Why are unionist regions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Least developed in Somali peninsula? Gedo, Bay, Bakool, Galgaduud, Hiiraan.

Here is Garbahareey. Capital of Gedo. Compare it with Hargeisa, Berbera, Burao, Boorama etc.

:hmm:

garbaharey.jpeg

They are waiting for central power in Mogadishu...

Some southern regions like Gedo and Bakool dont even have roads or schools. Its because they dont contribute any economic outputs or taxation. Unlike Mogadishu, Boosaaso etc. So the federal government doesnt invest in these regions

:farmajoyaab:

Somalia-transportation-map.png

Garabaharay has a population of 15k people why would it have roads and schools it’s one of the tulos that barre made a degmo. That’s like asking why isn’t a lil tulo outside hargeisa the same as hargeisa.

Garabaharay has a population of 15k people why would it have roads and schools it’s one of the tulos that barre made a degmo. That’s like asking why isn’t a lil tulo outside hargeisa the same as hargeisa.

So the capital of Gedo has population of 15K :gucciwhat:

Some southern regions like Gedo and Bakool dont even have roads or schools. Its because they dont contribute any economic outputs or taxation. Unlike Mogadishu, Boosaaso etc. So the federal government doesnt invest in these regions

:farmajoyaab:

Somalia-transportation-map.png

Im telling you they are waiting for Mogadishu to gain power, they dont know gobolnimo or care to build themselves up. The South could be so successful but they are holding themselves back sadly.

Im telling you they are waiting for Mogadishu to gain power, they dont know gobolnimo or care to build themselves up. The South could be so successful but they are holding themselves back sadly.

So they waiting for peaceful Mogadishu so they can tax Mogadishu, Boosaaso, Berbera port, airports and businesses to build Gedo, Bay, Bakool etc. :draketf: What do they actually bring to the table?:camby:

Go and look at it on google earth. That’s why people say barre gave them gedo. During Italian colonisation and from 1960-80 it the region called gedo was part of upper juba and the only degmo there were baardheere and luq. Daroods created gobols and degmos for themselves when they were in dictatorial power

Baardheere and Luuq and Beled Xaawo are all bigger than Garbaharey I think investment should be poured into Garbaharey since it has an airport and it is in the middle of Gedo which is strategic

Sheikh

Jaalle Ugas ''Comrade Ugas''
VIP

Are you alright? Garbaharey is 2nd biggest city of the Gedo region. It also it's population is not 15k people you dull witted oday. It's real population has 234,000 inhabitants living in the city. I stand on the case that it should have roads and schools built because it's a big city. A tuulo is like Goobweyn district near Kismayo which is at least a town.

You have been debunked. :camby:

Last edited:
Are you alright? Garbaharey is 2nd biggest city of the Gedo region. It also it's population is not 15k people you dull witted oday. It's real population has 234,000 inhabitants living in the city. I stand on the case that it should have roads and schools built because it's a big city. A tuulo is like Goobweyn district near which is at least a town.

You have been debunked. :camby:
Lol saxib you're misinformed Baardheere and Beled Xaawo and Luuq are all bigger than Garbaharey

Sheikh

VIP
Lol saxib you're misinformed Baardheere and Beled Xaawo and Luuq are all bigger than Garbaharey

Bardera has 150,000 inhabitants. Beled Hawo the largest city of the Gedo region has 232,865 inhabitants. And Luuq has 200,000 inhabitants.

Sheikh

VIP
:dead:There is no way Baardheere has less people than Luuq

Exactly that's why I said to myself something isn't right.

Bardera the 3rd biggest city should have more inhabitants than Luuq.

We need info stating Bardera has more inhabitants than Luuq.

Exactly that's why I said to myself something isn't right.

Bardera the 3rd biggest city should have more inhabitants than Luuq.

We need info stating Bardera has more inhabitants than Luuq.
Baardheere is the biggest then Beled Xaawo just look at google maps

Sheikh

VIP
Siad Bare was dumb. He thought he would stay in Mogadishu forever and neglected his home region (Gedo).

I agree Siad Barre should had built his home region he was raised when he was younger in Gedo.

And built the Gedo roads to Lower Juba.

It takes about 2 days traveling from Gedo to Lower Juba because of the roads not being connected.

He built Mogadishu like an empire. And now look at it. :kanyehmm:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Garbahaarey has a population of 77,000 and of those 27,000 are urban or live in the town of Garbaahrey.

Gedo as a region did not recieve much government investment as it was too far inland. The same goes for Bakool. To this day there are no paved roads in either region, for example.

@Karbashhhh Hiraan is the only region that remains of the original 8 in 1960. It has the same population as Gedo a gobol created by MSB. The truth of the matter is that by pure chance Darood, who own ~50% of the territory of Somalia, only had majorities in 2 of the 8. What MSB did was create Darood majority states that are viable, i.e around the same size as Hiraan. This actually was good in the long run because it lowered political competition after the civil war. If the Marehan still shared Alto Giuba with D&M we would still be seeing Mudug style clan conflict in a present day Alto Giuba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending