Why are Somalis so xenophobic ?

World

VIP
So i see this beautiful wedding on my fyp, and instead of saying mashallah look what these xenophobic somalis are doing

F4A5E925-3843-47A5-85BC-9B16CD2B9A4C.jpeg

7CC76505-B5E1-4B4C-8556-E55D9EB56E72.jpeg
E7A824ED-40C1-4946-A744-54EBBB4F88D2.jpeg

Like i just don’t understand what is the need for these comments? Barawe people are Somalis, because they’re from Somalia. In what other countries are native ethnic minority stopped from claiming their nationality?

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
Umm.. most of the comments are pretty positive by the looks of it.

Some diasporas probably haven’t even met one or heard of them -most possibly got their info on the internet to follow along with the slander.

Also blame the 4.5 system crap on why they’re not respected under the Somali law.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
Reer xamar/barawe groups are Somali nationally and culturally like Bantu Somalis

-but their identity are not close to ours since their origins takes place in a different roots.

Since they’ve assimilated for centuries their part of our society; they’re Somali.

Going by genetics it’d be a different discussion for that matter.

So i see this beautiful wedding on my fyp, and instead of saying mashallah look what these xenophobic somalis are doing

View attachment 294365
View attachment 294366View attachment 294367

Like i just don’t understand what is the need for these comments? Barawe people are Somalis, because they’re from Somalia. In what other countries are native ethnic minority stopped from claiming their nationality?
It's pretty normal if you ask me. They are a gypsy people that have their own city in our land. I feel we are fairly nice to them. Although people like you would prefer that we call all people living in Somalia, Somali. That is simply unrealistic because Somalis have an ancient form of determining lineage tracing back to five major clans that are accepted as Somalis. There's not a lot of room for liberalizing to the dismay of the liberal youth of the diaspora.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
It's pretty normal if you ask me. They are a gypsy people that have their own city in our land. I feel we are fairly nice to them. Although people like you would prefer that we call all people living in Somalia, Somali. That is simply unrealistic because Somalis have an ancient form of determining lineage tracing back to five major clans that are accepted as Somalis. There's not a lot of room for liberalizing to the dismay of the liberal youth of the diaspora.
People trying to bend the meaning of what is "Somali" will get a rude awakening when they leave their diaspora blm bubbles.

Somalis determine who you are by lineage. You can quote me calling me all sorts of things and using this or that anecdote like they always do. But they can't change anything.

People trying to bend the meaning of what is "Somali" will get a rude awakening when they leave their diaspora blm bubbles.

Somalis determine who you are by lineage. You can quote me calling me all sorts of things and using this or that anecdote like they always do. But they can't change anything.
The only reason Somalis exist is because of ingrained xenophobic tendencies. These BLM xarlimos don't realize the reason they have slim noses and soft hair is because their forefather was racist lol.

World

VIP
What do you mean “our land”

They had their own cities like Barawe, Merca and Xamar. They were the majority population in all of these cities, you can check the Italian 1932 census. Nomads from the five major clans did not live in these cities, but stayed in the bush. Lamagoodles are immigrants from Sudan, just like how half of Cad Cad’s ancestry are immigrants. Nobody is more “native”.

What do you mean “our land”

They had their own cities like Barawe, Merca and Xamar. They were the majority population in all of these cities, you can check the Italian 1932 census. Nomads from the five major clans did not live in these cities, but stayed in the bush. Lamagoodles are immigrants from Sudan, just like how half of Cad Cad’s ancestry are immigrants. Nobody is more “native”.
Nah ah

World

VIP
The only reason Somalis exist is because of ingrained xenophobic tendencies. These BLM xarlimos don't realize the reason they have slim noses and soft hair is because their forefather was racist lol.
LOL this nigga thinks warrior Geeljires that fought British colonialists cared about slim noses and soft hair :russ::mjlol:

C50B49DD-105E-4528-9989-7ABBEFAEE519.jpeg

No, it’s the diaspora who talk that way. Come
To Xamar and you’d be laughed at for saying Reer Banadiris aren’t Somali. It’s always the fish and chips diaspora male Somalis who have nothing to do who says this. I don’t even think the older gen even talk this way or fobs who were actually raised by back home who have seen and lived and or heard about the Reer Banadiri group. Hence it’s YOU a that will be left with a rude awakening. I personally think you should focus on Djibouti.

No, it’s the diaspora who talk that way. Come
To Xamar and you’d be laughed at for saying Reer Banadiris aren’t Somali. It’s always the fish and chips diaspora male Somalis who have nothing to do who says this. I don’t even think the older gen even talk this way or fobs who were actually raised by back home who have seen and lived and or heard about the Reer Banadiri group. Hence it’s YOU a that will be left with a rude awakening. I personally think you should focus on Djibouti.
What you talking about stupid girl, I got family in Muqdisho. The Berwanis and Bantus aren't ethnic Somalis. It don't matter whether you in Borama, Xuddur, Bosaso or Saylac. They ain't us and never will be.

What you talking about stupid girl, I got family in Muqdisho. The Berwanis and Bantus aren't ethnic Somalis. It don't matter whether you in Borama, Xuddur, Bosaso or Saylac. They ain't us and never will be.
If you were really from Xamar and your family grew up in Xamar, you wouldn’t be debating with me about the fact that the Reer Xamari community are seen as Somali. I know they aren’t ethnic but at least 50% of their DNA is indeed Somali you nacaas. Don’t ever call me stupid. I know more about Xamar than you ever could. You’re not native to Xamar nor is your family. They’re even named after the city along with reer Barawi. I know for a fact that you’re not from Xamar. What are you? Reer Puntland? Stick to that.

Weird how it's always the western ciyaalka that are the first to say Somali ethnic minorities aren't Somali and all kinds of degeratorh remarks while at the same time complaining about racism in their host country.
Cognitive dissonance 🤝 Somalis

Weird how it's always the western ciyaalka that are the first to say Somali ethnic minorities aren't Somali and all kinds of degeratorh remarks while at the same time complaining about racism in their host country.
Cognitive dissonance 🤝 Somalis
Yes, Western Somalis who aren’t from Xamar and have never visited.