Who has been back home?

Have you went back home?

• Total voters

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Many people have not had a chance to go back home so I thought it would best to gauge the numbers.

Please share your most memorable experience back home.

Hopefully, we can change the minds of those who don’t want to visit the motherland.

I've never left.
Tv Land Laura GIF by YoungerTV

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've been back a few times, I've loved going home every time. The key to enjoying your time there is to not compare it to the west.

Most embarrassing/memorable story:

When I was 18, me and my 12 yo cousin (a Hargeysa resident) went for a long walk around the city. We were on top of a hill when a group of guys tried to rob us. There were 5 of them roughly my age. They had loads of stones, so fighting was off the table (plus the fact my lil cousin could've been seriously harmed).

Anyway, I gave them all I had, which was a solitary orange fruit.

This was probably as embarrassing for them as it was for me

Last edited:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
haven't been back home, very embarrassing ngl

Its expensive to head back, especially from Australia.

We should have tour companies that organises cultural tours for diaspora Somalis.

Like a two week tour that takes them through some towns, some beaches as well as visiting some nomads.

Give a basic overview to life back home.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The key to enjoying your time there is to not compare it to the west.

So true.

Generally in the first week, you get horrible culture shock as you start comparing everything to the West. Even the more basic things.

However, when you take the homeland for what it is, then you truly begin to enjoy Somalia.

I came to west at the end of 2012. I go back every second winter since I got passport.
For me it is vacation to warmer place plus a reset. The balanced daylight and nights is my favorite.

Its expensive to head back, especially from Australia.

We should have tour companies that organises cultural tours for diaspora Somalis.

Like a two week tour that takes them through some towns, some beaches as well as visiting some nomads.

Give a basic overview to life back home.
You know, this would be really cool! I've only been to Hargeysa, Berbera, and Burco. It'd be nice to see some cultural sites and the traditional way of life, not only in SL, but also in Puntland, and down south (safety permitting ofc).

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Many people have not had a chance to go back home so I thought it would best to gauge the numbers.

Please share your most memorable experience back home.

Hopefully, we can change the minds of those who don’t want to visit the motherland.

Am living for Mama Malyun videos. Walaahi she has made me fall in love with Somalia.

The Somaliland tourists too is good-- but they are not as good as Mama malyun

Yes, from the US to Ceelwaaq during summer break

The only memories I can think of was meeting my family for the first time and the HOT/ DRY ass weather. I always had a gallon water with me daily lol.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Yes, from the US to Ceelwaaq during summer break

The only memories I can think of was meeting my family for the first time and the HOT/ DRY ass weather. I always had a gallon water with me daily lol.
bottled water in Somalia is a lifeline, can’t be caught without it.

Trending

Latest posts