Why didn't the Islamic conquest reach East Africa

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Well according to my Sheikh Yasir Qadhi---the Ottomans wanted to spread all the way to south africa, but when they reached middle of Sudan--they were faced with Sudan warriors who had special weapons attacking the eye sight of ottomans. They were all going blind. They retreated.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Our land was dry, why would they want to come there.

They also made a agreement with the Abyssinian king not to conquer their land.

I think I've read ethiopia is a blessed land and it's protected by God .

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Too far away to effectively control. Within two or three generations it would already be autonomous and then break off. Look what happened with Andalusia
I did find a source saying Mogadishu was ruled by Syrian leader Musa ibn Umar Al Khata'ami. and Ummayads Abdulmalik bin Marwan. (680-700) sent army to capture Mogadishu.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
@CaliTedesse we were already Muslim so there's 0 way they actually have a justification. Depends what period we're talking about. In the Rashidun or Ummayad period no way would they campaign and conquer Abyssinia after the favour from Nejashi. Beyond that, the focus was in Iraq, Syria, Egypt and Iran everywhere else was just bonus. Even Arabia became economically irrelevant.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Imagine fighting in the army of God wooooow , capturing concubines for my pleasure. kkkkkkk I better stop dreaming.

I've thought about that as well. If you consider North Sudan/Nubia "East African" then i guess they were the only East African country the Arab Muslims tried to conquer after finishing with Egypt.

I think there's a Hadith somewhere stating the lands of the Habesha should not be invaded or fought against.

Sudan was never conquered by the Arabs. This is a myth that is spread by anti Arab historians who have rape fantasies. Sudan was a strategic country for many Arab traders and merchants. Nubians accepted Islam and their language over time

“...Then I struck the third blow and the cities of Ethiopia were shown to me, and the villages around them, and I saw them with my own eyes.' But the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said at that point: 'Leave the Ethiopians alone so long as they leave you alone, and leave the Turks alone so long as they leave you alone.'" [1] An-An'am 6:115.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Sudan was never conquered by the Arabs. This is a myth that is spread by anti Arab historians who have rape fantasies. Sudan was a strategic country for many Arab traders and merchants. Nubians accepted Islam and their language over time
Yaa akhi what is your proof

“...Then he said:) 'Then I struck the third blow and the cities of Ethiopia were shown to me, and the villages around them, and I saw them with my own eyes.' But the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said at that point: 'Leave the Ethiopians alone so long as they leave you alone, and leave the Turks alone so long as they leave you alone.'" [1] An-An'am 6:115.
hadith?

CaliTedesse

VIP
Yes just checked yaa akhi.

1585145372900.png

Trending