• Yes

Votes: 30 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Ok, so you agree that the niqab is a part of Islam, unlike the opinions of OP, whom was claiming that the garment itself was a "cultural import". That's what she was being criticizing for in the first place, dum-dum. Literally no one is saying that a Muslim woman has to wear it but OP was claiming that it shouldn't even be practiced at all and encouraged Western bans on it, which is what everybody was disagreeing with her about.

Wallahi, the fact that you're comparing people elevating the niqab to terrorism is absolutely freaking disgusting in so many ways.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:farmajoyaab:the niqab was made compulsary and introduced by the salafiyah , niqab is just a fake salafi invention and thous unislamic

only the hijab was worn by the wives of the prophet and not the other muslim women it is encouraged not forced or obligated according to the ahlus sunnah shafii madhab

:samwelcome: you welcome abayo

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Many places in the middle east and northern africa to even the horn of africa, niqab is also used by prostitutes to both hide their identities. Niqab is also used by terrorist to perform a terror attack. There is also the fact that a lot of abused woman use the niqab to hide their wounds that they received from their spouses.

So please, before talking about the niqab, try and never generalize them all as being good and islamic. Woman who use the niqab, always have different reasons for why they're using them. Some are forced, some do it because of their work, and some are lied to and told that it was islamic and those they use them.

Bruv, I agree that like anything else on this planet, humans are a creative bunch and the niqab can be used and perverted for its original intention which was the expression of piety by the Muslim woman. That being said however, the niqab is very much a part of the diin and you trying to deny it is dishonest. The Prophet's wives (RA) all wore the niqab; are you suggesting that they were only prostitutes and victims of abuse? Sxb, please don't let the Western propaganda get into your head. Embrace your religion and please don't think some isolated incidents define the whole thing.

sarcastic-laughing-gif-1.gif
whatever you salafi,

also i speak for the ahlus sunnah muslims
dont conflate us for you "salafis" terrorists and extremists al shabab dogs

now go and blow yourself up
giphy.gif

lil Islamophobic pussyhole.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
:farmajoyaab:the niqab was made compulsary and introduced by the salafiyah , niqab is just a fake salafi invention and thous unislamic

only the hijab was worn by the wives of the prophet and not the other muslim women it is encouraged not forced or obligated according to the ahlus sunnah shafii madhab

:samwelcome: you welcome abayo

No, the Prophet's wives (RA) wore the niqab--didn't we just go over this? You can't just make stuff up, saaxiib. You can't just call something fake just because you don't like it--who are you, Donald Trump?

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
lil Islamophobic pussyhole.
No, the Prophet's wives (RA) wore the niqab--didn't we just go over this? You can't just make stuff up, saaxiib. You can't just call something fake just because you don't like it--who are you, Donald Trump?
the prophets wive did not wear the niqab they wore the hijab
even if they did the majority of muslim women at the time did not wear the niqab nor did they wear the hijab
the hijab is encouraged not forced upon nor is it cumpolsury, that was later implemented by the salafiyah falsley
no go do some reading:nahgirl:

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
even if they did the majority of muslim women at the time did not wear the niqab nor did they wear the hijab
the hijab is encouraged not forced upon nor is it cumpolsury, that was later implemented by the salafiyah falsley

This is a hadith narrated by none other than Aisha (RA):

Riders would pass us when we accompanied the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) while we were in the sacred state (wearing ihram). When they came by us, one of us would let down her outer garment from her head over her face, and when they had passed on, we would uncover our faces.

Also:

`Aisha used to say: "When (the Verse): "They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms," was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces."

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Whenever I see a woman wearing the niqab, I always get very good vibes as many of my favorite teachers and tutors wore the niqab.

niqab-canada.jpg

Niqabs are a sign of eloquence and respectability. Hijabis are consistently good women, yet usually they're flawed in some manner. Niqabis on the other hand are often some of the most intelligent and respectable women I have ever met. I have never seen a niqabi curse or speak ill of another person. All the ones I've met were educated and well-spoken and kind. This anti-Niqabi sentiment is high-key a result of Western Islamophobia taking over Muslims themselves in the West.

Go to Somalia, you will be shocked at the Niqabis that do worst than swearing :siilaanyolaugh:

Bruv, I agree that like anything else on this planet, humans are a creative bunch and the niqab can be used and perverted for its original intention which was the expression of piety by the Muslim woman. That being said however, the niqab is very much a part of the diin and you trying to deny it is dishonest. The Prophet's wives (RA) all wore the niqab; are you suggesting that they were only prostitutes and victims of abuse? Sxb, please don't let the Western propaganda get into your head. Embrace your religion and please don't think some isolated incidents define the whole thing.

"The Prophet's wives (RA) all wore the niqab; are you suggesting that they were only prostitutes and victims of abuse?" Are you fucking kidding me?. When did i say such thing. Don't twist peoples words, that's very dishonest of you and outright disrespectful.

What i said is a simple truth. The use of niqab differs from females to females, and not all of them uses it for the same reason. But you on the other hand, are trying to make all the niqab users as "pure", "intelligent" and "very religious". But that's fucking straight up factually wrong.

You can deny all you want, and call females who use the niqab "pure", "intelligent" and "very religious", but the fact that the majority of it's uses differ is still a fact.

The niqab can be and has been used to attack people. It has been used by many females around the islamic world, to hide their identities when performing and act of prostitution. It has been used by a wholesome lot of females around the islamic world and some even in the west to hide their wounds of abuse.

You also said that niqab is a islamic thing, when in fact it predates islam itself. Many places in the arabic world used niqab before the prophet muhammed was even born. It's not just in the arabic world, faces vails where being used by other cultures too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niqāb#Pre-Islamic_use_of_face_veils

https://www.facinghistory.org/civic-dilemmas/brief-history-veil-islam

"The veil itself, however, predated Islam and was practiced by women of several religions. It also was largely linked to class position: Wealthy women could afford to veil their bodies completely, whereas poor women who had to work [in the field] either modified their veils or did not wear them at all."

https://archive.islamonline.net/?p=851

Grand Sheikh Mohamed Tantawi the dean of Al-Azhar University and one of the highest Islamic authorities in Egypt and the Muslim world says so. He told a young female student to take the Niqab off when he was on a visit to one of the schools affiliated to Al Azhar (one of the most prestigious Islamic institutions) The Grand Sheikh said the Niqab is a tradition and not part of Islam, he apparently told the girl “I know more about Islam than your parents and I’m telling you to take it off”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veil

I hope you read all of these stuff, and get some understanding of what you're trying to argue.

Last edited:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Bring proof that the prophets wives wore niqab.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Go to Somalia, you will be shocked at the Niqabis that do worst than swearing :siilaanyolaugh:

Many of them in Somalia used the niqab to cover their identites, which isn't all what it was intended for. That doesn't count; I'm talking about religious women whom choose to wear the niqab in order to get closer to Allah (SWT).

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
"The Prophet's wives (RA) all wore the niqab; are you suggesting that they were only prostitutes and victims of abuse?" Are you fucking kidding me?. When did i say such thing. Don't twist peoples words, that's very dishonest of you and outright disrespectful.

I'm sorry, but that was an easy conclusion to come to. You were so negative when describing the niqab, as if one had to be either an abuse victim or a sex worker in order to wear it. I wanted to remind you that some of the most adored women in our religion wore the niqab, so the practice itself is not forbidden and since they engaged in it, it's actually encouraged, like breaking one's fast with dates as the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) did.

What i said is a simple truth. The use of niqab differs from females to females, and not all of them uses it for the same reason. But you on the other hand, are trying to make all the niqab users as "pure", "intelligent" and "very religious". But that's fucking straight up factually wrong.

You can deny all you want, and call females who use the niqab "pure", "intelligent" and "very religious", but the fact that the majority of it's uses differ is still a fact.

I did not deny that some people have no respect for the diin and pervert the orginial intentions of the niqab. I heard about a couple once that committed sexual acts in a masjid--is that the purpose of a masjid? No. Is that what's expected in a masjid? No. Is that encouraged? No. Simiar to those who pervert the niqab, that's not its purpose.

As for my comments about niqabis, I was drawing from my personal experinces and my personal experinces alone. The ill comments exhibited in this thread about niqabis is incredibly rude and dehumanizes the women who wear them to the extent where I think we forget that niqabis can be pretty amazing people. Is it a generalization? Definitely, I haven't met every single niqabi in this world so I can't honestly speak for them all. But I can speak about my own experinces towards all the pretty amazing role models I encountered in my life.

The niqab can be and has been used to attack people. It has been used by many females around the islamic world, to hide their identities when performing and act of prostitution. It has been used by a wholesome lot of females around the islamic world and some even in the west to hide their wounds of abuse.

I have already discussed my thoughts on the women who wear the niqab for un-Islamic reasons: it's not halal. They're not doing it for the sake of Allah (SWT) like they're suppose to, so they aren't getting any ajar. That's like saying performing salat is a bad thing because some people only do it to get out of work or because their parents made them do it. That's not the purpose of salat so that's an irrelevant thing to bring up. Same with the niqab; those who wear it for nonreligious purposes are not relevant to this discussion because we're talking about niqabis who wear it for the diin and the diin only.

"The veil itself, however, predated Islam and was practiced by women of several religions. It also was largely linked to class position: Wealthy women could afford to veil their bodies completely, whereas poor women who had to work [in the field] either modified their veils or did not wear them at all."

https://archive.islamonline.net/?p=851

Grand Sheikh Mohamed Tantawi the dean of Al-Azhar University and one of the highest Islamic authorities in Egypt and the Muslim world says so. He told a young female student to take the Niqab off when he was on a visit to one of the schools affiliated to Al Azhar (one of the most prestigious Islamic institutions) The Grand Sheikh said the Niqab is a tradition and not part of Islam, he apparently told the girl “I know more about Islam than your parents and I’m telling you to take it off”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veil

I hope you read all of these stuff, and get some understanding of what you're trying to argue.

(al-Bukhari 5063)

Aisha(R.A.) used to say: "When (the Verse): 'They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms,' was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces."

(al-Bukhari 4759)

Aa’ishah said: The riders used to pass by us when we were with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in ihraam. When they came near us we would lower our jilbaabs from our heads over our faces, and when they had passed by we would uncover our faces.

(Abu Dawood 1562)

The Prophet stayed for three rights between Khaibar and Medina and was married to Safiya. I invited the Muslims to his marriage banquet and there was neither meat nor bread in that banquet but the Prophet ordered Bilal to spread the leather mats on which dates, dried yogurt and butter were put. The Muslims said amongst themselves, "Will she (i.e. Safiya) be one of the mothers of the believers, (i.e. one of the wives of the Prophet ) or just (a lady captive) of what his right-hand possesses?" Some of them said, "If the Prophet makes her observe the veil, then she will be one of the mothers of the believers (i.e. one of the Prophet's wives), and if he does not make her observe the veil, then she will be his lady slave." So when he departed, he made a place for her behind him (on his camel) and made her observe the veil.

(al-Bukhari 4213)

A woman called Umm Khallad came to the Prophet(peace and blessings upon him) while she was veiled. She was searching for her son who had been killed (in the battle) Some of the Companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings upon them) said to her: You have come here asking for your son while veiling your face? She said: If I am afflicted with the loss of my son, I shall not suffer the loss of my modesty. The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings upon him) said: You will get the reward of two martyrs for your son. She asked: Why is that so, Messenger of Allah? He replied: Because the people of the Book have killed him.

(Abi Dawood 2488)

It was narrated from Aisha" that Safwaan ibn al-Muattal al-Sulami al-Dhakwaani was lagging behind the army. He came to where I had stopped and saw the black shape of a person sleeping. He recognized me when he saw me, because he had seen me before Hijab was enjoined. I woke up when I heard him saying "Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raajioon (verily to Allah we belong and unto Him is our return)," when he saw me, and I covered my face with my Jilbab."

It's not just a "cultural thing" and you know it. Wearing the niqab is sunnah.

(al-Bukhari 5063)

Aisha(R.A.) used to say: "When (the Verse): 'They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms,' was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces."

(al-Bukhari 4759)

Aa’ishah said: The riders used to pass by us when we were with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in ihraam. When they came near us we would lower our jilbaabs from our heads over our faces, and when they had passed by we would uncover our faces.

(Abu Dawood 1562)

The Prophet stayed for three rights between Khaibar and Medina and was married to Safiya. I invited the Muslims to his marriage banquet and there was neither meat nor bread in that banquet but the Prophet ordered Bilal to spread the leather mats on which dates, dried yogurt and butter were put. The Muslims said amongst themselves, "Will she (i.e. Safiya) be one of the mothers of the believers, (i.e. one of the wives of the Prophet ) or just (a lady captive) of what his right-hand possesses?" Some of them said, "If the Prophet makes her observe the veil, then she will be one of the mothers of the believers (i.e. one of the Prophet's wives), and if he does not make her observe the veil, then she will be his lady slave." So when he departed, he made a place for her behind him (on his camel) and made her observe the veil.

(al-Bukhari 4213)

A woman called Umm Khallad came to the Prophet(peace and blessings upon him) while she was veiled. She was searching for her son who had been killed (in the battle) Some of the Companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings upon them) said to her: You have come here asking for your son while veiling your face? She said: If I am afflicted with the loss of my son, I shall not suffer the loss of my modesty. The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings upon him) said: You will get the reward of two martyrs for your son. She asked: Why is that so, Messenger of Allah? He replied: Because the people of the Book have killed him.

(Abi Dawood 2488)

It was narrated from Aisha" that Safwaan ibn al-Muattal al-Sulami al-Dhakwaani was lagging behind the army. He came to where I had stopped and saw the black shape of a person sleeping. He recognized me when he saw me, because he had seen me before Hijab was enjoined. I woke up when I heard him saying "Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raajioon (verily to Allah we belong and unto Him is our return)," when he saw me, and I covered my face with my Jilbab."

It's a cultural thing. It predates islam itself, and has been associated with modesty, wealth and social class. It's has not been mentioned in the quran, and has not been said to be a obligatory.

Also the word "sunnah" itself means tradition.

"The word Sunnah (Arabic: سنة) is an Arabic word meaning "tradition" or "way." For Muslims, Sunnah means "the way of the prophet". The Sunnah is made up of the words and actions of Muhammad, the prophet of Islam. Muslims believe Muhammad's life is a good model for them to follow in their own lives."

The prophet never wore a niqab, so it ain't a sunnah in that regard. But if females wants to say that "Aisha wore it, so i will too" then go ahead, but don't be angry if you're told that it's not islamic.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
I'm sorry, but that was an easy conclusion to come to. You were so negative when describing the niqab, as if one had to be either an abuse victim or a sex worker in order to wear it. I wanted to remind you that some of the most adored women in our religion wore the niqab, so the practice itself is not forbidden and since they engaged in it, it's actually encouraged, like breaking one's fast with dates as the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) did.

I did not deny that some people have no respect for the diin and pervert the orginial intentions of the niqab. I heard about a couple once that committed sexual acts in a masjid--is that the purpose of a masjid? No. Is that what's expected in a masjid? No. Is that encouraged? No. Simiar to those who pervert the niqab, that's not its purpose.

As for my comments about niqabis, I was drawing from my personal experinces and my personal experinces alone. The ill comments exhibited in this thread about niqabis is incredibly rude and dehumanizes the women who wear them to the extent where I think we forget that niqabis can be pretty amazing people. Is it a generalization? Definitely, I haven't met every single niqabi in this world so I can't honestly speak for them all. But I can speak about my own experinces towards all the pretty amazing role models I encountered in my life.

I have already discussed my thoughts on the women who wear the niqab for un-Islamic reasons: it's not halal. They're not doing it for the sake of Allah (SWT) like they're suppose to, so they aren't getting any ajar. That's like saying performing salat is a bad thing because some people only do it to get out of work or because their parents made them do it. That's not the purpose of salat so that's an irrelevant thing to bring up. Same with the niqab; those who wear it for nonreligious purposes are not relevant to this discussion because we're talking about niqabis who wear it for the diin and the diin only.

(al-Bukhari 5063)

(al-Bukhari 4759)

(Abu Dawood 1562)

(al-Bukhari 4213)

(Abi Dawood 2488)

so what its still not obligatory infact according to the shafii madhab
as for the hadiths and verses it is merely encouraged but the issue on weather the niqab should be forced upon or obligated is another matter all together

according to shafii

As for a free women, all her body is her ʿawra, apart from her face and hands—Nawawī states, up to the wrists—because of the verse, (and let them not display their beauty (zīna) except what [usually] appears of it).Ibn ʿAbbās states that [what is excepted] refers to her face and her hands, because the Prophet (pbuh) prohibited women in the state of iḥrām from wearing a niqāb and gloves. If the face and hands were part of the ʿawra, it would not have been impermissible (ḥarām) to cover them, and [in addition, everyday] needs require showing one’s face in buying and selling, and showing one’s hands in giving and taking, so they have not been made part of the ʿawra.

One may also draw upon the ḥadīth narrated by Abū Dāwūd that Asmāʾ b. Abī Bakr entered upon [the house of] the Prophet (pbuh) wearing a thin dress, and the Prophet turned away from her saying, “O Asmāʾ, when a woman reaches puberty, only these two should be visible,” and he pointed at his hands and face.

as for the hiab
Let them place their headscarves (khumur-i-hinn) upon their chests (juyūb-i-hinn)). Khumur is the plural of khimār, which means headscarf; juyūb is the plural of jayb, which means the part of the garment that exposes the cleavage area. Thus women have been commanded to drape their headscarves in such a way as to cover their necks and chests, and not to leave them uncovered in the way of the women of pre-Islamic times.

If covering the face were an obligation, the verse would have stated so explicitly and commanded [them] to place their headscarves over their faces, in the same way that it explicitly mentions placing it over the cleavage area, and this is why Ibn Ḥazm states.

God I has thus commanded them to place their headscarves upon their chests, and this is a textual proof that the ʿawra, the neck, and the chest ought to be covered, and it is also a textual proof that showing one’s face is permitted, and nothing else is possible in any case.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
It's a cultural thing. It predates islam itself, and has been associated with modesty, wealth and social class. It's has not been mentioned in the quran, and has not been said to be a obligatory.

Also the word "sunnah" itself means tradition.

"The word Sunnah (Arabic: سنة) is an Arabic word meaning "tradition" or "way." For Muslims, Sunnah means "the way of the prophet". The Sunnah is made up of the words and actions of Muhammad, the prophet of Islam. Muslims believe Muhammad's life is a good model for them to follow in their own lives."

The prophet never wore a niqab, so it ain't a sunnah in that regard. But if females wants to say that "Aisha wore it, so i will too" then go ahead, but don't be angry if you're told that it's not islamic.

As Muslims, we are obliged to follow the way of the Prophet (SAW) because he was the most perfect person there ever was, so I'm not entirely sure with what you're going there. Following the sunnah is good and always encouraged. It's sunnah to wash yourself before Friday prayers, innit? You get ajar. The Prophet (SAW) was not a woman also, so women should look up the Prophet's wives (RA) and follow in their footsteps if they wish to get ajar. Of course people will be angry that they're being told the niqab has nothing to do with Islam because it very much has to do so with the religion. Countless of scholars have argued about whether or not the niqab is mandatory, but it's incredibly rare to see a scholar claim the niqab itself has nothing to do with Islam because it's so incredibly incorrect.

Stick to crying about Somali girls

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
so what its still not obligatory infact according to the shafii madhab
as for the hadiths and verses it is merely encouraged but the issue on weather the niqab should be forced upon or obligated is another matter all together

according to shafii

As for a free women, all her body is her ʿawra, apart from her face and hands—Nawawī states, up to the wrists—because of the verse, (and let them not display their beauty (zīna) except what [usually] appears of it).Ibn ʿAbbās states that [what is excepted] refers to her face and her hands, because the Prophet (pbuh) prohibited women in the state of iḥrām from wearing a niqāb and gloves. If the face and hands were part of the ʿawra, it would not have been impermissible (ḥarām) to cover them, and [in addition, everyday] needs require showing one’s face in buying and selling, and showing one’s hands in giving and taking, so they have not been made part of the ʿawra.

One may also draw upon the ḥadīth narrated by Abū Dāwūd that Asmāʾ b. Abī Bakr entered upon [the house of] the Prophet (pbuh) wearing a thin dress, and the Prophet turned away from her saying, “O Asmāʾ, when a woman reaches puberty, only these two should be visible,” and he pointed at his hands and face.

as for the hiab
Let them place their headscarves (khumur-i-hinn) upon their chests (juyūb-i-hinn)). Khumur is the plural of khimār, which means headscarf; juyūb is the plural of jayb, which means the part of the garment that exposes the cleavage area. Thus women have been commanded to drape their headscarves in such a way as to cover their necks and chests, and not to leave them uncovered in the way of the women of pre-Islamic times.

If covering the face were an obligation, the verse would have stated so explicitly and commanded [them] to place their headscarves over their faces, in the same way that it explicitly mentions placing it over the cleavage area, and this is why Ibn Ḥazm states.

God I has thus commanded them to place their headscarves upon their chests, and this is a textual proof that the ʿawra, the neck, and the chest ought to be covered, and it is also a textual proof that showing one’s face is permitted, and nothing else is possible in any case.

:farmajoyaab::farmajoyaab::farmajoyaab: Wallahi, I think you just enjoy arguing with me. I have repeated time and time again on this thread that I don't believe that the niqab is mandatory. Bruh, you did all that research for something I wasn't even claiming. Take a step back, sxb :noneck:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
:farmajoyaab::farmajoyaab::farmajoyaab: Wallahi, I think you just enjoy arguing with me. I have repeated time and time again on this thread that I don't believe that the niqab is mandatory. Bruh, you did all that research for something I wasn't even claiming. Take a step back, sxb :noneck:
WHAT

then why where you arguing with @CaliSomali when she doesnt like the niqab

also its mandatory under the false interpretation of the salafiyah:ileycry:

you are a confusing women, cali somali is right as that it was a cultral borrowing from the saudi salafis and muslims never used it before they falsely pushed for it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending