Why didn't the Islamic conquest reach East Africa

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
your source mentions the mogadishu sultanate suggesting the arabs conquered and ruled which is false they more or less had some power as they were the muslim khilafa at the time and the somali dynasties paid homage and payment to the khilafa this was expected
This was before Mogadishu sultanate which began 10th century. They governed and ruled sxb.

CaliTedesse

VIP
The Muslims weren't just invading everyone, they were going against the two super powers of that time (due to a variety of reasons) ,The Byzantine Empire, AKA the Eastern Roman Empire and the Sasanian Empire, all the lands the Muslim took were under the control of these 2 empires.
Byzantine_and_Sassanid_Empires_in_600_CE.png
1585147841500.png
yxC7YpI.png

If you look at the map precisely you can see that the Turks merely just took over Constantinople and muslimized the Roman administration. And the dumb Persians doing the same after becoming Muslim sticking to the same Persian administrative Pre-Islamic region. When we look at the map we can see the only leaders who really were out on uniting the Muslims were the Arab leaders of the past.

1585147946000.png

Last edited:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
There are various reasons why the Ummayads ,Abbasids and their predecessors haven't inserted their dominance and the sphere influence in HOA during the expansion of Islam which the conquest of vast territories had a major impact as far as North Africa , Andalusia(present day Spain) and the Far East Indus valley (India) .
If we review upon history there were historical links , mutual ties between kingdoms and chiefdoms and merchants buying slaves, ivory , frankincense, spices and various resources to make jewellery from East Africa before the birth of Islam.
And even wars and Invasions had took place which date back a thousands of years.

After the birth of Islam,the long term conquest of Makkah and the Kabbah
The entire Arabian Peninsula were united under the banner of Islam, laying the foundation of subsequent Islamic expansion.
Entire empires and kingdoms existing for centuries crumbled as their older wise chiefs saw their demise unfolded and for a time mused themselves into seeming oblivion.
stretches of land incorporated by the unstoppable forces, we often question what were reasons not to invade the Coptic believers of Abbysina, when the forces plundered and waged wars against the Byzantines, Egyptian Copts, the Persian Sasanian Empire was it because during the reign of Negash and his generous hospitality for the fleeing Muslims of Makkah ?

It's hypothetical to say that , when Bab Al Mandab is only few stretches of kilometres away from Ras Menheli in Yemen , it could be easily flooded with fleets of troops in days time as the Abbysinians once conquered Southern Arabia generations ago.
But there are feasible explanations why it didn't happen.
If it had happened we would have been a bastardised people
The scarcity of the region and hostile nature of the pre indigenous inhabitants made it difficult to expand their dominance , they have asserted to spread the word of Islam instead for their own gains , to solely have an ally in Islam to curb the Christian giant .
if history was altered in timeline unfamiliar to the present and asserting dominance in HOA had actually happened , then history would have changed drastically
somalis were monotheistic at the time and they could have been at risk of enslavement just like their Galla counterparts if it weren't for their embracement of Islam.

zeila is the first place were Somalis converted from Waaq to Islam, the first tribe embraced and so did the neighbouring tribes, their mindsets , way of life and perceptions have changed after accepting Islam this the Somalis became unified under one banner
except from one particular tribe that refused to embrace and remain reluctant to replace this foreign ideology with the religion of their forefathers, uprooted and pushed out of their wells, grazing lands and livestocks taken they were chased out from all corners until captivity and their women's taken as concubines some of the captives finally embraced meanwhile those who fled as far away to unfamiliar territories (Rendille,Samburu and Irqaw are said to be descendants of Meyle Samaale) meanwhile those who were captured and embraced Islam became outcasts or assimilated by the dominant tribes and history repeated itself
the powerful Arabs had pawns and influences they didn't need to conquest HOA when they had the full support of loyal Somali allies dying for their causes

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
So they just took the swahili coast? Mogadishu, Kismayo Mombasa etc I doubt they went inland
Not enough primary evidence for me raali ho furthermore kismayo was a tiny bajuuni fishing village not a port city. This guy clearly has an arab agenda or he likes to “troll” with one.

If arabs conquered at that point where was the literacy? They were able to influence so drastically in Africa with that advantage but in Somalia you dont see what you would see in senegal for example

CaliTedesse

VIP
Not enough primary evidence for me raali ho furthermore kismayo was a tiny bajuuni fishing village not a port city. This guy clearly has an arab agenda or he likes to “troll” with one.

If arabs conquered at that point where was the literacy? They were able to influence so drastically in Africa with that advantage but in Somalia you dont see what you would see in senegal for example
What Arab agenda, hooyada u sheeg m|dgaankii ku dhuustay wasse. What Senegal yaa m|dgo, what Arab influence in Senegal yaa illiterate scum. This is scholarly evidence. What does Kismayo have to do with it can your illiterate brain read. It's MOGADISHU one of the most biggest coastal cities ever built on the face of East Africa.

1585149281000.png

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
What Arab agenda, hooyada u sheeg m|dgaankii ku dhuustay wasse. What Senegal yaa m|dgo, what Arab influence in Senegal yaa illiterate scum. This is scholarly evidence. What does Kismayo have to do with it can your illiterate brain read. It's MOGADISHU one of the most biggest coastal cities ever built on the face of East Africa.

View attachment 100711
The idea that the Somali coast was apart of Bilad al Zanj is not one proven with primary evidence but instead is a pipe dream why these people have this dream is beyond me.

I was actually talking to @The Good when referring to Kismayo.

Arabic influence in Senegal is even greater than that of Somalia my question is, why? Arabic literacy left a huge mark on every people it swept by but yet here we are in Somalia orally transmitting Gabayo.

Your anger is an obvious tell that you dont like when people see you as an Carab Kaboqaad but if you felt confident that you werent you wouldn’t be offloading with the insults.

CaliTedesse

VIP
The idea that the Somali coast was apart of Bilad al Zanj is not one proven with primary evidence but instead is a pipe dream why these people have this dream is beyond me.

I was actually talking to @The Good when referring to Kismayo.

Arabic influence in Senegal is even greater than that of Somalia my question is, why? Arabic literacy left a huge mark on every people it swept by but yet here we are in Somalia orally transmitting Gabayo.

Your anger is an obvious tell that you dont like when people see you as an Carab Kaboqaad but if you felt confident that you werent you wouldn’t be offloading with the insults.
LMAOOOOOOOO and here I should believe you , mister Forumer, instead a Somali scholar, war wuxuu doqonsanaa. HAHAHAHAHHAH wallahi dhintay. What is this Senegal you are talking about. Most Senegalese I meet speak French. What the hell is this Xaywaan on about. This was written by a Somali scholar akhi. You can deny the truth as much as you want, but it won't disappear. Zanj is in reference to Zanzibar, so what if they noted their findings on Mogadishu to Bilad Az-Zunj. Do you think this Caliph had time to visit Mogadishu by himself and distinguish the 2 people based on phyisical features. F*ck off idiot 1 Somali city and rest Bantu.

In some sources even Zeila is mentioned as Bilad Az-Zunj or Bilad Al-7absh. does not mean it was Habeshi or Zanji, rather for geographical purposes they branded the cities such. Bantu and Arabphobia is driving you insane.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Yo @CaliTedesse there's no real way that the Arabs conquer the Somali peninsula it's impossible. They still haven't tamed the Berbers to this day in North Africa. Tribal ties and the qabils networks there are still strong. Let alone people across the ocean from you.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
LMAOOOOOOOO and here I should believe you , mister Forumer, instead a Somali scholar, war wuxuu doqonsanaa. HAHAHAHAHHAH wallahi dhintay. What is this Senegal you are talking about. Most Senegalese I meet speak French. What the hell is this Xaywaan on about. This was written by a Somali scholar akhi. You can deny the truth as much as you want, but it won't disappear. Zanj is in reference to Zanzibar, so what if they noted their findings on Mogadishu to Bilad Az-Zunj. Do you think this Caliph had time to visit Mogadishu by himself and distinguish the 2 people based on phyisical features. F*ck off idiot 1 Somali city and rest Bantu.

In some sources even Zeila is mentioned as Bilad Az-Zunj or Bilad Al-7absh. does not mean it was Habeshi or Zanji, rather for geographical purposes they branded the cities such. Bantu and Arabphobia is driving you insane.
Wollof the major language of Senegal(spoken by around 80%) was almost always written in an arabic script as were many other languages that got conquered by arabia the literacy is whats key to understanding just where arabs got a foothold in africa.

I have no such phobia that is a clear deflection I simply dont see any evidence Mogadishu was apart of Bilad al Zanj, I might be wrong but wasnt the Somali coast called bilad al berber? Regardless the man writing it needs to bring primary evidence I don’t accept “arab sources indicate” as such.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Yo @CaliTedesse there's no real way that the Arabs conquer the Somali peninsula it's impossible. They still haven't tamed the Berbers to this day in North Africa. Tribal ties and the qabils networks there are still strong. Let alone people across the ocean from you.
Who said Arabs conquered the Somali penunsila. The Islamic Caliph governed Mogadishu.

Also you don't know Berbers only Berbers you know is from the internet. Only Berbers with strong tribal ties are the Riffians and Kabyle. Rest don't care and even when learning Arabic identify as Arab even though having a Berber tribe. Berbers are a minority and if you are a majority, you have done enough.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Who said Arabs conquered the Somali penunsila. The Islamic Caliph governed Mogadishu.

Also you don't know Berbers only Berbers you know is from the internet. Only Berbers with strong tribal ties are the Riffians and Kabyle. Rest don't care and even when learning Arabic identify as Arab even though having a Berber tribe. Berbers are a minority and if you are a majority, you have done enough.
Governorship of Mogadishu is possible but I'm talking about your OP not this chain you have with @Removed. There would be more evidence and written records if that was the case though. If anything a tribute mission would make more sense with vassalage rather than actual direct governance. Like the Crimean Khanate and the Ottomans (ignore the occasional direct rule of Sevastopol)

CaliTedesse

VIP
Wollof the major language of Senegal(spoken by around 80%) was almost always written in an arabic script as were many other languages that got conquered by arabia the literacy is whats key to understanding just where arabs got a foothold in africa.

I have no such phobia that is a clear deflection I simply dont see any evidence Mogadishu was apart of Bilad al Zanj, I might be wrong but wasnt the Somali coast called bilad al berber? Regardless the man writing it needs to bring primary evidence I don’t accept “arab sources indicate” as such.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is no Somali source stating such if there was a 1000 year old Somali document saying: Walaalayaal we have landen in Australia and wuss'd the Aboriginals. I would be engulfed in joy and take it with truth wallahi billahi.

Midakale this was an Islamic state and early years of Islam. You think they would write something down to flex their muscles. Dude they captured land from Romand and Persian and conquered North Africa. One source stating they governed and received taxes from Mogadishu would seem like a lie to you, then I am sorry. You are just filled with hatred wallahi. Even the Somali scholar accepted it. Geographical terms are not be taken by hearth. Bilad- Al Maghrib sometimes denoted current Moroco and even lands and cities as far as Algiers. Same goes for Bilad- Rumi, Bilad-Zunuj, Bilad-7abash it's mere to denote where the city is located.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Governorship of Mogadishu is possible but I'm talking about your OP not this chain you have with @Removed. There would be more evidence and written records if that was the case though. If anything a tribute mission would make more sense with vassalage rather than actual direct governance. Like the Crimean Khanate and the Ottomans (ignore the occasional direct rule of Sevastopol)
Well yeah with all that monkeys running around in Mogadishu and exploding no one can really dig into the ground. Maybe coins belonging to the caliph are still found there. Who knows, but I was thinking the latter too what you stated. Allahu A'lam

Trending

Latest posts