Why are Somalis mentioned everywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally. I see Somalis being mentioned everywhere, and it's annoying. It's not that they're talking negatively about us(most of the time) but I do not get, how everything can be compared to us.
2 minutes ago I was reading something about Khosians on Quora and some person said they look half Somali half Japanese :drakewtf: I mean it's not a bad thing since I think they're beautiful. But why Somali?
We're mentioned on the most random threads or comments sometimes, and I don't like it.
I wish we were an anonymous group of people. I remember being a kid and searching for "Somali" on google and the only thing that would pop up were pictures of cats. Now, it's mostly pictures of mugshots, pirates and women crying. Wish we could go back to these days :meleshame: It wasn't even that many years ago

Last edited:

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Its because we have such a huge presence on social media. Just look at the reaction on twitter whenever someone mentions Somalis, it turns into a warzone. We are in seemingly every forum that is active, everywhere.

It's a mixture of people being obsessed with us and us being highly active on social media. Also the bad negative attention we receive on the news and Internet is what is making people mention us 24/7.

It's better to be left alone and I'm starting to hate it too.:confused:

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
It's a mixture of people being obsessed with us and us being highly active on social media. Also the bad negative attention we receive on the news and Internet is what is making people mention us 24/7.

It's better to be left alone and I'm starting to hate it too.:confused:

I remember one girl who said Somali guys were good looking on twitter and you had a bunch of men from a wide variety of backgrounds (South Asian/Arab/Black) calling us ugly and shocked that she could find us attractive. Why are these men rating our looks for and why are they so bothered?

You have random people on twitter getting 2-3k retweets and likes off making Somali men big butt jokes :gucciwhat:

Remember that video someone posted where all the comments were from somalis?

I'm kinda embarassed to be somali when I see that kind of thing. Why are somalis so eager to let the world know they are somali? Is it low self esteem?

I remember one girl who said Somali guys were good looking on twitter and you had a bunch of men from a wide variety of backgrounds (South Asian/Arab/Black) calling us ugly and shocked that she could find us attractive. Why are these men rating our looks for and why are they so bothered?

You have random people on twitter getting 2-3k retweets and likes off making Somali men big butt jokes :gucciwhat:
The whole retweets of somali man butt jokes are the annoying part. Always ajnabis retweeting that crap. Even a Russian who lives in Russia and has never seen a somalis in her life mad a big butt somali joke.:mindblown:

I'm kinda embarassed to be somali when I see that kind of thing. Why are somalis so eager to let the world know they are somali? Is it low self esteem?
I believe I was the one that posted it :mjlol:

They go wild everytime Somalis are mentioned everywhere, but also when were NOT mentioned. I remember this popular African song, that gives a shoutout to many countries, but at least half the comments were Somalis being angry about "Not being mentioned" writing stuff like "We are Africans too!!!!!"
Like, shut the f*ck up. Not everything has to be about us. Most other African countries weren't mentioned in the song as well :bell:

Last edited:

No they are proud of who they are.

The whole retweets of somali man butt jokes are the annoying part. Always ajnabis retweeting that crap. Even a Russian who lives in Russia and has never seen a somalis in her life mad a big butt somali joke.:mindblown:
The amount of retweets and likes that girl got is messed up :tacky:

I believe I was the one that posted it :mjlol:

The go wild everytime Somalis are mentioned everywhere, but also when were NOT mentioned. I remember this popular African song, that gives a shoutout to many countries, but at least half the comments were Somalis being angry about "Not being mentioned" writing stuff like "We are Africans too!!!!!"
Like, shut the f*ck up. Not everything has to be about us. Most other African countries weren't mentioned in the song. :bell:
Why do they do that? And they are usually from the uk too. Judging by slang

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
We are kind of self obsessed and way over represented online. We search for the slightest mention of Somalis on google and go there in hundreds. Look at our neighbors, they are 10x our population but rarely have online presense like we do :)

We’re still pretty anonymous most people don’t know who or what we are in the U.S other then Minnesota or ohio it’s just London and toronto

Who remembers this song?

Somalis being happy, about a dwarf singing about him wanting Xaliimos to give him a blowjob, on the toilet ufff:gucciwhat:
I swear to god that shitty song would not have had 11 million views if it wasn't for Somalis. The comment section may have been toned down a bit now, but a few years ago it was only Somalis commenting and being gassed

Plus Somali people are one of few races where you can tell where they are from without asking. You can’t tell someone is Nigerian without them telling u for example

Who remembers this song?

Somalis being happy, about a dwarf singing about him wanting Xaliimos to give him a blowjob, on the toilet ufff:gucciwhat:
I swear to god that shitty song would not have had 11 million views if it wasn't for Somalis. The comment section may have been toned down a bit now, but a few years ago it was only Somalis commenting and being gassed
Omg the way somalis were gassed about this song angered me. He is literally degrading somali girls and these attention seeking insecure girls were hyping him up uff.

Somalis should stop getting gassed when someone mentions us in songs. It reminds me of that Canada goose fur song when tory lanez said with somalis and they down to let it shoot. Every somali was playing that one line on snapchat.:bell:

Somalis are easily gassed especially UK ones. Maybe some have flashbacks to when madows would chat shit about us now they want to feel better lol.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
I personally dislike this trend. Nothing would be better than us flying under the radar once again.

Instead we have become the far rights punching bag. :farmajoyaab:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending