Why are Somalis so pure?

Compared to other horner groups, why do Somalis have so little admixture from other groups? Are we a good example of what early cushites looked like?

Apollo

VIP
The only difference from Ethiopians is a bit less Horn of Africa hunter-gatherer and less Semitic from Bronze Age South Semites, both of this can be explained by the climate of much of Somaliweyn (especially the northern part). It was not hospitable to local hunter-gatherers and later on it was not hospitable and enticing to South Semite farmers.

And to the East there are Oceans..

So mostly climate and geography.

Compared to other horner groups, why do Somalis have so little admixture from other groups? Are we a good example of what early cushites looked like?
No, we aren’t a good example of what early cushites looked like. Because “Somalis” are generally a newer ethnicity/people.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
The only difference from Ethiopians is a bit less Horn of Africa hunter-gatherer and less Semitic from Bronze Age South Semites, both of this can be explained by the climate of much of Somaliweyn (especially the northern part). It was not hospitable to local hunter-gatherers and later on it was not hospitable and enticing to South Semite farmers.

And to the East there are Oceans..

So mostly climate and geography.
Did south samites farmers live in somalia peninsula before didnt know that

Apollo

VIP
Did south samites farmers live in somalia peninsula before didnt know that

There is some evidence they visited it, even left engravings in South Semitic alphabets in Somaliland/Northern Somalia.

But there is no evidence that they migrated in large numbers and started farming & settling there like what happened in Eritrea and North-Central Ethiopia.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I always thought that early cushites were lighter skinned and had more West eurasian admixture. Wasn't there a later backflow of nilo-saharans into Horn of Africa? Or was that pre cushitic?

Marshall D Abdi

There is some evidence they visited it, even left engravings in South Semitic alphabets in Somaliland/Northern Somalia.

But there is no evidence that they migrated in large numbers and started farming & settling there like what happened in Eritrea and North-Central Ethiopia.
Why dont u start ur own youtube channel or perhaps tiktok which is better like the pakistani Guy who is familiar with haplogroups dna and genetic all these kind of things aka channel for education purposes

it would be great idea wallahi think about it

Apollo

VIP
Why dont u start ur own youtube channel or perhaps tiktok which is better like the pakistani Guy who is familiar with haplogroups dna and genetic all these kind of things aka channel for education purposes

it would be great idea wallahi think about it

This kind of topic is controversial and tends to trigger people (Ana Arab Somalis, We wuz pure Black Somalis, We wuz pure Horner Somalis, tribalist Somalis thinking their tribes are different ethnicities etc). I don't want to deal with the toxic comment sections produced by those types of videos.

Marshall D Abdi

This kind of topic is controversial and tends to trigger people (Ana Arab Somalis, We wuz pure Black Somalis, We wuz pure Horner Somalis, tribalist Somalis thinking their tribes are different ethnicities etc). I don't want to deal with the toxic comment sections produced by those types of videos.

Its a price that u have to pay while being famous on youtube or tiktok u name it

you have great knowledge on this hidden topic that many ppl dont know especielly us diaspora around the world at the same a talent which you explain a easy way that 10 years old can understand

dont let ur talent/knowledge go into waste sir

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪
Just lock the comments

Like this video :mjlol:

I honestly see more of the we wuz pure black/horner types. I feel like most of the ana arabs are trolls looking for reactions

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

I kinda doubt those were from South Arabian visitors. I remember a linguist friend pointing out to me that the "Berbers" of the north Somali coast living in those port-towns most likely did have a literate class. It would be a little odd if they did not given that they were making constant contact with Arabians, Indians, Romans, Greeks, Chinese... All people who had adopted writing at that point and also how during the Islamic period, when the same sort of trade continued, Reer Magaal Somalis wasted no time adopting Arabic as a written language, eventually even creating a way to use it for Af-Soomaali.

And what's further intriguing about those inscriptions found all over the north is that they're often in the hinterland too. On grave markers, supposedly even under some cave paintings and just generally all over the place so unless Arabians heavily colonized the north which we have no archaeological, genetic or historical account evidence for; one wouldn't be far-fetched in assuming some of these inscriptions were probably made by locals. The wide spread of the inscriptions honestly brings Semitic inscriptions to mind:

In Arabia, contrary to popular Islamic belief, it seems there was a high literacy rate during the pre-islamic era to an extent not usually ever seen in pre-modern societies. They have inscriptions literally everywhere. On random rocks, boulders and so on and the messages seem like they were left by normal everyday people who left behind things like love letters, descriptions of everyday life, poetry or their names. Would be trippy if nomads in northern Somalia were once similar and literacy just dropped overtime during the Islamic era like in Arabia.

Plus, if you look at the small amount of ancient Yemeni in Somalis and run some proper models on it the stuff looks "Intra-Horn" mediated. As in from some sort of Oromo-Habesha type source rather than direct Arabian admixture like with Habeshas so I doubt it was left by ancient Yemenis our people traded with who clearly left no linguistic mark.

I kinda doubt those were from South Arabian visitors. I remember a linguist friend pointing out to me that the "Berbers" of the north Somali coast living in those port-towns most likely did have a literate class. It would be a little odd if they did not given that they were making constant contact with Arabians, Indians, Romans, Greeks, Chinese... All people who had adopted writing at that point and also how during the Islamic period, when the same sort of trade continued, Reer Magaal Somalis wasted no time adopting Arabic as a written language, eventually even creating a way to use it for Af-Soomaali.

And what's further intriguing about those inscriptions found all over the north is that they're often in the hinterland too. On grave markers, supposedly even under some cave paintings and just generally all over the place so unless Arabians heavily colonized the north which we have no archaeological, genetic or historical account evidence for; one wouldn't be far-fetched in assuming some of these inscriptions were probably made by locals. The wide spread of the inscriptions honestly brings Semitic inscriptions to mind:

In Arabia, contrary to popular Islamic belief, it seems there was a high literacy rate during the pre-islamic era to an extent not usually ever seen in pre-modern societies. They have inscriptions literally everywhere. On random rocks, boulders and so on and the messages seem like they were left by normal everyday people who left behind things like love letters, descriptions of everyday life, poetry or their names. Would be trippy if nomads in northern Somalia were once similar and literacy just dropped overtime during the Islamic era like in Arabia.

Plus, if you look at the small amount of ancient Yemeni in Somalis and run some proper models on it the stuff looks "Intra-Horn" mediated. As in from some sort of Oromo-Habesha type source rather than direct Arabian admixture like with Habeshas so I doubt it was left by ancient Yemenis our people traded with who clearly left no linguistic mark.

This minister in Puntland said he found large bones and an ancient script in Puntland. 100% there were literate communities, but we need Somali archaeologists to dig and find out. I also heard about underground burial sites etc. I just want to know why Somalis evolved into an Oral society, or did Somalis replace these communities.

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪

So should we adopt a modified Ge'ez script due to it being the decendent of South arabian.

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
@Apollo I had a question. What do you think about the claim that Somalis are not "real" Africans due to their ancient admixture. I thought most, if not all, modern ethnicities were the product historic mixing.
We are real africans. We are etnicly homogeneous but we are racially mixed. So we are africans no matter anything

Trending