Why are many Somalis turning towards right-wing politics?

This is a genuine question, but why are there are a growing number of Somalis mainly men that are preaching right-wing rhetoric? I noticed too that they genuinely believe these things. It's very worrying and alarming. They deny violence against black people often, claim white people are facing oppression, and almost reject the real-life experiences of Somali people. So many of us Somalis including me have struggled with coming from low-income backgrounds, barely having money in our bank accounts, and mental health issues because of it. It's almost like they are telling us that we are the cause of it and why we can't just do things we have to do. It makes me super angry too cause none of us asked to be born into relative poverty. And it ignores the actual systemic issues that many minorities especially refugee families face. It's also ruining my experience on social media too cause I love my Somali people, but I can't tolerate ignorance like this. You can be against liberalism up to you, but turning towards the opposite end of it like right-wing, facist beliefs doesn't make it any better.

Politics nowadays It’s very black and white with no grey areas . I made a 🧵 on why Muslims shouldn’t get involved in the politics of the west . Black people or even ethnic groups when they don’t align themselves with the left , they align themselves with the right that are openly racist and anti immigration. There is no nuance 🤦‍♀️
For example both Malcolm x and candice Owens are conservative. Yet someone like Malcolm x doesn’t fit in either the left or right of western politics but candice Owens does bc she’s willing to align herself with cadaan racists . And quite frankly many ethnic minorities don’t like the politics of the left the only reason why they vote for them is bc of their softer stance on immigration.

western political academics long ago divided their politics into different spectrums,
you have the left, centre left and extreme left and vice versa on the right and what you call centrists.
these distinctions where mainly economic related. the problem now is their applied on all spectrums of society
hence all the confusion. one can be a social conservative but economically liberal. may be they are trying to work towards compatibilities and then proper categorization, till then dont hold to strong values about politics in
the west

Two Buttons.jpg

Why are you guys surprised. Somalis are one of the most conservative people on earth. People vote for the left because of benefits not because they believe liberal ideology.

bobsburger

I am NOT a federal agent
Somalis are very against foreign peoples and are very conservative. So it would make sense for their kids to act the same.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
Lol the left is just as racist but they really good at hiding it. The right is just straight up with you and will just tell it to your face. But the left also promotes more haram as well.

you see there has never been left or right in worldly affairs, this was just invented to replace right and
wrong and the depoliticize the moral, hence the intended chaos and confusion witnessed in the modern
world aim being the stripping of intellectual clarity

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
This is a genuine question, but why are there are a growing number of Somalis mainly men that are preaching right-wing rhetoric? I noticed too that they genuinely believe these things. It's very worrying and alarming. They deny violence against black people often, claim white people are facing oppression, and almost reject the real-life experiences of Somali people. So many of us Somalis including me have struggled with coming from low-income backgrounds, barely having money in our bank accounts, and mental health issues because of it. It's almost like they are telling us that we are the cause of it and why we can't just do things we have to do. It makes me super angry too cause none of us asked to be born into relative poverty. And it ignores the actual systemic issues that many minorities especially refugee families face. It's also ruining my experience on social media too cause I love my Somali people, but I can't tolerate ignorance like this. You can be against liberalism up to you, but turning towards the opposite end of it like right-wing, facist beliefs doesn't make it any better.
they think they’re white lol. They also believe kissing up to white right-wingers will distance them from black people. It’s a whole world of delusion and self-hate going on in their tiny brains.

They don’t even know what they’re saying, they’re parroting right-wing talking points verbatim. Exact same things too. On top of that they’re not even covertly racist like the whites. You’ll rarely ever see a white person on twitter calling black people monkeys or n*ggers. They’ll say passive aggressive things like “thugs”, “uncivilized” etc. But these s go out of their way to call any and all black people apes and jarrerrs

they think they’re white lol. They also believe kissing up to white right-wingers will distance them from black people. It’s a whole world of delusion and self-hate going on in their tiny brains.

They don’t even know what they’re saying, they’re parroting right-wing talking points verbatim. Exact same things too. On top of that they’re not even covertly racist like the whites. You’ll rarely ever see a white person on twitter calling black people monkeys or n*ggers. They’ll say passive aggressive things like “thugs”, “uncivilized” etc. But these s go out of their way to call any and all black people apes and jarrerrs
Thank you for giving an actual response. I think some of the replies to my post are confused with what I'm saying. I'm not saying liberalism is any better or that it doesn't has it flaws. As someone who was very liberal at one point I had to unlearn a lot of my beliefs because of how bad the liberal community has become now. You pretty much hit the nail on what I'm saying. I've come across some of them even siding with police officers or trying to justify violence against black minorities. It leaves me quite shocked because they are serious especially in their tone. I thought some of these people were trolling, but I am noticing these patterns. The far-right isn't any better and is another extreme on the spectrum. I've even directly heard these things of some Somalis calling people m*nkeys or that Black people are at the bottom. It's self-hate at this point.

Let's be honest this is not something they learned from whites. Bantus get treated like this or worse back home. They still call themselves j.arrerweyn similar to how AA used to be called Negro. This is not something learned from white trolls online.

We have this in our society and the sooner people realise the better instead of pawning off blame.

somalis dont identify with madoows racially only reluctantly economically. so in reality what
you are witnessing is the true colours of somali racial prejudices. for them race comes before values
and their lack of covertness is due to lack of proper education

A lot are jobless with no friends and spend a good amount of time on placed like 4chan and Reddit being indoctrinated
This is my theory. I think many of these people are dealing with trauma and the stresses of being a minority and muslim in the west. They are dealing with islamophobia, anti-blackness from other groups and that is creating some form of an identity crisis. They probably turn to right-wing media as a coping mechanism. I used to be very liberal and even resented the deen at one point cause I was dealing with trauma and thought the liberal community could "save" me. Not sure if I'm explaining this properly.

This is my theory. I think many of these people are dealing with trauma and the stresses of being a minority and muslim in the west. They are dealing with islamophobia, anti-blackness from other groups and that is creating some form of an identity crisis. They probably turn to right-wing media as a coping mechanism. I used to be very liberal and even resented the deen at one point cause I was dealing with trauma and thought the liberal community could "save" me. Not sure if I'm explaining this properly.
i get you completely the liberal can be seductively compassionate particularly, because their
biggest weapon is complete non judgmental and accepting..identifying with the far right for somalis
in the west is a form of reasserting their belief of racial superiority and low regard for the black mind

What delusion & self hate? Blacks themselves know they're not a monolith hence why they care about their respective ethnicites & why is slandering uncivilised negros bad as if they don't do the same to Somalis yet want Somalis to claim black now that's the definition of passive aggressive the sooner black means only African American the better (hence why they separate themselves with their FBA/ADOS ideology).

Attachments

• Et4q_CRXMAEwcwc.jpeg
    Et4q_CRXMAEwcwc.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Et4rVLVWQAEf5ya.jpeg
    Et4rVLVWQAEf5ya.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Et4rVLRXEAEFLTK.jpeg
    Et4rVLRXEAEFLTK.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Ep96jYNVgAIOQWu.jpeg
    Ep96jYNVgAIOQWu.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 126

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
What delusion & self hate? Blacks themselves know they're not a monolith hence why they care about their respective ethnicites & why is slandering uncivilised negros bad as if they don't do the same to Somalis yet want Somalis to claim black now that's the definition of passive aggressive the sooner black means only African American the better (hence why they separate themselves with their FBA/ADOS ideology).
that doesn’t at all explain why you would become a far right-winger. Kissing up to white people who hate you even more isn’t gonna solve your problems. So foh with your bs

Djokovic

Somali Arab
that doesn’t at all explain why you would become a far right-winger. Kissing up to white people who hate you even more isn’t gonna solve your problems. So foh with your bs
Being far right wing is very lucrative you can be there black friend so no one can say they are racist it pays really well

Trending