it, so (some) women want to feel desired? Colour me surprised.

Khanderson

Self hate and lack of attention go hand in hand.

when you‘re portrayed as a failed nation and adapt to foreign culture; you’ll do anything to be involved with the majority (Cadaan) and exclude your self away from the minority.

Somali community need to create their own media and trends; just like African-American like the invention of historical trends like Motown.

We need to create our own attention not for foreigners.

this community needs to revive its pride and self respect.

I know this is a minority and those kids and early 20’s trying to fit in; but this is not a good look for our community.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP

Don't bother with these people, they actually think Somalis being on the internet is a bigger problem than blackmail, online stalking, the dark web, violence, scams etc. Whatever cringy behaviour Somalis exhibit on the net, is done by every group out there, but they'll only have smoke for their own, bhila dhiig xaasids.
@mrsretard

@sagegreen

Wallahi I’ve never seen a group of women hating on their own men like this. Even gaalo madow AA women don’t talk like this out loud about madow men.

Embarrassing

Somali girls can you please give us some insight to why our sisters be doing this? It’s seems like to be a Somali girl part of the package is shitting on your own men publically at all times.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The part that particularly has me confused is, what group of women don't play out their fetishm? Asian women do, Latina women do it, White women partake in it, so (some) women want to feel desired? Colour me surprised.
They only pay attention to Somalis because that's their point of reference, making them naturally more biased. They don't care for the dynamics in other ethnic communities in the diaspora, or worse; they gloss it over as 'less of an issue.' :deadrose:They lack insider knowledge of the cultural baggage of other groups (1) because of their hyper fixation on their own (Somalis) and (2) being outsiders and hence in the outgroup or (3) do not speak or are not fluent in the language of other ethnic communities. They might not have a strong grasp of Arabic, French, Hindi, Cantonese, Spanish, etc.

Self hate and lack of attention go hand in hand.

when you‘re portrayed as a failed nation and adapt to foreign culture; you’ll do anything to be involved with the majority (Cadaan) and exclude your self away from the minority.

Somali community need to create their own media and trends; just like African-American like the invention of historical trends like Motown.

We need to create our own attention not for foreigners.

this community needs to revive its pride and self respect.

I know this is a minority and those kids and early 20’s trying to fit in; but this is not a good look for our community.

I would rather not oversimplify it. We're not sure how self-hating the online validation seekers are. Or if they have low self-confidence because of the precarious state of their nation. Though your idea isn't far-fetched. However, I haven't really come across those looking to appeal to cadaans. It's quite the contrary. Though I'm sure there are exceptions. Alternatively, these girls might just be performative for social media platforms and imitate their peers who are doing the same (groupthink). And might not be critically assessing why they've co-opted East African Girl tags wholesale. Somalis and other neighbouring North East Africans aren't quite mainstream madows like Africans from Niger-Congo backgrounds or those mixed with them. Outside of the interweb, they are practically invisible. When I was younger few knew Somalis. And the accounts of others were favourable in terms of their looks. Partly because they stand out aesthetically in some ways.

Khanderson

Wallahi I’ve never seen a group of women hating on their own men like this. Even gaal madow AA women don’t talk like this out loud to madow men.

Embarrassing

@Keep it a boqol 💯

Don‘t take it to heart saxib; they don’t all behave like this.

just little school girls egos being crushed.

Also do not compare AA’s gender wars to ours; it’s an insult to them.

they’re far way worser than ours.

Wallahi I’ve never seen a group of women hating on their own men like this. Even gaal madow AA women don’t talk like this out loud about madow men.

Embarrassing
In one of the comments they got UK Jamaican men & UK Abdis teaming up & clapback. Wallahi I never thought I'd see something like that go down but it did when one Xalimo called Abdis dusty & said she only wants Jamacains :dead:

Somali & Habesha TikTok is so fucking toxic lmao. The genders hate each other's guts, it's even translating a little to irl cause now I avoid Horn African girls who arent relatives like the plauge cause ik they're all on tiktok. :damn: we're 100% more than AA's. Idc what anybody says it's the truth for the younger generation.

In one of the comments they got UK Jamaican men & UK Abdis teaming up & clapback. Wallahi I never thought I'd see something like that go down but it did when one Xalimo called Abdis dusty & said she only wants Jamacains :dead:

Somali & Habesha TikTok is so fucking toxic lmao. The genders hate each other's guts, it's even translating a little to irl cause now I avoid Horn African girls who arent relatives like the plauge cause ik they're all on tiktok. :damn: we're 100% more than AA's. Idc what anybody says it's the truth for the younger generation.
And those niggas spamming Jãreer/Bariya on every comment section too. Wallahi it's cringe overload.

Btw This Assyrian girl I'm talking to rn made a comment about Abdis having hourglass figures & how she wish she had an Abdi ass :damn: wallahi I couldn't believe what I was hearing LMAO I started dying both of laughter & a little cringe inside. Even Assyrians are hearing about these TikTok farax jokes @Apollo @Shimbiris we don't understand how far our TikTok reach is. :deadosama:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
@sagegreen

Wallahi I hate it. It’s bickering back and forth. But they will most likely marry somali. On that note Somalis; both male and female, should stay away from Jamaicans or their half wecels.
:damsel:
Kulaha abdis are abusive and dealers? Like what?? Lying ass trifling weirdos will go to bums like jamaicans and then insult their own with stereotypes that don’t exist. I hate these types.
D08FFAB2-DA31-4AD4-8B70-93CC31971AC3.jpeg

@sagegreen

There is nothing attractive about abdis who let other ajnabi men abuse the Somali language. Y'all are finished. These ajnabis are still disrespecting you guys. It's so embarrassing at this point get outta here pls

Khanderson

@Jotaro Kujo it‘s embarrassing :damn:

EB833073-7B07-4F43-B5E6-C745F0BB813F.jpeg

052128E8-7436-432C-B0BD-BB7EE2ECBAB3.jpeg

2537C47C-A5A6-486B-B8FF-F6F585644A96.jpeg

:chrisfreshhah: :dead:

Somali women hates comments like this :

A8D853DB-1B75-4CE7-9143-E8B7F65D1211.jpeg

They’re so insecure they don’t want us to be taken from them

they’re projecting like AA women.

Trending

Latest posts