Why do Somalis hate afros/long hair?

3A428728-54FB-435E-B42B-3BF7C641387D.jpeg
Meanwhile our parents all looked like this in the 80s:dwill:

Afros have always been a big part of Somali culture
2945EE26-A565-40B2-A59A-4C31E9519E10.jpeg
BCDD2F4E-B4A0-4674-9491-98AAF77CC5F7.jpeg
9C645ABE-0333-4A42-920C-A409B922C32A.jpeg

Why do Somalis hate them so much now?:what1:

Bullshit, even Somalis with wavy hair don't grow it out. It's dirty and semi-gay.
Lies.
There’s a specific hatred for Afros in particular. A guy with a big afro would get 10xs more hate from older Somalis than a guy with long wavy hair, despite the fact that the afro is one of our traditional hairstyles.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
A Afro needs to be maintained and makes people lazy, that's why you will most of the time never see a successful businessman with an Afro or long hair. I used to rock a Afro and long hair than stopped. It comes with age to stop, you realize that shitty Afro is time consuming.

I've seen plenty of Somalis with afro type hair as well as the curly soft type. Hair doesn't mean shit.

I've seen plenty of Somalis with afro type hair as well as the curly soft type. Hair doesn't mean shit.
I’m not talking about texture, im talking about the afro hairstyle. We know Somalis have diverse hair textures but one is the most hated in particular.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
NA9 you must be a underage girl or female on welfare no real man will rock long hair go date little boys.