Why are Muslim men allowed to marry non-muslims but never vice versa?

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
@HIBAQ123

You come of as someone who’s trying to find a man who you consider credible in your life.

You believe Muslim men aren’t trustful so you try to find another man from a different faith or culture that’s more or quite progressive in terms of valuing women rights.

I know Muslim men usually appear sexist or extremely sexist in todays standards and you as a muslim born westerner you’re trying to find a moderate (semi religious) muslim man who wouldn’t go to an extreme to judge you.

unlike Christianity, Islam have retained their religious and conservative roots.

So it’s no wonder why Islam is usually seen as anti women by western feminists.

I’m not religious myself: but I think it’s best to find a man who’s from a secular family but still respects religious holidays or is open minded to another peoples faith.

Westerners are pretty open minded on this.

But I have a question for you: are you religious?

if so, it’s best for you to find a Muslim man.

And accept the role that’s ordained for you.
Talk to your Muslim religious sisters about your faith just to learn better and find ways to accept about your deen.

it’s easier talking through this with a Muslim sister in real life.

Hope for the best sis.

Yusuf Abdi Ali Rashid

King of Prussia
“Interfaith marriage favors women, everyone knows kids are more inclined to follow their mothers religion”, “My dogs mothers brother, had a cousin that married a christian, her kids are muslim” - A dumb feminist speaking anecdotally trying to grasp at straws.

People(somali women) on this forum and twitter have parroted the notion that children follow their mothers more closely than their fathers, but not a single shred of empirical evidence exists to support that claim, first it started with culture and language, and now the deen.

Shaykh Albanis stance on such marriages makes sense to me. Also, sister, know that one of the ways that shaytan attacks a slave of Allah, is through doubts. Doubts in rulings of Allaah. Etc.
Just be assured that your creator knows better than you or men. As many already said, the man's religion is what is seen as the religion of a particular household.

It's usually the guy in the neighbourhood who everyone knows drinks and fornicates who marries a non-muslim woman and then to no ones surprise their children end up either non-practicing or non-muslim. That why the scholars advise against it in non-muslim lands because there is a lack of a good muslim enviroment that would've prevented such a disaster.
That's why I have personally don't know or seen a seriously practicing brother marry a non-muslim woman, the closest thing is a brother marrying a recently reverted sister but reverts in general tend to be more serious about their than most muslim from muslim households.
Thanks for essentially paraphrasing my own words and calling it a response! Super helpful!

Thanks for essentially paraphrasing my own words and calling it a response! Super helpful!
I was going to put the response part right next to this paragraph and as the brother said there's no need for that weird passive aggressiveness.
However I would also like to add that you shouldn't underestimate the imaan of our sisters to believe that it is so weak that it would falter when met with responses from a misogynistic trolls* online when they're asking questions regarding our deen.

Passive aggresiveness is for cadaans just tell him to go f*ck himself
Call me CurrentlyCadaan then.
GIF by ScreamQueens

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
The guidance from scholars and consistent fatwas strongly discourage both men and women from engaging in such actions. However, in exceptional cases, if it does occur, men are generally considered permissible to do so under the assumption that the child is more likely to follow the faith of the father. In instances involving non-Muslim women, their conversion to Islam is typically required.

The prohibition for Muslim women is grounded in the understanding that women, being emotional creatures, may be more susceptible to being influenced into adopting the religious path of the man they love. This precaution is intended to safeguard the preservation of Islamic beliefs within the family structure.

It's important to note that during the appearance of Dajjal, a significant number of his followers are expected to be women. Consequently, some Muslims may take precautionary measures, such as restraining female family members, to prevent them from being swayed by Dajjal and joining his followers.

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You need to seek help ngl. "Good Christian man" when you can Cleary marry " good Muslim man".

But am guessing it is the western freedom and dayooth nature that you need from him since He is a kafir and in 2023 theirs no such thing as Christian man it is just watered down and they do whatever they want. So fear Allah and stop generalising about Muslim women have worst selection of men. You just do not want to fulfil your obligations in the Deen and follow the sunnah and way of wives of the prophet, how on earth can you do all that whilst living in household and marriage with a Kafir who will 99.99% think your extreme or nothing he is even used within his culture, if you do take that path I doubt any Muslim women will ever truly fufill her Deen to the fullest but succumb to her kafir husbands will and way of Life step by step.

Same goes for the men who marry Kafir women, infact a man is not even allowed to do that unless he is student of knowledge or scholar or sheikh, no average lay man muslim man is allowed to marry a Kafir.

we all know the kids follow their mothers faith in vast majority of interfaith marriage cases
That’s not true at all. It comes down to environment and society, inter-religious children raised in the West will end up being influenced by Western society a lot more than children who grew up in a two-parent Muslim household in the West.

In the Khaleej for example, when the father is Arab and the non-Arab mother isn’t Muslim, the kids are not only immersed in the Arab culture, language etc but are also surrounded by a very conservative Muslim society which is why most remain Muslim.

Inter-religious marriages will almost always be doomed in the West, they are only truly successful in the Muslim World.

I was going to put the response part right next to this paragraph and as the brother said there's no need for that weird passive aggressiveness.
"However I would also like to add" implies the former paragraphs were also part of the response directed to me.
:ulyin:

There are Muslim men from almost every culture in Asia & Africa…yet she wants to paint all of us as disgusting humans with terrible values.OP clearly has a problem with Islam and needs to reconcile where she stands. Either you find your faith and remain a Muslim or leave the religion altogether

You need to seek help ngl. "Good Christian man" when you can Cleary marry " good Muslim man".

But am guessing it is the western freedom and dayooth nature that you need from him since He is a kafir and in 2023 theirs no such thing as Christian man it is just watered down and they do whatever they want. So fear Allah and stop generalising about Muslim women have worst selection of men. You just do not want to fulfil your obligations in the Deen and follow the sunnah and way of wives of the prophet, how on earth can you do all that whilst living in household and marriage with a Kafir who will 99.99% think your extreme or nothing he is even used within his culture, if you do take that path I doubt any Muslim women will ever truly fufill her Deen to the fullest but succumb to her kafir husbands will and way of Life step by step.

Same goes for the men who marry Kafir women, infact a man is not even allowed to do that unless he is student of knowledge or scholar or sheikh, no average lay man muslim man is allowed to marry a Kafir.
Yes there are plenty of good Christian men around, I've met plenty and what I admire about them most is their lack of hypocrisy. You don't see them demanding virgin wives while they've been around the block, for instance. They are honestly just better vibes, from my experience.

This dayooth thing is another concept I find encourages toxic controlling men, yes I'd much rather live without that
There are Muslim men from almost every culture in Asia & Africa…yet she wants to paint all of us as disgusting humans with terrible values.OP clearly has a problem with Islam and needs to reconcile where she stands. Either you find your faith and remain a Muslim or leave the religion altogether
Nothing wrong with Islam itself, the way the men conduct themselves however... no comment. It's not really a coincidence why the top ranked worst places to be a woman in the world consistently happen to be muslim majority, bar India.

@HIBAQ123 You know, if you're so against overt religiousity in a Muslim man, then try looking for one of those secular Muslims they tend have in America/Canada. Look through the r/progressiveislam subreddit. There are plenty of "Muslims" on there who feel similarly to you. Technically your marriage could be islamically valid if neither of you have committed straight up kufr (or anything else that takes you out of the fold of Sunni Islam) and you get to live your happy life without what you see as the toxic aspects of the deen.
Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
All of you need to stop arguing with her, there's clearly something wrong with her mentally to claim to be "Muslim" and to denigrate Islam like this.

My mom is friends with a Somali woman who married a Christian man and still with him today and she's a practising Muslim, all her kids are practising Muslims too and her daughters wear the hijab aswell and their dad don't have a problem with it. Whilst I know many Muslim men that are married to non Muslims and most of the kids are not Muslims or not practising, those men have not commited any sins but the Somali woman has even though her kids are Muslims. But all in all I don't know why it's allowed for Muslim men but not Muslim women, no one can ever explain it properly.
Most westerners or christians in general aren't that religious, the husband is probably secretly Gaal or Gaal-leaning, lets be honest.

@HIBAQ123 You know, if you're so against overt religiousity in a Muslim man, then try looking for one of those secular Muslims they tend have in America/Canada. Look through the r/progressiveislam subreddit. There are plenty of "Muslims" on there who feel similarly to you. Technically your marriage could be islamically valid if neither of you have committed straight up kufr (or anything else that takes you out of the fold of Sunni Islam) and you get to live your happy life without what you see as the toxic aspects of the deen.
Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF
That sub is mostly ex-muslims that want to use ''progressive Islam'' as a tool to fool believers, their ultimate goal is to use it as a pipeline to Kufr, they use it to get close to Muslims and slowly turn them away, this is what they themselves have said.

Any ''Muslim'' on that subreddit is a Kaafir to me

That sub is mostly ex-muslims that want to use ''progressive Islam'' as a tool to fool believers, their ultimate goal is to use it as a pipeline to Kufr, they use it to get close to Muslims and slowly turn them away, this is what they themselves have said.

Any ''Muslim'' on that subreddit is a Kaafir to me
Source?

I've lurked through the r/exmuslim subreddit a couple of times and the general consensus seems to be that they actually hate the r/progressiveislam subreddit because they think with all of the crimes Islam has committed, that it cannot be reformed to fit into 21st century Western ideas of morality. That we Muslims are too evil and backwards to "become good" so the existence of progressive Muslims make it harder for them to make the case for Islam to be fully eradicated, since r/progressiveislam wants to make Islam perfectly assimilate into Western society.

They also call secular Muslims cowards who can't bring themselves to leave Islam altogether.

Trending