Why are Somalis so pure?

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
We are real africans. We are etnicly homogeneous but we are racially mixed. So we are africans no matter anything

That is exactly my question. Why are Somalis, and other Horn Africans, called "mixed" when every other modern ethnicity is also the result of ancient mixing—some even more recent than us?

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
That is exactly my question. Why are Somalis, and other Horn Africans, called "mixed" when every other modern ethnicity is also the result of ancient mixing—some even more recent than us?
We aren't mixed its ancient admixture. U got to understand that most people are mixed unless your inbread , humans been mixing since we existed. There is nothing wrong with being mixed. Even your west africans are mixed of some sorts. It doesn't change the fact that we are native to the horn or that we are ethnicly homogeneous

Apollo

VIP
@Apollo I had a question. What do you think about the claim that Somalis are not "real" Africans due to their ancient admixture. I thought most, if not all, modern ethnicities were the product historic mixing.

There is no such thing as African on a genetic level.

Nigerians (Yoruba) are closer to Eurasians than to Pygmies and San Bushmen.

Africa has huge genetic diversity.

Compared to other horner groups, why do Somalis have so little admixture from other groups? Are we a good example of what early cushites looked like?

If you look at our geography, we are very isolated from other groups. Also I think nomads are not the types to mix with other ethnicities.

This kind of topic is controversial and tends to trigger people (Ana Arab Somalis, We wuz pure Black Somalis, We wuz pure Horner Somalis, tribalist Somalis thinking their tribes are different ethnicities etc). I don't want to deal with the toxic comment sections produced by those types of videos.

You know that I know that you know there’s only one correct answer here........................
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apollo

VIP
You know that I know that you know there’s only one correct answer here........................
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hehe, Somalis only have 8-12% ancestry that existed in Somalia in ancient times before the advent of agriculture.

Most of Somalis ancestry (88-92%) comes from Neolithic North Sudan.

Today's Somalis are nothing like the people who lived in Somalia about 6,000 years ago.

Hehe, Somalis only have 8-12% ancestry that existed in Somalia in ancient times before the advent of agriculture.

Most of Somalis ancestry (88-92%) comes from Neolithic North Sudan.

Today's Somalis are nothing like the people who lived in Somalia about 6,000 years ago.
Don’t buy it for a second. Unless I map the genome myself I will never believe this lol

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Don’t buy it for a second. Unless I map the genome myself I will never believe what a 3rd party

It's a scientific fact.

Agropastoralism (Herding livestock/Nomadism) does not come from Somalia. All anthropologists agree on this. It mostly spread in Africa from the Sahara areas.

It's a scientific fact.

Agropastoralism (Herding livestock/Nomadism) does not come from Somalia. All anthropologists agree on this. It mostly spread in Africa from the Sahara areas.
So if we’re from north Sudan why do they also deny that we have had any contact or mixture with ancient Egyptians. They even deny that we’re remotely even related. Also if we are from N Sudan wouldn’t we be related to the Beja people or other native Sudanese?

Apollo

VIP
So if we’re from north Sudan why do they also deny that we have had any contact or mixture with ancient Egyptians. They even deny that we’re remotely even related. Also if we are from N Sudan wouldn’t we be related to the Beja people or other native Sudanese?

The proto-Cushites left that area a few thousand years before the Ancient Egyptians started their civilization and building pyramids. So we don't really have anything to do with the people building the pyramids, only some ties with their ancestors.

Only modern Egyptians and modern ethnic Nubians can claim that civilization's achievements and are their direct heirs. Somalis can't and it is kind of cringe when they do.

The proto-Cushites left that area a few thousand years before the Ancient Egyptians started their civilization and building pyramids. So we don't really have anything to do with the people building the pyramids, only some ties with their ancestors.

Only modern Egyptians and modern ethnic Nubians can claim that civilization's achievements and are their direct heirs. Somalis can't and it is kind of cringe when they do.
what about south sudan?

Wait so you’re taking about 10- 8000yrs ago?? That’s disingenuous to say that current Somalis only carry only 10% of ancient Somali ancestry because how do they know going back that far? Do they have a pure sample of ancient Somali dna from 10000 yrs ago to come to this conclusion? Like a control group that we don’t know about? Also with that logic we can safely assume none of the modern populations have more than few %s of the ancient ancestry of where they reside today as virtually every population has migrated in the last 10000 years.

BTW, any sources you can link here...I’d love to read about this further.

These people are straight retards
Propaganda at its finest. Europeans are known for rewriting history right before your eyes. They’re all pure and are originally from their current perspective regions, even Ethiopia is pure and also from its current region but as soon as you get to Somalia, Sudan and Egypt everything is suddnerrlt murky! Oh look your from N Sudan but you left before Egypt but the Egyptians are also not from Egypt and migrated from the Near East lol. So what happened to the people that resided in these regions or the original ancient Somalis?? Lol did they disappeared into thin air?

Apollo

VIP
Wait so you’re taking about 10- 8000yrs ago?? That’s disingenuous to say that current Somalis only carry only 10% of ancient Somali ancestry because how do they know going back that far? Do they have a pure sample of ancient Somali dna from 10000 yrs ago to come to this conclusion? Like a control group that we don’t know about? Also with that logic we can safely assume none of the modern populations have more than few %s of the ancient ancestry of where they reside today as virtually every population has migrated in the last 10000 years.

We are talking ~5,000 years ago when the proto-Cushites entered Somaliweyn and displaced the local hunter-gatherers. Prior to that, these groups were unrelated for over 50,000 years. They weren't the same people.

In the period between 8,000 to 2,000 years ago many large population movements happened that completely changed the racial make up of the world. Southeast Asia went from black looking hunter-gatherers to Chinese looking Asians for example in that period or the Bantus from West-Central Africa (roughly East Nigeria) started displacing the Pygmies and Khoisan in Central and South Africa.

We are still waiting on the study that will sequence the human remains of people that lived in Somalia ~7,000 years ago.

Trending