Why are many Somalis turning towards right-wing politics?

Somalis are very against foreign peoples and are very conservative. So it would make sense for their kids to act the same.

It only makes sense if they are back home.
Not when they are in the UK, from predominantly poor working class areas, facing a lot of the issues madows face such as gangs and knife crime, with Muslim women in their families who face intense Islamaphobia combined with racism due to their dark skin and hijab.

Clearly, they are dhiig la'aan and think that conforming to right wing ideologies that favour white supremacy will lessen the issues they face in society.

Last edited:

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
It only makes sense if they are back home.
Not when they are in the UK, from predominantly working class areas, with Muslim women in their families who face intense Islamaphobia due to their dark skin and hijab.

Clearly, they are dhiig la'aan and think that conforming to right wing ideologies that favour white supremacy will lessen the issues they face in society.
“Due to their dark skin and hijab”, what the hell does skin color have to do with islamaphobia. You guys just be saying whatever you guys want nowadays.

“Due to their dark skin and hijab”, what the hell does skin color have to do with islamaphobia. You guys just be saying whatever you guys want nowadays.

They see Somalis as black and on top of that they hate Muslims. So its double oppression at times. Should have worded it clearly.

Some somalis don’t seem to understand, that you can be against degenerancy ( LGBT) and still have liberal beliefs. Free school meals was done by liberals. Free housing was done by liberals. Free school, no fees was done by liberals. You can see a pattern here.

In my point of view liberals benefit me more than right wings. They are the ones who rise healthcare cost. They are the ones that cut school funding.

As children of immigrants, our material needs outweight our so called cultural issues. We are to get an education and a good paying job, liberals enable this.
Most people believe it not are not so accepting of LGBT. This will get stronger in the coming years. So no need to worry.

Mr Sufi

PURPLE HAZE THE PURPLE ONE HAS RETURNED
HOW CAN YOU JOIN A GROUP THAT HATES MUSLIMS AND BLACK PEOPLE PROPHET MOSES WAS BLACK

AND MOST SOMALIS HAVE A SHADE OF BROWN SKIN THE VERY THING ALT RIGHT RACIST WHITES HATE

ALSO WE ARE NOT BLACK/BANTU
WE ARE CUSHITE AFRICAN A DIFFERENT TYPE OF BLACK JUST LIKE NILOTIC BLACKS ARE NOT BANTU BLACK

THERE ARE DIFFERENT TYPES OF BLACKS JUST LIKE A SOUTHERN EUROPEAN SPANISH IS NOT THE SAME AS A NORTHERN EUROPEAN NORDIC BUT BOTH ARE WHITE

HOW CAN YOU JOIN A GROUP THAT HATES MUSLIMS AND BLACK PEOPLE PROPHET MOSES WAS BLACK

AND MOST SOMALIS HAVE A SHADE OF BROWN SKIN THE VERY THING ALT RIGHT RACIST WHITES HATE

ALSO WE ARE NOT BLACK/BANTU
WE ARE CUSHITE AFRICAN A DIFFERENT TYPE OF BLACK JUST LIKE NILOTIC BLACKS ARE NOT BANTU BLACK

THERE ARE DIFFERENT TYPES OF BLACKS JUST LIKE A SOUTHERN EUROPEAN SPANISH IS NOT THE SAME AS A NORTHERN EUROPEAN NORDIC BUT BOTH ARE WHITE
Why are writing in all caps :chrisfreshhah:

Mr Sufi

PURPLE HAZE THE PURPLE ONE HAS RETURNED
ANY SOMALI WHO JOINS RACIST WHITES HAS NEVER BEEN CALLED A BY WHITES AND HAD TO FIGHT THEM

HERE IN THE STATES WE FOUGHT THEM A LOT IN HIGHSCHOOL THE MUSLIMS THE BLACKS AND MEXICANS FORMED A GROUP TO DEFEND OURSELVES FROM THE REDNECKS THAT GOT BUSED IN FROM RURAL AREAS TO THE CITY FOR SCHOOL

SO YEAH f*ck WHITES

that doesn’t at all explain why you would become a far right-winger. Kissing up to white people who hate you even more isn’t gonna solve your problems. So foh with your bs
So am I meant to be a leftist who puts being black ahead of many other important things? No I spoke about what happens in reality unlike you who's trying to suck up to negros who hate your guts I can't hate somebody who's nation I live in or I'd be a hypocrite who might well self repatriate then I can hate all I want on them, the proof I sent clearly shows blacks hate each other & aren't a monolith. "foh with your bs" ebonics 😂. Racism is perfectly normal hence why everyone is racist.

Neither camp is good for Somalis. One side wants us out of the country and the other wants to put your sons in dresses and pump them full of estrogen. From a cultural and Islamic standpoint, our values align with the Conservatives but that doesn't necessarily make them the lesser of two evils :manny:

So am I meant to be a leftist who puts being black ahead of many other important things? No I spoke about what happens in reality unlike you who's trying to suck up to negros who hate your guts I can't hate somebody who's nation I live in or I'd be a hypocrite who might well self repatriate then I can hate all I want on them, the proof I sent clearly shows blacks hate each other & aren't a monolith. "foh with your bs" ebonics 😂. Racism is perfectly normal hence why everyone is racist.
I get where you are coming from. But you don't have to be far right, there is something called being a centrist. And you are for racism when it's not directed at you. Please go to a kkk rally or some and see what does people think of somalis

Socially I have always gotten on with right wing/racist cadaans, we can talk about work, football, share a pint. Even if they want me out of the country they see me as a human being. Lefties/liberals can’t even make eye contact let alone have a 5 minute conversation. One of my good friends is a cockney Tottenham fan, I can always rely on him if I need something, but when he’s drunk his racism comes out.

Socially I have always gotten on with right wing/racist cadaans, we can talk about work, football, share a pint. Even if they want me out of the country they see me as a human being. Lefties/liberals can’t even make eye contact let alone have a 5 minute conversation. One of my good friends is a cockney Tottenham fan, I can always rely on him if I need something, but when he’s drunk his racism comes out.

Funny that, when they were trying to pull off my hijab and tell me to go back to my country.

This is a perfect example of dhiig l'aan.