Why didn't the Islamic conquest reach East Africa

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Well yeah with all that monkeys running around in Mogadishu and exploding no one can really dig into the ground. Maybe coins belonging to the caliph are still found there. Who knows, but I was thinking the latter too what you stated. Allahu A'lam
Coins would 100% be there in some shape or form. Currency had to have been exchanged Arab control or not. This was the gold they had in their hands but early on it was Sassanian or Byzantine coins stamped with the shahada around them.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Coins would 100% be there in some shape or form. Currency had to have been exchanged Arab control or not. This was the gold they had in their hands but early on it was Sassanian or Byzantine coins stamped with the shahada around them.
Too bad our Black Ass ancestors didn't write more.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
There is no Somali source stating such if there was a 1000 year old Somali document saying: Walaalayaal we have landen in Australia and wuss'd the Aboriginals. I would be engulfed in joy and take it with truth wallahi billahi.

Midakale this was an Islamic state and early years of Islam. You think they would write something down to flex their muscles. Dude they captured land from Romand and Persian and conquered North Africa. One source stating they governed and received taxes from Mogadishu would seem like a lie to you, then I am sorry. You are just filled with hatred wallahi. Even the Somali scholar accepted it. Geographical terms are not be taken by hearth. Bilad- Al Maghrib sometimes denoted current Moroco and even lands and cities as far as Algiers. Same goes for Bilad- Rumi, Bilad-Zunuj, Bilad-7abash it's mere to denote where the city is located.
He is not a thousand year old document what are you even talking about stop making arguments from authority and show me primary evidence that this place was under the caliphate of Baghdad. If they had conquered those areas the masjids wouldnt be built like Fakr ad din mosque which uses particularly unique architecture for a mosque.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Like I said where is the remnants of this Arab dynasty because I can show you many remnants in Mombasa and Zanzibar. Where is the legacy of Arabic literacy that was left behind everywhere else? Where are all the references to the wilayah in Mogadishu in other sources. In fact what is this mans source where are those arabic documents!

No place is conquered without a trace, especially when arabs and africans are involved.

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Too bad our Black Ass ancestors didn't write more.
No one would've bothered to write about that. Oh look Arabs showed up in the port big deal. If something like the ship's manifests or port documents survived that would've been juicy

CaliTedesse

VIP
He is not a thousand year old document what are you even talking about stop making arguments from authority and show me primary evidence that this place was under the caliphate of Baghdad. If they had conquered those areas the masjids wouldnt be built like Fakr ad din mosque which uses particularly unique architecture for a mosque.
Like I said where is the remnants of this Arab dynasty because I can show you many remnants in Mombasa and Zanzibar. Where is the legacy of Arabic literacy that was left behind everywhere else? Where are all the references to the wilayah in Mogadishu in other sources. In fact what is this mans source where are those arabic documents!

No place is conquered without a trace, especially when arabs and africans are involved.
Negro shut your punk ass chimp ass up. You can't even read. You can't even keep up with yourself.

You said: Somali sources indicate that Somalis conquered Australia. Would a reasonable non-agenda having person run with that?

I answered: There is no Somali source stating such if there was a 1000 year old Somali document saying: Walaalayaal we have landen in Australia and wuss'd the Aboriginals. I would be engulfed in joy and take it with truth wallahi billahi.

You chimp out: He is not a thousand year old document what are you even talking about stop making arguments from authority

:snoop:

and show me primary evidence that this place was under the caliphate of Baghdad. If they had conquered those areas the masjids wouldnt be built like Fakr ad din mosque which uses particularly unique architecture for a mosque.
Maybe it was destroyed dude just like Italians destroyed Mogadishu's wall. What Caliphate of Baghad. Abdulmalik reigned from Damascus you. war wuxuu doqonsanaa.

You f*cking scum the Swahili coast was conquered by the Omani Empire, that is the biggest reason you still find Arab culture, sculptures and architecture there, Omani Empire was Arab in nature.

CaliTedesse

VIP
No one would've bothered to write about that. Oh look Arabs showed up in the port big deal. If something like the ship's manifests or port documents survived that would've been juicy
Yes they would, dude there is nothing found during that age concercing Somali culture, language , poetry or warfare. Let alone write something about a foreigner landing.

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Yes they would, dude there is nothing found during that age concercing Somali culture, language , poetry or warfare. Let alone write something about a foreigner landing.
It isn't new because they've been trading with them for so long. I'm saying this isn't an extraordinary occurrence. Port documents and records that merchants make would be key but we both know those don't exist anymore.

CaliTedesse

VIP
It isn't new because they've been trading with them for so long. I'm saying this isn't an extraordinary occurrence. Port documents and records that merchants make would be key but we both know those don't exist anymore.
I am of the opinion that our ancestors didn't write much and were 99,9999% illiterate. Please I beg you if you have proof otherwise show me.

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
I am of the opinion that our ancestors didn't write much and were 99,9999% illiterate. Please I beg you if you have proof otherwise show me.
That's true I'm talking about the actual cities itself though man. Theres no way in hell you can conduct commerce without some form of record keeping. In Mogadishu writing had to have existed.

Wollof the major language of Senegal(spoken by around 80%) was almost always written in an arabic script as were many other languages that got conquered by arabia the literacy is whats key to understanding just where arabs got a foothold in africa.

I have no such phobia that is a clear deflection I simply dont see any evidence Mogadishu was apart of Bilad al Zanj, I might be wrong but wasnt the Somali coast called bilad al berber? Regardless the man writing it needs to bring primary evidence I don’t accept “arab sources indicate” as such.

all arab and Muslim historians who visited Somalia, referred to it as bilad al berber. don't listen to this self hater troll

CaliTedesse

VIP
all arab and Muslim historians who visited Somalia, referred to it as bilad al berber. don't listen to this self hater troll
So now it was Bilad Al-Berber. Shoud I quote that document that describes how a Barabari(Somali) female behaved? First you have to learn to distinguish time periods. I am not trolling. You guys are emotional, Some said Bilad Al-Berber to denote the geographic area, but still mention the Somali cities, others wrote Bilad-Habash and mentioned cities of Berbera and Zeila. Others when describing Somali cities sometimes said Bilad Zunuj. These are just Geographic terms.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Negro shut your punk ass chimp ass up. You can't even read. You can't even keep up with yourself.

You said: Somali sources indicate that Somalis conquered Australia. Would a reasonable non-agenda having person run with that?

I answered: There is no Somali source stating such if there was a 1000 year old Somali document saying: Walaalayaal we have landen in Australia and wuss'd the Aboriginals. I would be engulfed in joy and take it with truth wallahi billahi.

You chimp out: He is not a thousand year old document what are you even talking about stop making arguments from authority

:snoop:

Maybe it was destroyed dude just like Italians destroyed Mogadishu's wall. What Caliphate of Baghad. Abdulmalik reigned from Damascus you. war wuxuu doqonsanaa.

You f*cking scum the Swahili coast was conquered by the Omani Empire, that is the biggest reason you still find Arab culture, sculptures and architecture there, Omani Empire was Arab in nature.
Back with the insults it displays a lack of confidence bro. May I ask if english is your first language.

Bro its next to impossible to conquer a place and leave no trace at the very least on a literary level. Im not of the opinion that their is enough evidence indicating any arab conquest let alone one of any significance. I simply stated that this document is one of modern dating and isn’t to be considered as a primary evidence displaying a fact.

Why is their so much cuqdad from you bro do you want to answer to Allah for that.

Regardless kharaj is a tax put mainly upon nonmuslims similar to jizyah so this seems more applicable to the swahili coast. (p.s. the caliphate was in baghdad at Harun Al Rashids time period.)

By the way if all evidence of their conquest was destroyed as you hypothesized what lead you to becoming so adamant about their conquest being real to the extent you’d sin for it.

So now it was Bilad Al-Berber. Shoud I quote that document that describes how a Barabari(Somali) female behaved? First you have to learn to distinguish time periods. I am not trolling. You guys are emotional, Some said Bilad Al-Berber to denote the geographic area, but still mention the Somali cities, others wrote Bilad-Habash and mentioned cities of Berbera and Zeila. Others when describing Somali cities sometimes said Bilad Zunuj. These are just Geographic terms.

in ancient times all people had strange tradition and practises. As to why some historians referred to as in different names, first: The absence of direct recording of history by eyewitnesses, and those who witnessed the events, or at least the absence of acceptable ascription of these events, the sending out and interruption between the writer and the narrator and the narrated facts , so the scientific methodology lost the main pillar in it, and the events of history became a pillage for those who wanted to tell what He wants, everyone writes and participates. As Imam Ahmad have mercy on him, said: “Three books have no origins: al-Maghazi, al-Mulham and al-Tafsir.” End. For instance we know ibn battuta didn't write his book, but he was merely the author.

The second reason: the absence of critical sense among many writers of the first history, so you hardly find in ancient historians more than the story and the accounta of events.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
your source mentions the mogadishu sultanate suggesting the arabs conquered and ruled which is false they more or less had some power as they were the muslim khilafa at the time and the somali dynasties paid homage and payment to the khilafa this was expected
Do you see how he didn’t respond to your point accurately. This guy needs to read Quran and soothe his heart instead of his usual drugs which are clearly effecting his mental health.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Back with the insults it displays a lack of confidence bro. May I ask if english is your first language.

Dude what did you expect. You said: What if there was a Somali source that stated we landed on Australia.
I answered: If there was a 1000 years old Somali document stating that I would believe it.

Then you go on about a rampage that the source is not thousand years old, sxb it was in times of AbdelMalik ibn Marwan. (685-705)

Stop confusing the source of Abbasid ruler Mansur with the source of Abdelmalik Caliph of the Ummayads, capital in Damascus.

That's 1300 years back and you expect everything to be in a great state. It was only during his reign, so for a decade.
Bro its next to impossible to conquer a place and leave no trace at the very least on a literary level. Im not of the opinion that their is enough evidence indicating any arab conquest let alone one of any significance. I simply stated that this document is one of modern dating and isn’t to be considered as a primary evidence displaying a fact.
There is evidence from the document, also Caliph Mansur mentioning he has loyalty from Mogadishu and the Swahili cities, which is another source of a different Caliph.

Why is their so much cuqdad from you bro do you want to answer to Allah for that.

Yaaaa? You are the cuqdadle who hates Arabs.
Regardless kharaj is a tax put mainly upon nonmuslims similar to jizyah so this seems more applicable to the swahili coast. (p.s. the caliphate was in baghdad at Harun Al Rashids time period.)

Swahili coast. This was 7th century. Who is to say all Somalis were Muslim back then? Good that you mention Kharaj, which implies they were conquered just like stated.

1585158727900.png

By the way if all evidence of their conquest was destroyed as you hypothesized what lead you to becoming so adamant about their conquest being real to the extent you’d sin for it.

Why so much inferiority complex. this is sweet. the Caliphate reached Somalia. Alhamdullilah yaa akhi.

Last edited:

Trending