Why are Somalis mentioned everywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally dislike this trend. Nothing would be better than us flying under the radar once again.

Instead we have become the far rights punching bag. :farmajoyaab:
I don't care about what the far right thinks about us tbh :farole: Most of them are hateful losers anyways that hates everyone non-white

Literally. I see Somalis being mentioned everywhere, and it's annoying. It's not that they're talking negatively about us(most of the time) but I do not get, how everything can be compared to us.
2 minutes ago I was reading something about Khosians on Quora and some person said they look half Somali half Japanese :drakewtf: I mean it's not a bad thing since I think they're beautiful. But why Somali?
We're mentioned on the most random threads or comments sometimes, and I don't like it.
I wish we were an anonymous group of people. I remember being a kid and searching for "Somali" on google and the only thing that would pop up were pictures of cats. Now, it's mostly pictures of mugshots, pirates and women crying. Wish we could go back to these days :meleshame: It wasn't even that many years ago

Blame it on the YUUUUUUUGE online presence of a certain waryaa gender who are both low-self esteem and boisterous.

i1rcx.jpg

Atleast fobs conduct their cringy shenanigans in Af- Somali.

Oh, look. I was just wondering, how big the party Sverigedemokraterneare is in Sweden, and guess what the first article that I read mentions? A Somali man, that says he's gonna vote for them :faysalwtf:
Unbelievable. Every fucking where I go a Somali is mentioned

We are kind of self obsessed and way over represented online. We search for the slightest mention of Somalis on google and go there in hundreds. Look at our neighbors, they are 10x our population but rarely have online presense like we do :)
BETTER THAN SELF HATING.

i would rather obsessed with being somali than hating myself.

Madow ex slaves ARE TRYING TO MAKE US HATE OURSELVES BUT IT WILL NOT WORK

Literally. I see Somalis being mentioned everywhere, and it's annoying. It's not that they're talking negatively about us(most of the time) but I do not get, how everything can be compared to us.
2 minutes ago I was reading something about Khosians on Quora and some person said they look half Somali half Japanese :drakewtf: I mean it's not a bad thing since I think they're beautiful. But why Somali?
We're mentioned on the most random threads or comments sometimes, and I don't like it.
I wish we were an anonymous group of people. I remember being a kid and searching for "Somali" on google and the only thing that would pop up were pictures of cats. Now, it's mostly pictures of mugshots, pirates and women crying. Wish we could go back to these days :meleshame: It wasn't even that many years ago
i think it is simply the fact that somalis have a big present of youths in the west. somali youth are more popular among non somalis youth circles or people then ever before, 10 years ago the somali youth in the west were mostly ALL FOBS:leon: and kept to themselves.

GIVE IT 10 MORE YEARS and somali diapora will be one of the most popular ethnic groups in the west and will be talked about and be known by everyone :heh: ever cadaan will have a somali friend and may even know the qabils they are from.

you won't many 30 years old ajnabis with somali freinds(cuz 30 years old somalis are mostly fobs who don't speak much english) but you will for sure find many young ajnabis that know a lot of somali personally and grew up with them.

Uhmm yeah, but that's because there's 500+ ethnic groups in Nigeria :ftw9nwa:
I WISH MORE IGNORANT PEOPLE UNDERSTOOD THAT.

somali are literally all the same ethnicity, ignorant somalis in the west try to portray the somali identity as a national identity, IT IS NOT, being somali doesn't mean you are from somalia or you identify with the country somalia. IT IS NOT A NATIONAL IDENTITY. it is an ethnicity, IT'S A BLOODLINE.

i don't understand why a fulani OR a Yoruba born and bred in the uk with only a British passport(no duals) who has never been to Nigeria would say he is a Nigerian LIKE THAT IS THE COMPLETELY INCORRECT

BUT i guess people mix national and ethnic identities nowadays.

FURTHERMORE, fulani, anshanti, yoruba and Igbo are ethnicities BUT THEY ARE ALSO REFEREED TO AS TRIBES,

in that context SOMALI is also a tribe that consists of many different clans and sub clans.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Plus Somali people are one of few races where you can tell where they are from without asking. You can’t tell someone is Nigerian without them telling u for example
Yes I think that's a big fact but I know people who I used to go school with when I went to college further away and these people came from an area where legit no somalis live yet they talked about somalis like they saw us everyday. Clearly they learnt from online from songs etc and that shows people are way too obsessed over us it's weird.
I wish they could just ignore us we haven't even been in the west for long.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
I WISH MORE IGNORANT PEOPLE UNDERSTOOD THAT.

somali are literally all the same ethnicity, ignorant somalis in the west try to portray the somali identity as a national identity, IT IS NOT, being somali doesn't mean you are from somalia or you identify with the country somalia. IT IS NOT A NATIONAL IDENTITY. it is an ethnicity, IT'S A BLOODLINE.

i don't understand why a fulani OR a Yoruba born and bred in the uk with only a British passport(no duals) who has never been to Nigeria would say he is a Nigerian LIKE THAT IS THE COMPLETELY INCORRECT

BUT i guess people mix national and ethnic identities nowadays.

FURTHERMORE, fulani, anshanti, yoruba and Igbo are ethnicities BUT THEY ARE ALSO REFEREED TO AS TRIBES,

in that context SOMALI is also a tribe that consists of many different clans and sub clans.
True I've always wanted to ask other Africans that.

True I've always wanted to ask other Africans that.
I THINK SOMALI IS THE MOST FAMOUS AFRICAN ETHNICITY IN THE WEST.

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD ANY NON-AFRICAN AJNABI SAYING A AFRICAN PERSONS ETHNICITY WHEN REFERRING TO THEM??

they almost always mention the nationality their ethnicity back home are under. IT'S ALSO GHANAIAN GUY, not anshanti guy, it's always nigerian, AND not fulani BECAUSE NO ONE WOULD HAVE ANY IDEA. even somalis originate from Djibouti say they are somali, and not Djiboutian.

SOMALI MUST BE THE MOST WELL KNOWN AFRICAN ETHNICITY OUT THERE.:gaasdrink:

I THINK SOMALI IS THE MOST FAMOUS AFRICAN ETHNICITY IN THE WEST.

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD ANY NON-AFRICAN AJNABI SAYING A AFRICAN PERSONS ETHNICITY WHEN REFERRING TO THEM??

they almost always mention the nationality their ethnicity back home are under. IT'S ALSO GHANAIAN GUY, not anshanti guy, it's always nigerian, AND not fulani BECAUSE NO ONE WOULD HAVE ANY IDEA. even somalis originate from Djibouti say they are somali, and not Djiboutian.

SOMALI MUST BE THE MOST WELL KNOWN AFRICAN ETHNICITY OUT THERE.:gaasdrink:
That's because our ethnicity and nationality are both called the same thing. Somali.
So is our language

That's because our ethnicity and nationality are both called the same thing. Somali.
So is our language
it is just that we are all the same ethnicity so the founding father thought there was no need for a nationality, some say somalian is the nationality but the is not true.

other nations needed a national identity because they had different ethnic groups in one country.

VixR

Veritas
Fairly recent famine coverage and loudmouth internet trolls murked that relative obscurity. I got tired of answering my background and rebuffing negative connotations

Apollo

VIP
We are at the extreme tip of Africa and almost all the retards know about Somalia and Somalis, but countries like Djibouti, Uganda, Tanzania or Eritrea are unknown.

We are at the extreme tip of Africa and almost all the retards know about Somalia and Somalis, but countries like Djibouti, Uganda, Tanzania or Eritrea are unknown.
Some racist pricks on Twitter we're blaming the Somalis for the guy who tried to run people over in London. Sudanese got not heat because they are ghosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending