Why didn't the Islamic conquest reach East Africa

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I mean why didn't the Muslim Arabs pour their conquest into Abyssinia and the Somali peninsula. They literally swarmed all the way through North Africa, destroying that Berber queen Qumayo, chopping her head off kkkkkkkkk and went all the way up to Spain. I'm always fascinated as to why these Arab Muslims didn't invade East Africa.

I've thought about that as well. If you consider North Sudan/Nubia "East African" then i guess they were the only East African country the Arab Muslims tried to conquer after finishing with Egypt.

I think there's a Hadith somewhere stating the lands of the Habesha should not be invaded or fought against.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
I mean why didn't the Muslim Arabs pour their conquest into Abyssinia and the Somali peninsula. They literally swarmed all the way through North Africa, destroying that Berber queen Qumayo, chopping her head off kkkkkkkkk and went all the way up to Spain. I'm always fascinated as to why these Arab Muslims didn't invade East Africa.
No navy

CaliTedesse

VIP
I've thought about that as well. If you consider North Sudan/Nubia "East African" then i guess they were the only East African country the Arab Muslims tried to conquer after finishing with Egypt.

I think there's a Hadith somewhere stating the lands of the Habesha should not be invaded or fought against.
What I also find odd was how the Ottomans couldn't capture Persia. Only thing that made it special was them capturing Balkans, boohoo, those futo Cadaans anyone could take them on.

we became muslims fast so there was no need

What I also find odd was how the Ottomans couldn't capture Persia. Only thing that made it special was them capturing Balkans, boohoo, those futo Cadaans anyone could take them on.
Sxb as the Ottomans rose to power they were confronted with an established regional power who were the Safavid Persians. The Safavid Persians were already fighting against the Imperial Russians back then as well in the Caucasus region.

Persia at the time was a cultural & military powerhouse, hence why the Ottomans were unable to conquer them. Plus, the Ottoman elites were heavily influenced by Persian culture & language.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Excuse me???? How do u think Somalia became Muslims?

Mombasa Kenya?

Tanzania?

Zanzibar?

Helloo?

CaliTedesse

VIP
Sxb as the Ottomans rose to power they were confronted with an established regional power who were the Safavid Persians. The Safavid Persians were already fighting against the Imperial Russians back then as well in the Caucasus region.

Persia at the time was a cultural & military powerhouse, hence why the Ottomans were unable to conquer them. Plus, the Ottoman elites were heavily influenced by Persian culture & language.
That's pretty weak if you ask me akhi.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Fatimids came later bro, I thought you're talking about the initial Arab expansion.
Akhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii still initial or Fatimid, why no Somali land under the empire. We wouldve been better off had we been under them.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Akhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii still initial or Fatimid, why no Somali land under the empire. We wouldve been better off had we been under them.
Too far away to effectively control. Within two or three generations it would already be autonomous and then break off. Look what happened with Andalusia

Trending

Latest posts