Who will tell bleachers the truth about what their skin looks like?

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
It’s “doqon iyo habeen baa madow” which is “an idiot and night are dark” for a rough translation lmao.

That’s such a cruel saying but it’s too funny.
Hahah darkskinned girls would respond “dh1lo iyo dharaar ba cad”

a h0e and day are white
:hemad:

Unfortunately, Tuulo and Baadiyo girls have white powder makeup on during their weddings. I assume they haven't got access to too light foundation like their Reer Magaal counterparts.

The entire country is gripped by this sickness and now some males are at it and smearing diana bleach on themselves so they can look gray.
Fob xalimos have the worst make up .

Western xalimos need to teach them how to apply make up .

Fob xalimos have the worst make up .

Western xalimos need to teach them how to apply make up .

I can see a lot of makeup and hair improvement BUT, they still don't want to use the correct foundation colours.

I think Somalia needs an interventionist government for at least 2 generations to cure this nation.

1. All the khat addicts need to be put in detox centres and have qur'aan read on them.
2. The bleachers need to be placed in self-love camps led by mental health professionals and dermatology experts.
3. We also need dental experts to tie down the fake brown teeth gang and remove the henna stains from their teeth and also fix the genuine ilkocas population.

So much work needs to be done.

It’s “doqon iyo habeen baa madow” which is “an idiot and night are dark” for a rough translation lmao.

That’s such a cruel saying but it’s too funny.
Your right Lool it is funny! The Somali language as a whole is very funny. But honestly I don’t care what those self hating Somali men have to say. But the mahmah just shows how lighter women were always preferred but post civil war just heightened it drastically. Like I said we’re fragmented and people back home are tired. I don’t blame them imagine going through trauma after trauma you will eventually lose yourself. I actually feel bad for the Somalis in Somalia. Djibouti hasn’t seen the same amount of violence but poverty made most of the djiboutians addicted to khat to numb themselves some even insult the deen. If I lived in djibouti and didn’t have a chance to go to the west I will deffo be eating khat just to numb and forget lmaooo because it’s hard in Djibouti.

You're right, lighter skinned Somalis usually have curlier hair.
Btw, I always assumed that beautiful Somali girls were considered beautiful regardless of skin-tone? Now I see from your post that this is sadly not the case.
I have seen people gaslight and try to silence Somali girls who speak out about the micro-aggressions they get for being dark.

Thankfully, I don't see young bleachers in the diaspora!

You're right about colourist Somali males, I notice they are mostly dark-skinned themselves and unattractive. I think they are just angry that they are not considered physically appealing so they like to punch down on their dark skinned female counterparts. Nobody is missing out on them and their toxic mentality.
Thats what I thought aswell Lool I thought as long as you look Somali your good but nope. My cousins look like Fatiha Absie (she can lowkey look Congolese) and their Somalinomo will never be questionned however mine would. I look like typical dark Somali with “slimmer features, timo jileec, and tall” but they would call me south Sudanese lool but am not as dark as them ( don’t get me wrong their beautiful but you see how easy for them to other me simply because am dark skin). I also have a reddish undertone. I learned early on that light skin people are preferred and that’s okay. Allah provides and I feel like some people forget about that so their comments and suggestions that I need to lighten my skin to find a guy goes from one ear to another. Also most bleacher look crazy af. I honestly can’t say that the diaspora don’t lighten themselves. I know a couple of girls that gotten 6 shades lighter. When I ask them they honestly said that being lighter is prettier. Imagine hearing that as a dark skin girl… yikes! But it is what it is loool I make sure my skin is popppping! If I didn’t wear the hijab I would be like Amara Lanegra but deen over dunya

He is Dominican, not sure how much you know about them, but that country aswell as other Latino countries believe in something called "Mejorar La Raza" which means "Improve the race"

But this man and his people have been enslaved and mentally abused. What excuse does a Somali man have?

Somalis were never enslaved and there is no White or Lightskinned 'Elite', Arab minorities are powerless in Somalia. All it took for them to bleach was to listen to a few people, SMH

What's scarier is that their male fans may copy them, people are already paying to turn their teeth brown.
The issue with somalis and Somalia is because of the lack of regulation in the country and also ignorance, people are not health conscious, they also never seek a source on what they are told.. I hear nowadays girls are eating pills that will make their faces to become puff/fat..

The issue with somalis and Somalia is because of the lack of regulation in the country and also ignorance, people are not health conscious, they also never seek a source on what they are told.. I hear nowadays girls are eating pills that will make their faces to become puff/fat..

I'm confused. Puffy faces and fatness makes women look older but the men back home seem to love it. Tbh, i'm confused about fobs beauty standards. They're ageist, but love the habayaro aesthetic of a puffy circular face and a fat body.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
I don't want to mention names, but I believe two famous Somali males have bleached themselves, they both have this diseased look now.

They used to have beautiful, glowing dark skin, now they look like the walking dead.
I can understand that there are some people who have been raised in toxic, light-skinned obsessed families, but since when did males get infected with this sickness.

This is a serious mental disorder, because who thinks that grey, see-through skin looks better than dark skin?

:mindblown:
Those men are dl. No straight men would bleach their skin.

Jungle

VIP
My cousin whilst i was in xamar got into it with his wife once and she refused to let him see his daughter. This man came back with his qori and shot at the house. Not directly into it obviously but the wifes sister somehow managed to fall and tear her shin. She was a avid overweight diana user. The doctors could not stitch the skin on her shin together cause she overdid it with the bleach on her legs/ shins. she died eventually due to complications of that wound. No real doctors in xamar aun.

Theres woman bleaching and drinking caano boro like its water in somalia yet they're the most desirable. they backwards af both the men and the women lol

I dont understand tho. Its not just somalia because everywhere sonalis are at you see theee women

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
I also worry about what it does to the foetus. Somali women back home don’t have adequate prenatal or postnatal care as it is. Also it’s not just women back home that use harmful lightening products but those in the West are using it too and I tend to have less sympathy for them.

Trending

Latest posts