Where did the Jilbaab culture come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walahi this is wack, people going to war against fabric. :lol:

Who cares about a piece of "Fabric"!! Some somalis are fricking living in a eurocentric reality. You wear pants dress shirts, yet you don't fret about it, Somehow European dresscode is so normalized its not even called cultural or tradtitional. But today somali youth think that culture is who has the most jewlery around their head.

Some think Somali culture is to wear a piece of fabric then dance around like clowns on stage for the amusment of ajanabi tourists. Is it us or someone else —who defines the total expression of Somali culture; or is it a Myth we continue to internalize.

Somali culture is far more than a dance, dish or a dress. It does not exist for the pleasure of Western tourist, like a theme show at a Walt Disney exhibit. Somali culture is much more than the tangibles although culture is not static, ethos of culture is pretty much static.

From Ancient Somalia til now respect for elders has remained an unbroken cornerstone in Somali cultural systems. Marriage rites, burial rites, ancestors rites, still honor their original foundation.

Somali culture is much more than aestitics symbols, rituals and language. its our virtues/ethos in otherwords our cultural laws. If you really care about Somali culture why don't you guys promote and follow them?, it's much better than raging a campaign to turn us into touristic prostitutes.

Last edited:
Sadly I guess they have a part, but I also heard there was an Egyptain Dawah man who introduced the Jilbaab culture when he went all around Somalia so is that true?
I thought the Jilbaab was create in syria and some how infiltrate somalia after the civil war. in somalia the Niqab was emblem of Aqwan culture adopt from Egypt and the muslim brotherhood only after the 1990s did Saudi arabia become the most influential muslim country to somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending