Where do you intend to go this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Fam I been practising talking to my parents strictly Somali and tell them to fix anything I said wrong even got myself a Somali book to learn my nigga I'm that serious. Last time I went people called me Oromo cause my Somali was so shit.

z3zrULC Wallahi they called me Oromo, Harari even a fucking Amxaar. They're savage af :damn:
Ever since @Adolf-Hitler embarrassed me, I've been practising how to write that shit. My problem is mainly writing, I can speak it very well imo.

z3zrULC Wallahi they called me Oromo, Harari even a fucking Amxaar. They're savage af :damn:
Ever since @Adolf-Hitler embarrassed me, I've been practising how to write that shit. My problem is mainly writing, I can speak it very well imo.
I stopped picking on you and Mohamud lol. It is so easy to learn sxb. Gabby is your friend.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Pretty much practice my Somali three hours a day.

Kinda got the hang of syntax. Kulaha in due time. Fam I have my list of people I'm head hunting for once the coffee shop abos certify me.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Copped a 1920s Oxford book on the language. 500 pages and every other passage is a sneak diss from cadaan people on how cluttered yet novice the language is. All they do is throw shade.

But it's a gold mine I can't lie.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
:dwill: 1920s Oxford book???

I copped a dictionary and printed out another that's over 1000 pages long. Been reading a lot of Somali news websites as well

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
:dwill: 1920s Oxford book???

I copped a dictionary and printed out another that's over 1000 pages long. Been reading a lot of Somali news websites as well

Yeah other than some obscure words I never heard before it's pretty much proper

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
:dead: I never encountered this savagery in my times in Somalia even though my Somali is disgraceful.

Maybe it was because I was throwing so much English into my Somali :cosbyhmm:

I heard K5 and Mudug Somalis are straight savages. Sharp tongue and all. :wow:

I remember during my last days in Jigjiga I was at this restaurant with my cousin.. Waiter comes over and says what you want, I'm there trying to explain to him that I don't want fat on my hilib. The waiter turns to my cousin and says " :draketf: war xabashiga muxu ku hadleyaa" :damn::damn:

That story reached everyone in the family :meleshame:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I remember during my last days in Jigjiga I was at this restaurant with my cousin.. Waiter comes over and says what you want, I'm there trying to explain to him that I don't want fat on my hilib. The waiter turns to my cousin and says " :draketf: war xabashiga muxu ku hadleyaa" :damn::damn:

That story reached everyone in the family :meleshame:

:jcoleno: thankfully I haven't reached the motherland and I refuse to till my Somali is better

Yeah... Ngl I don't think Somalis have a good grasp on "tough love". They don't quite know there's a limit and once you hit it you're more or less being counterproductive.

It's the one complaint I hear from ajnabis and that's the innate savagery. For me it's hilarious because I'm used to it, but being logical it's not exactly proper or helpful.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
@Samatarr you better brush up on that Somali or you're getting a similar treatment

@Mohamud It might have been embarrassing but I needed that wake up call. It's even more embarrassing when you see a big man speak baby level Somali :mjcry: Don't go until you're fluent in Somali

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
@Samatarr you better brush up on that Somali or you're getting a similar treatment

@Mohamud It might have been embarrassing but I needed that wake up call. It's even more embarrassing when you see a big man speak baby level Somali :mjcry: Don't go until you're fluent in Somali

Yeah I won't. I mostly wanna be fluent because I can understand every fabric of the language (even when it's spoken in a different accent) with minimal difficulty but somehow can't speak it for shit. I gotta believe the ability to switch from understanding to speaking isn't hard.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Yeah I won't. I mostly wanna be fluent because I can understand every fabric of the language (even when it's spoken in a different accent) with minimal difficulty but somehow can't speak it for shit. I gotta believe the ability to switch from understanding to speaking isn't hard.

Its not. all it takes is practice, chat to your parents, siblings and friends in Somali.. you can even practice on yourself at home and make sure you start writing as well, that was one mistake I did. I just assumed the spelling wouldn't be that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts