The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I naively always thought it’s Abiy Ahmed but I’ve just clocked he’s only the Prime Minister and that a lady called Sahle-Work-Zewde is the President.

To my prior knowledge a President outranks a Prime Minister but how come Abyi Ahmed gets all the attention?

The west run Ethiopia through proxies.
They just want to kick China out and make their base in Djibouti useless.

Since Somalia is a weak country there is a chance that Ethiopia might experience abit of civil war till they show them who runs the show.
Abye didnt drop the Chinese as that is what the west was planning.

Till China leaves Ethiopia the drama will continue.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
I naively always thought it’s Abiy Ahmed but I’ve just clocked he’s only the Prime Minister and that a lady called Sahle-Work-Zewde is the President.

To my prior knowledge a President outranks a Prime Minister but how come Abyi Ahmed gets all the attention?

Presidency in many countries is ceremonial and that's the case in Ethiopia.

The Somali Caesar

VIP
The west run Ethiopia through proxies.
They just want to kick China out and make their base in Djibouti useless.

Since Somalia is a weak country there is a chance that Ethiopia might experience abit of civil war till they show them who runs the show.
Abye didnt drop the Chinese as that is what the west was planning.

Till China leaves Ethiopia the drama will continue.
Ok that’s really interesting so what’s the West motive in Ethiopia ? Is it just to build strategic military bases there like in Djibouti?

Also I agree Ethiopia is very fragmented do you see Ethiopia becoming another Yugoslavia where it becomes balkanized?

Thanks

The Somali Caesar

VIP
Presidency in many countries is ceremonial -and that's the case in Ethiopia.
Oh that’s informative because I see France for example and they have both a President and a Prime Minister but the only President(Macron) has the authority.

Maybe Ethiopia and other countries do it differently but thanks

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Oh that’s informative because I see France for example and they have both a President and a Prime Minister but the only President(Macron) has the authority.

Turkey was similar before the change Erdogan made. He was Prime Minister for over a decade.

Kenya is about to change the constitution soon.
So they want an executive PM and a ceremonial president.

There is the BBI workshop going on around the country to bring a referendum to change the constitution before 2022 elections.

Uhuru wants to be PM as the current constitution will not allow him to be re elected as president.

That is why his ambitious VP Ruto is facing a purge of his loyalists like Duale bitting the dust.

There is reports indicating that the Ethiopian military broke into ranks of Amharas,Tray and Oromo.

I hope the US does not side with Abye.

It will be end game.

In Ethiopia, the president holds no power its just symbolic

For hundreds of years they were puppets for the west but now they have already fallen for Chinese dept trap and soon they will be under chinas control.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Neither run it.

A group of Tigray families that run the major monopolies in Ethiopia run it through TPLF.

There is some compromise between Amharic elites but they're still the minority partners in the ruling group.

The current EPRDF is just a lobbying group that maintains their interest.

Although it's mainly Habesha that rule they've evolved past ethnic/tribal factions.

Maybe something we ought to learn from them.

Abiy is just a puppet placed there to appease the Oromo hordes. Unfortunately/fortunately they haven't been tricked.

Trending