Who will tell bleachers the truth about what their skin looks like?

I don't want to mention names, but I believe two famous Somali males have bleached themselves, they both have this diseased look now.

They used to have beautiful, glowing dark skin, now they look like the walking dead.
I can understand that there are some people who have been raised in toxic, light-skinned obsessed families, but since when did males get infected with this sickness.

This is a serious mental disorder, because who thinks that grey, see-through skin looks better than dark skin?

:mindblown:

Last edited:
Look at this famous example, they need to be locked up in a mental health facility, because they must see something else from everyone else.

From cute to reanimated corpse:

98b3278ba77f65741bbd1e03d00da13a.jpg

sammy-sosa.jpg

Look at this famous example, they need to be locked up in a mental health facility, because they must see something else from everyone else.

From cute to reanimated corpse:

98b3278ba77f65741bbd1e03d00da13a.jpg

sammy-sosa.jpg

damn-wow.gif

That guy is horrific; I wonder if his family and friends tried to stop him from destroying himself with the bleaching he undertook.

:cosbyhmm:

View attachment 205382

That guy is horrific; I wonder if his family and friends tried to stop him from destroying himself with the bleaching he undertook.

:cosbyhmm:

He is Dominican, not sure how much you know about them, but that country aswell as other Latino countries believe in something called "Mejorar La Raza" which means "Improve the race"

'Mejorar la raza' is a common phrase used in Latin American countries, which means 'improve the race.' It implies that you should marry or have children with a whiter person so you'll have better-looking kids

But this man and his people have been enslaved and mentally abused. What excuse does a Somali man have?

Somalis were never enslaved and there is no White or Lightskinned 'Elite', Arab minorities are powerless in Somalia. All it took for them to bleach was to listen to a few people, SMH

What's scarier is that their male fans may copy them, people are already paying to turn their teeth brown.

I heard that Somalis of old used to prefer the 'Maariin' (which is medium brown/dark). It is clear that a few things happened in Somalia to change the beauty standard.
Did it start with Colonialism? Or did it start with the popularity of Bollywood in Somalia, as you all know. India has the world's worst colourism. The newer generations are also raised on Bollywood, in addition to having non-stop unsupervised access to social media apps that have lightening filters.

Lately, I have seen A LOT of images from Somalia, where people are being filtered to look lighter. Honestly, if this isn't corrected somehow, I can foresee bleaching taking a permanent hold on Somali society.

When you look at some of these Somali Music Concerts on youtube, you will be hard-pressed to find a dark skinned woman as it's clear they either bleached or are wearing makeup that is too light.

What kind of message is this sending to some impressionable people who are watching?

That light is right and that Madow is wrong?
Lightskinned= money to attend parties, darkskinned= too poor to attend?

Last edited:
I heard that Somalis of old used to prefer the 'Maariin' (which is medium brown/dark). It is clear that a few things happened in Somalia to change the beauty standard.
Did it start with Colonialism? Or did it start with the popularity of Bollywood in Somalia, as you all know. India has the world's worst colourism. The newer generations are also raised on Bollywood, in addition to having non-stop unsupervised access to social media apps that have lightening filters.

Lately, I have seen A LOT of images from Somalia, where people are being filtered to look lighter. Honestly, if this isn't corrected somehow, I can foresee bleaching taking a permanent hold on Somali society.

When you look at some of these Somali Music Concerts on youtube, you will be hard-pressed to find a dark skinned woman as it's clear they either bleached or are wearing makeup that is too light. Most Somalis are darkskinned, what kind of message is this sending to some impressionable people who are watching?

Lightskinned= money to attend parties, darkskinned= poor?

Something needs to be done about this body dysmorphia that is being promoted.
Maariin Is Redish Brown The Color Of Our Ancestor
The Prince Of Egypt Animation GIF

He is Dominican, not sure how much you know about them, but that country aswell as other Latino countries believe in something called "Mejorar La Raza" which means "Improve the race"

But this man and his people have been enslaved and mentally abused. What excuse does a Somali man have?

Somalis were never enslaved and there is no White or Lightskinned 'Elite', Arab minorities are powerless in Somalia. All it took for them to bleach was to listen to a few people, SMH

What's scarier is that their male fans may copy them, people are already paying to turn their teeth brown.

Most people are followers and this is worse in Nations like ours -- where socio-cultural governance is virtually non-existent.

I think each Nation should develop its own media environment and institute strict guidelines on what can and cannot be promoted; in addition to banning the importation of those creams, campaigns that inform people of the dangers of bleaching should be launched.

When you look at some of these Somali Music Concerts on youtube, you will be hard-pressed to find a dark skinned woman as it's clear they either bleached or are wearing makeup that is too light.

What kind of message is this sending to some impressionable people who are watching?

Lightskinned= money to attend parties, darkskinned= too poor to attend?
Hunno i don’t want to be negative but the Somali community is fragmented. Somali people even have a saying that the darkness and a dark women is stupid(something like that Lool my Somali is bad). So having a preference for a light skin women was there but was it as bad as now idk but one thing I know is that Somali people don’t like dark skin like the rest of the world. Am saying this as a dark skin women who alhamdulilah don’t have an inferiority complex but that’s how the community is. So I say go where your loved and don’t damage your skin for anyone! Because people are destroying their skin barrier!!!

Most people are followers and this is worse in Nations like ours -- where socio-cultural governance is virtually non-existent.

I think each Nation should develop its own media environment and institute strict guidelines on what can and cannot be promoted; in addition to banning the importation of those creams, campaigns that inform people of the dangers of bleaching should be launched.

I wonder what effects these toxic products have on their overall health, or worse, the health of their unborn babies. These people don't even care that they are having babies with Khat laced into their DNA. Somalia is in for a big battle to combat all these social ilnesses.

I totally agree, no country should accept media produced from another nation, unless it is corrected and checked. For instance, H&M posters in Somalia for example shouldn't have some White model.

Hunno i don’t want to be negative but the Somali community is fragmented. Somali people even have a saying that the darkness and a dark women is stupid(something like that Lool my Somali is bad). So having a preference for a light skin women was there but was it as bad as now idk but one thing I know is that Somali people don’t like dark skin like the rest of the world. Am saying this as a dark skin women who alhamdulilah don’t have an inferiority complex but that’s how the community is. So I say go where your loved and don’t damage your skin for anyone! Because people are destroying their skin barrier!!!

Excellent advice sis.

Growing up, my family never spoke about skin colour, ever, Alhamdulilah for that. But unrelated habaryars would call me 'cadeey' or act weird when I would get a tan in the summer. So, just imagine how their daughters feel if they are darkskinned?

I sympathise with people who grow up around skin colour obsessed people, because I can understand how hard it is not to succumb to peer pressure. We have all experienced it in different forms. But what's worse, is when this is pushed by the Media.

I have always been baffled by this obsession with light skin, the most stunning Somali women I have ever seen have always been darkskinned, like Yasmin Warsame Masha'Allah.

5895b3cf722364f528aaaf4f68d5bfab.jpg

Last edited:
Keep It πŸ’― None Of Our Tuulo Ladies Do This It's An Issue Like Many Others Of The Reer Magaal
:hemad::hemad::yousmart::sass2:

Unfortunately, Tuulo and Baadiyo girls have white powder makeup on during their weddings. I assume they haven't got access to too light foundation like their Reer Magaal counterparts.

The entire country is gripped by this sickness and now some males are at it and smearing diana bleach on themselves so they can look gray.

Unfortunately, Tuulo and Baadiyo girls have white powder makeup on during their weddings. I assume they haven't got access to too light foundation like their Reer Magaal counterparts.

The entire country is gripped by this sickness and now some males are at it and smearing diyaano on themselves.
Maybe Where You From None Of My Eyl Ladies Would Do Such Acts The Men Who Do This Will Never Sit At A Respected Table

Growing up, my family never spoke about skin colour, ever, Alhamdulilah for that. But unrelated habaryars would call me 'cadeey' or act weird when I would get a tan in the summer. So, just imagine how their daughters feel if they are darkskinned?

I sympathise with people who grow up around skin colour obsessed people, because I can understand how hard it is not to succumb to peer pressure. We have all experienced it in different forms. But what's worse, is when this is pushed by the Media.

I have always been baffled by this obsession with light skin, the most stunning Somali women I have ever seen have always been darkskinned, like Yasmin Warsame Masha'Allah.

5895b3cf722364f528aaaf4f68d5bfab.jpg
Me too alhamdulilah I wasn’t around skin colour obsessive people because all of my family is dark skin loool but what’s crazy is all of my cousins who are lighter have Β« wider features and coarser hair Β» compared to our family. My somaliness would sometimes be questions but theirs wouldn’t. Because for some reason they think every so lis is light skin?!? When I went back to Djibouti everyone was dark skin lmaoooo it’s wild how Somalis have made themselves believe they don’t have dark skin people back home or it’s few in between. Like you mentioned it was always random habos that would give me unsolicited comments like stop wearing black hijabs! Or stop wearing bright hijabs!! Infront of people. They always had something negative to say! However. as I got older I was called by other habos pretty for a dark skin women I think the word was Β« jiiniyad Β» but my cousin that was lighter then me would get called straight up beautiful. That would f with my mind ngl. Because I was like why don’t they just tell me am beautiful like my cousin? What’s crazier is that the people that would give me the most positive comments and call me beautiful we’re white people LOL. They would compare me to iman ahaha but as I got older I learned to love myself and my family always had my back. Besides I wouldn’t want to be with a colourist because he’s not stable mentally himself since he hates himself soo am dodging a bullet essentially 😜. I honestly don’t see it dying down and more people will lighten themselves. A hierarchy will soon be put into place me thinks but you never know

Me too alhamdulilah I wasn’t around skin colour obsessive people because all of my family is dark skin loool but what’s crazy is all of my cousins who are lighter have Β« wider features and coarser hair Β» compared to our family. My somaliness would sometimes be questions but theirs wouldn’t. Because for some reason they think every so lis is light skin?!? When I went back to Djibouti everyone was dark skin lmaoooo it’s wild how Somalis have made themselves believe they don’t have dark skin people back home or it’s few in between. Like you mentioned it was always random habos that would give me unsolicited comments like stop wearing black hijabs! Or stop wearing bright hijabs!! Infront of people. They always had something negative to say! However. as I got older I was called by other habos pretty for a dark skin women I think the word was Β« jiiniyad Β» but my cousin that was lighter then me would get called straight up beautiful. That would f with my mind ngl. Because I was like why don’t they just tell me am beautiful like my cousin? What’s crazier is that the people that would give me the most positive comments and call me beautiful we’re white people LOL. They would compare me to iman ahaha but as I got older I learned to love myself and my family always had my back. Besides I wouldn’t want to be with a colourist because he’s not stable mentally himself since he hates himself soo am dodging a bullet essentially 😜. I honestly don’t see it dying down and more people will lighten themselves. A hierarchy will soon be put into place me thinks but you never know

You're right, lighter skinned Somalis usually have curlier hair.
Btw, I always assumed that beautiful Somali girls were considered beautiful regardless of skin-tone? Now I see from your post that this is sadly not the case.
I have seen people gaslight and try to silence Somali girls who speak out about the micro-aggressions they get for being dark.

Thankfully, I don't see young bleachers in the diaspora!

You're right about colourist Somali males, I notice they are mostly dark-skinned themselves and unattractive. I think they are just angry that they are not considered physically appealing so they like to punch down on their dark skinned female counterparts. Nobody is missing out on them and their toxic mentality.

The most beautiful skin is the natural one wether you’re light skin or dark skin. Natural = beautiful.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The most beautiful skin is the natural one wether you’re light skin or dark skin. Natural = beautiful.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Exactly, natural skin is always beautiful, no matter the shade.

There are Cadaan people on the other side of the spectrum who try to look darker and they end up looking like oompa loompas.

Nowadays, you will see Cadaan women wearing makeup intended for Black women, especially for contouring and it looks like they have dirt on their faces.

TekNiKo

β€œI am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Blame Turkish/Arab/Indian Soap operas which are dubbed in Somali that is very popular amongst locals back home. Media plays a huge role in this

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
It’s β€œdoqon iyo habeen baa madow” which is β€œan idiot and night are dark” for a rough translation lmao.

That’s such a cruel saying but it’s too funny.

It’s β€œdoqon iyo habeen baa madow” which is β€œan idiot and night are dark” for a rough translation lmao.

That’s such a cruel saying but it’s too funny.

That's so cringy for an ethnic group who are mostly darkskinned. I used to be so proud of Somalis for having high self-esteem.
But lately, all these images of these bleached people is making us look weak and sick and paints a different picture altogether.

Look at that Somali song that went viral, I can count several bleachers in there, smh.

Last edited:

Trending