Who has tried Fufu?

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Soor is what somalis call ugali. Ugali is a kikuyu Word that only somalis from occupied NFD use. I might try sukuma it sounds interesting, is there any meat involvedπŸ€”
I guess we adopted the kikuyu word πŸ˜… yeah you could always have meat on the side, that’s even better. Anything you want tbh

Language, culture and people.
Barwanis and Bajuun are amongst the confederation of swahilis.
Lol you're wrong sxb swahili has its roots in eastern, central Tanzania, Kenya and Zanzibar. Its a bantu language used for commercial purposes.

The barawani and bajuni speak a dialect that schoolars argue is its own language. The bantu kikuyu and nilotic luo both use Swahili even though they dont share culture and have their languages as most people in Kenya do.

Lol you're wrong sxb swahili has its roots in eastern, central Tanzania, Kenya and Zanzibar. Its a bantu language used for commercial purposes.

The barawani and bajuni speak a dialect that schoolars argue is its own language. The bantu kikuyu and nilotic luo both use Swahili even though they dont share culture and have their languages as most people in Kenya do.
So you want to re write history? You have compounded ignorance the more you keep quiet the better.

You're not refuting anything they said :kodaksmiley:

He said Swahili is a language, which it is, but he said its a group of people and culture which its not.
It is a culture and people belong to that culture, from Southern Somalia to the Comorian archipelago.

So the Masai and Somalis who speak Swahili in Kenya, are the same people and share cultureπŸ€”
That's silly, just because we speak English doesn't make us ethnic English. Swahili was just merely adopted as a national language. There's still a real Swahili people on the coast of Kenya in Lamu, Malindi, and Mombasa.

I bet Soor was brought to Somalia with the Bantu population. It appears all Niger-Congo/bantu people eat a variation of Fufu.
interesting, I should look more into their origins, probably some connection there
EDIT: @QueenofKings @PuntiteQueen It appears you were correct, ugali, soor, and fufu are all variants of the basic staple of their food. It was likely spread throughout Africa by the bantus resulting in the diversification of food items used. very interesting stuff.

Last edited:
It is a culture and people belong to that culture, from Southern Somalia to the Comorian archipelago.

That's silly, just because we speak English doesn't make us ethnic English. Swahili was just merely adopted as a national language. There's still a real Swahili people on the coast of Kenya in Lamu, Malindi, and Mombasa.
Im not arguing with your post i was disagreeing with the brother who said, that its a confederation of people that speak that language and share religion and culture, which is not true.

Trending