Who wrote the Quran?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSomali

Were set
Did you know the prophet first said he was possessed when he "got revelations" and actually tried to kill himself on multiple occasions? Why on earth would you believe this guy when he says something so implausible like he received the Quran in a cave from an angel, when he himself knew he was crazy?
He was oppose to a serious job, he was living with jahil people. He embrace his prophethood, the Nabi wasn't crazy it was that when he first recieved revalation he thought he can't do it. Same way how Moses received revelation.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
@ArchBishopofAtheism

Are you trolling or asking questions for the sake of questioning?

A large part of the answer is faith. Simple.
A lot of people are uncomfortable with the "faith" answer and try to come up with logical reasons. I think it's idiotic to believe something for absolutely no reason. If I told you that I saw a unicorn, would you believe me and have "faith"? Better yet, what if I wrote it in a book and claimed it was from god? What if you didn't know it was me who wrote the book?

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
He was oppose to a serious job, he was living with jahil people. He embrace his prophethood, the Nabi wasn't crazy it was that when he first recieved revalation he thought he can't do it. Same way how Moses received revelation.
So, how do you know he received revelation? Gabriel is giant and had wings. Did one one in the villages see this giant-winged thing turning into a man with khamiis? If you were in 7th century Arabia and someone came to you and said they met an angel in a cave, would you believe them? What reason do you have to believe them? Is that not outrageous and ridiculous? Shouldn't you laugh them out of the room?

AlphaSomali

Were set
So, how do you know he received revelation? Gabriel is giant and had wings. Did one one in the villages see this giant-winged thing turning into a man with khamiis? If you were in 7th century Arabia and someone came to you and said they met an angel in a cave, would you believe them? What reason do you have to believe them? Is that not outrageous and ridiculous? Shouldn't you laugh them out of the room?
The Prophets can only see angels, People didn't believe the Nabi, He performed miracles they said it is Sihr (Sorcery), He recited the Quran they said it is She'r(Poetry) and this was happening for 13 years in Mecca and they never fought until Badr happened. First people didn't believe until all of Pagan Arabia became Monotheist.

A lot of people are uncomfortable with the "faith" answer and try to come up with logical reasons. I think it's idiotic to believe something for absolutely no reason. If I told you that I saw a unicorn, would you believe me and have "faith"? Better yet, what if I wrote it in a book and claimed it was from god? What if you didn't know it was me who wrote the book?

Your reasoning is very shallow. There are conditions that you need to fulfill before anyone can take your words as representative of the divine. It's not as simple as the Prophet (saw) just turning up and everyone just following him. Our Prophet went through a period of severe scrutiny and oppression - he toiled and suffered to spread the Word.

Once you believe that there is a single creator, who sends His messengers periodically, it's very easy to follow the prophets message since you'll have a framework to build from. If you don't even accept the concept of a God, what is the point of questioning the validity of His messengers?

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Your reasoning is very shallow. There are conditions that you need to fulfill before anyone can take your words as representative of the divine. It's not as simple as the Prophet (saw) just turning up and everyone just following him. Our Prophet went through a period of severe scrutiny and oppression - he toiled and suffered to spread the Word.

Once you believe that there is a single creator, who sends His messengers periodically, it's very easy to follow the prophets message since you'll have a framework to build from. If you don't even accept the concept of a God, what is the point of questioning the validity of His messengers?
You have no reason to believe there's a single creator. You have no reason to believe he sends messengers periodically. The "messengers" he sent periodically should be subject to scrutiny and I guarantee you their stories boil down to faith. Moses splitting the Red Sea is not a fact. There's no reason to think it actually happened, besides "scripture" saying it did. You need to be gullible and spoonfed this stuff in order to defend it.

You have no reason to believe there's a single creator. You have no reason to believe he sends messengers periodically. The "messengers" he sent periodically should be subject to scrutiny and I guarantee you their stories boil down to faith. Moses splitting the Red Sea is not a fact. There's no reason to think it actually happened, besides "scripture" saying it did. You need to be gullible and spoonfed this stuff in order to defend it.

Again, you're putting the cart before the horse.

How can you believe 2 + 2 = 4, if you don't believe in the concept of numbers - it would just look like gibberish to you. Instead of scrutinising the miracles of past Prophets, what you need to question yourself about is the existence of a creator, and the nature of said creator.

Belief in a single all-seeing, all-knowing God is paramount. Everything else will fall into place afterwards - just like that simple math sum above.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
The Prophets can only see angels, People didn't believe the Nabi, He performed miracles they said it is Sihr (Sorcery), He recited the Quran they said it is She'r(Poetry) and this was happening for 13 years in Mecca and they never fought until Badr happened. First people didn't believe until all of Pagan Arabia became Monotheist.
Who said the prophets can only see angels? Prophets? The Quran? Can you not see how this foundation for your reasoning is already very weak? Can you not see how the claim that only prophets can see angels is not grounded in fact but rather "prophets'" claims? He performed miracles? Like what? Who said he performed miracles? Are there any independent accounts of non-Muslims witnessing miracles? That stuff spreads like wildfire and it would be in Zoroastrian and bahai records (and other local religions as well).

AlphaSomali

Were set
Who said the prophets can only see angels? Prophets? The Quran? Can you not see how this foundation for your reasoning is already very weak? Can you not see how the claim that only prophets can see angels is not grounded in fact but rather "prophets'" claims? He performed miracles? Like what? Who said he performed miracles? Are there any independent accounts of non-Muslims witnessing miracles? That stuff spreads like wildfire and it would be in Zoroastrian and bahai records (and other local religions as well).
The Prophet did perform miracles
Made a vessel of Water abundant, Moon spliting and The Greatest miracle Al Quran Kareem.
The accounts of the non muslims became either became muslim or died before coming into Islam. Out of all Humans only Prophets can see angels, by the time you die you will see the angels of death.

Ya Akh, do not separate and use evidence for yourself, and I can't use evidence. That injust debating, and also irrational.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Again, you're putting the cart before the horse.

How can you believe 2 + 2 = 4, if you don't believe in the concept of numbers - it would just look like gibberish to you. Instead of scrutinising the miracles of past Prophets, what you need to question yourself about is the existence of a creator, and the nature of said creator.

Belief in a single all-seeing, all-knowing God is paramount. Everything else will fall into place afterwards - just like that simple math sum above.
So this whole thing only works if you begin by believing in a single god? Does that make sense to you? Why do you believe in this single creator? Who described him to you? Do you know anyone that met him or saw him? Do you trust people who describe him to you? Did you arrive at this belief through logic? Did you look at the world around you and draw this conclusion that there must be ONE all-powerful god instead of many? Or does it just make you comfortable because everyone you know believes in this creator? In other words do you have a logical reason for believing in this one god? The math sum is nonsensical because you don't need to believe in numbers to know a quantity is greater than another.

AlphaSomali

Were set
So this whole thing only works if you begin by believing in a single god? Does that make sense to you? Why do you believe in this single creator? Who described him to you? Do you know anyone that met him or saw him? Do you trust people who describe him to you? Did you arrive at this belief through logic? Did you look at the world around you and draw this conclusion that there must be ONE all-powerful god instead of many? Or does it just make you comfortable because everyone you know believes in this creator? In other words do you have a logical reason for believing in this one god? The math sum is nonsensical because you don't need to believe in numbers to know a quantity is greater than another.
Allah described himself by sending his Prophet Muhammad and the other Prophets who came before.

Believing in God is more Logical than believing in nothing. We can't observe the Universe because it is longer than our life time, it is expanding and changing over time.

Infact you need to acknowledge the existence of numbers to have quantites. It is like saying I don't believe in Numbers, because it is Illogical.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
The Prophet did perform miracles
Made a vessel of Water abundant, Moon spliting and The Greatest miracle Al Quran Kareem.
The accounts of the non muslims became either became muslim or died before coming into Islam. Out of all Humans only Prophets can see angels, by the time you die you will see the angels of death.

Ya Akh, do not separate and use evidence for yourself, and I can't use evidence. That injust debating, and also irrational.
He made a vessel of water abundant? Where is this vessel today? Are there vessels like it else where? Did the prophet also make them abundant? We know too much about the moon and there's no evidence of it being split. Furthermore, civilizations fantasized and wrote folklore about the moon for millennia. You don't think any of the cultures in the world would document that? We've been documenting things for much longer than 1400 years. Is it plausible to you that no one in the world on that night saw this epic event where the moon was split in half? Or did Muhammad do it secretly? If so why was he doing a miracle in secret? Angels are only real if you believe in the Quran and bible, neither of which has any logical basis.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Allah described himself by sending his Prophet Muhammad and the other Prophets who came before.

Believing in God is more Logical than believing in nothing. We can't observe the Universe because it is longer than our life time, it is expanding and changing over time.

Infact you need to acknowledge the existence of numbers to have quantites. It is like saying I don't believe in Numbers, because it is Illogical.
If you use prophets as evidence of god, that evidence can easily be tarnished and shot. If it becomes a believability contest, those prophets and their claims don't stand to reason or logic. We know too much about those prophets. And by the way if you believe Allah gave you the ability to reason and use logic, you should use it and keep critically analyzing things until they make sense. Shouldnt the burnden of proof lie with the person making such monumental claims? God could've avoided all this confusion by coming clean.

AlphaSomali

Were set
He made a vessel of water abundant? Where is this vessel today? Are there vessels like it else where? Did the prophet also make them abundant? We know too much about the moon and there's no evidence of it being split. Furthermore, civilizations fantasized and wrote folklore about the moon for millennia. You don't think any of the cultures in the world would document that? We've been documenting things for much longer than 1400 years. Is it plausible to you that no one in the world on that night saw this epic event where the moon was split in half? Or did Muhammad do it secretly? If so why was he doing a miracle in secret? Angels are only real if you believe in the Quran and bible, neither of which has any logical basis.
It is just a Water Vessel, it was the miracle the Prophet Perform by Allah's Power.

I don't believe the crack in the Moon stuff, but The Prophet spilt the Moon by Allah's power and made it whole by Allah's power.
Only Allah knows people were sleeping, back then they slept when it became sunset. There was a weak hadith of the Indian king who seen it. What's the point of qouting it.

I told you Logic doesn't work all the time, Science some cases has to go against logic.

AlphaSomali

Were set
If you use prophets as evidence of god, that evidence can easily be tarnished and shot. If it becomes a believability contest, those prophets and their claims don't stand to reason or logic. We know too much about those prophets. And by the way if you believe Allah gave you the ability to reason and use logic, you should use it and keep critically analyzing things until they make sense. Shouldnt the burnden of proof lie with the person making such monumental claims? God could've avoided all this confusion by coming clean.
Why mention such statement. If you know these prophet too much.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Only Allah knows people were sleeping,
Can you not see how this is just too convenient for someone who did something as monumental as splitting the moon? Why did he split the moon? Was it to prove his prophethood? If so wouldn't everyone witness it? Why would he do something so big in secret?

Bishop, let me ask you a question: do you go to Islamic funerals when your relatives die? The Janazah is held in the masjid. Doesn't that go against your beliefs? I'm sure you would love to blow up every masjid, or, subxanallah, convert them into brothels. Gaalada ma naxaan.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Bishop, let me ask you a question: do you go to Islamic funerals when your relatives die? The Janazah is held in the masjid. Doesn't that go against your beliefs? I'm sure you would love to blow up every masjid, or, subxanallah, convert them into brothels. Gaalada ma naxaan.
I go there because trying to convince people of something when they're grieving is difficult and time consuming.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
And yes the brothels idea is a good one. But why did you avoid the question? Answer it. Who wrote the Quran? How do you know? If you don't and you just have "faith", are you proud of being uncritical and stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.