• Yes

Votes: 30 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
You're a mouth-breathing mongoloid with extremely poor reading comprehension. I am now telling you to bun this, and stick to what you do best. Cry about Somali girls.
Who is crying about what have you lost you're mind
brainwashed salafi monkey

not my fault you're sisters are getting smashed by abu al Madow salafi :chrisfreshhah:

as for you, you fucking salafi scum, i commend the victories of ahlul sunnah wal jamaa a my muslim brothers for their victories against al shabab 5 thousand against 50 thousand al shabab who with saudi money and ajnabis lost mogadishu to their bravery
leaving hundreds of al shabab rats dead:rejoice:

AhluSUNA12.jpg

may allah grant the mujahideen of ahlul sunnah jannah:mjhaps:

Last edited:
As Muslims, we are obliged to follow the way of the Prophet (SAW) because he was the most perfect person there ever was, so I'm not entirely sure with what you're going there. Following the sunnah is good and always encouraged. It's sunnah to wash yourself before Friday prayers, innit? You get ajar. The Prophet (SAW) was not a woman also, so women should look up the Prophet's wives (RA) and follow in their footsteps if they wish to get ajar. Of course people will be angry that they're being told the niqab has nothing to do with Islam because it very much has to do so with the religion. Countless of scholars have argued about whether or not the niqab is mandatory, but it's incredibly rare to see a scholar claim the niqab itself has nothing to do with Islam because it's so incredibly incorrect.
No it's not. The scholar who said that the niqab is nothing but a cultural thing, has every right to say so. Because it's a undeniable fact. If it's something islamic, then the quran would have mentioned it. The prophet would have encouraged females to use them on multiple occasions, but he doesn't.

A islamic sunnah is something the prophets do, and they're not something obligatory to do. What the prophets wives does, ain't sunnah.

The only thing islam teaches females, is to cover up and to dress in modesty. Our muslim sisters already got something that's very modesty, and it's called the hijab.

Niqab is a ancient tradition, that belongs in ancient times. It has no places in today's society. It brings more harm, then benefits. In today's society, face to face conversation is a most and so is your identity. A female with a covered face going into a bank, brings nothing but terror to the people working there. Since you can easily be suspected to be a bank robber.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
I support all the Western countries banning niqab. Is there a reason why women dress like black bags with no identity? Can someone honestly explain it to me?

Niqabs should be seen as nothing more than a human right's violation. Who in their right mind does not find anything wrong with this?
february-15-2013-tunis-tunisia-salafi-islamist-women-in-niqab-argue-with-a-man-in-front-of-tunis-national-theatre-a-place-where-political-demonstrations-are-usually-held-des-tunisiennes-portant-le-voile-integral-se-disputent-avec-un-homme-a-tunis-france-out-no-sales-to-french-media-PBRKY9.jpg

Women in Somalia are even wearing this more and more.
5812553381_8dd26b1a38.jpg

This shit should be banned, holy shit. The face is the most important marker of identity for a human being. Why tf are women dressing up like 4th century desert gulf arabs in 2019.

This is the biggest form of cultural suicide that I've ever seen. Outside of like the gulf, it's rare to find Muslim women covering up their faces except for maybe Afghanistan. Not to mention how can you hide the most important part of you? Your freaking face?

Can't wait for all the women haters to come in and tell me how great niqab is though.
giphy.gif
Hooyada iyo tii ku xaartey ba waas gaal oo gaal dhalay somalis have no culture our culture is Islam

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Somali women wear them to hide the baruur and in Somalia to remain untanned. :mjlol:
Maybe that’s why your mother wears it but most muslimahs wear it to get closer to their creator it’s a form of worship and last time i checked in all western countries freedom of religion was the law of the land.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I am indifferent, if a woman wants to, its her right.:hillarybiz:

Banning it is hypocritical

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
WHAT

then why where you arguing with @CaliSomali when she doesnt like the niqab

also its mandatory under the false interpretation of the salafiyah:ileycry:

you are a confusing women, cali somali is right as that it was a cultral borrowing from the saudi salafis and muslims never used it before they falsely pushed for it

1. Cali was literally arguing for the ban of niqabs and also incorrectly cited it to be an exclusively "Arab" dress. I argued against her, stating that is was in fact an Islamic outfit and showed evidence from the hadiths that supported this narrative.

2. I have never explicitly stated that I was Salafi, thank you very much. I have stated on another thread to you that I don't know much about Salafism so I can't adhere to it. I have also stated multiple times on this thread that I believe the niqab is sunnah and not obligatory like the hijab, so your persistent arguments trying to argue that it's not mandatory waste both of our time.

3. I'm a male.

4. *sigh* Why are we regressing here, brother? I have literally cited sources from the hadiths confirming that the niqabs were worn by the Prophet's wives (RA). This is the last time I will say this: the niqab is not an exclusively cultural thing. It is Islamic. It is sunnah. The niqab has been worn by Muslims for at least 1400 years now.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
why is this even an argument? If women want to wear a niqqab, then by all means they should be able to wear one. And the argument that it "pre dates Islam" so therefore is non islamic is extremely idiotic since the hijab also pre dates Islam. Is the hijab now just "Arab culture" and not Islamic?

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
No it's not. The scholar who said that the niqab is nothing but a cultural thing, has every right to say so. Because it's a undeniable fact. If it's something islamic, then the quran would have mentioned it. The prophet would have encouraged females to use them on multiple occasions, but he doesn't.

A islamic sunnah is something the prophets do, and they're not something obligatory to do. What the prophets wives does, ain't sunnah.

The only thing islam teaches females, is to cover up and to dress in modesty. Our muslim sisters already got something that's very modesty, and it's called the hijab.

Niqab is a ancient tradition, that belongs in ancient times. It has no places in today's society. It brings more harm, then benefits. In today's society, face to face conversation is a most and so is your identity. A female with a covered face going into a bank, brings nothing but terror to the people working there. Since you can easily be suspected to be a bank robber.

If the Prophet (PBUH) does something, as Muslims it's in our best interests to follow him. The Qu'ran isn't very specific when it comes to Islamically-guided legal guidance and law. Hadiths give direction on everything from details of religious obligations to the correct forms of salutations. Hadiths are an integral part of Islamic law.

Just because a practice is old, it doesn't mean it shouldn't be applicable to the modern-day. That's the sort of logic atheists have against organized religion. The rules of akira don't change for any society, sxb. Also, that's a very slippery slope to fall down. Ban face veils (religious face veils, mind you) just on the small chance that the person may be a robber? Your militantly secular European side is showing, sxb. Why not ban pins in public spaces that can potentially be used to stab a child in the neck? Lol, try that in America; religious liberties are amazing here and you'll get sued against faster than you applied such a moronic rule.

As an arab man I find this thread to be racist towards Arabs @AussieHustler

@Cognitivedissonance

Sxb, my sympathises to reeraha Carrabta soomaaliyeed ee South Sudanese ka madow. I don’t like to participate threads discussing how and what a women should dress, marka see you in some other threads. Before I go, your tabliiq here is working because nin la yidhaahdo @Kaiser ayaa Diric Dubai ka xadey @sophisticate . Naagnimada ma tuugonimo ayaad ku darsateen, soon, I will hear Jabhadda Transgender-ka ee Amir @Cognitivedissonance ayaa magaalada Afgooye qabsadeen.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Thank you walaal. Honestly though, this thread has only reminded me why I don’t really like Somali culture. Our people are rude and won’t accept anyone else’s opinions.

I’m probably going to stop going on this site. It really bums me out sometimes. But I appreciate your support :it0tdo8:
Ignore them sis, don't leave us. Forget them.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
OP: Niqabs are trash.
Rest of Sspot: Well, no--
OP: Omg, why is everyone getting so butthurt? Is it evil to have a different opinion? Am I not allowed to express myself now? Why is everyone getting on me? I'm done with this site from now on. You guys are getting too insane and I don't know if I can stomach it anymore.
Rest of Sspot: ?
Cut it out. She stated her opinion, you might disagree with her, but we shouldn't tolerate bullying. Stop bullying her.

World

VIP
Niqab is a sunnah, you can't be against it and be a Muslim.

And the niqab was common in all urban Muslim cities less than 100 years ago, not just Saudi Arabia. Here are some pictures of Bosnia(Europe) in the early 20th century:

DMIMLhIW0AAXQ0G.jpg

DMIMMYfWsAIpzch.jpg

DMIMKRRW0AAIOTJ.jpg

DMIMJUCXUAATlXW.jpg

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
My opinion as a Muslim male is that Hijaabs/Jilbaab is very positive, with that said we should never be in the business of telling other people what to wear and what not to. I support individual choices to a certain limit (with the exception of full nudity), I believe if u wanna rocks jeans and a shirt or u wanna dress in niqaab, by all means do u :)

@geeljire madaxweyne We are not salafis or saudis. Some people view Niqab as obligatory and others don't. The Prophet's SCW wives wore it and Ibn Abbas RA was asked about the verse in Surah Ahzab that says women should cast/wear their Jilbaabs Ibn Abbas included the face.

Some wear it and some don't. Having different views doesn't make us Saudi extremists

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
@Cognitivedissonance

Sxb, my sympathises to reeraha Carrabta soomaaliyeed ee South Sudanese ka madow. I don’t like to participate threads discussing how and what a women should dress, marka see you in some other threads. Before I go, your tabliiq here is working because nin la yidhaahdo @Kaiser ayaa Diric Dubai ka xadey @sophisticate . Naagnimada ma tuugonimo ayaad ku darsateen, soon, I will hear Jabhadda Transgender-ka ee Amir @Cognitivedissonance ayaa magaalada Afgooye qabsadeen.
Astagfirullah feminism democracy LGBT iyo secularism is forbidden in Somalia the law of the land is divine laws based on the Quran.

But you as a Australian you can not be transphobic it’s against the law in Australia so you must adhere to the law of the land in Australia that’s why I support transwomen against feminism in the United Kingdom

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
@geeljire madaxweyne We are not salafis or saudis. Some people view Niqab as obligatory and others don't. The Prophet's SCW wives wore it and Ibn Abbas RA was asked about the verse in Surah Ahzab that says women should cast/wear their Jilbaabs Ibn Abbas included the face.

Some wear it and some don't. Having different views doesn't make us Saudi extremists
If siad barre or farmaajo made jilbaab haram then you would be calling for the jilbaab to be banned. we know which direction your peeps prostrate to kkk

niqab not only ugly but degrades women. Now i see why western public opinion is againest muslims,atleast half of the diaspora comments here support such evil practice, and people inside somalia are fighting hard to eliminate it along with all fundamentalist ideology.what a disconnect!

unbelievable those in the west suppose to be enlightened are for this nonesense while the uneducated masses back home have seen the excesses of fundamentalist stuff and work hard to get rid off it.
Remember this niqab thing only been 30 yrs among somalis.

when all these pro niqabi western somalis come back home they will be sent to re education camps so as not to poison the masses. after all that religious mess happening in somalia now were brought back by people like you....it wasnt home grown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts