Where did the Jilbaab culture come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
In the 1980s there was a resurgence in more orthodox Islam. Coinciding with the Islamic Revolution in Iran, Wahhabis in Saudi Arabia, and Mujahedin in Afghanistan. In that period the USA started funding radical groups to combat the 'Godless Communists'. These groups promoted more stringent forms of Islam all over the world and it still has a lasting effect.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Now that is the shit I can't stand. When men start talking about what women should wear. What are you? You have no right to say what women should wear. I might not be a jibaabist but I will not deny something allah subhana watacala mentioned on his quran.

You're right. Tell that to Somalis please that if a girl wants to wear jeans and a top and hijabless it's her prerogative.

You always see Pakistani women wearing Salwar kameez so why can't we do the same? I know that Somali women want Sutrah to cover the 'Awra' parts, so why don't you upgrade the Diracs and Guntiinos to be more Islamic friendly? At the end of the day you get to proudly hold up your culture, and the same time have some Sutrah.

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
You always see Pakistani women wearing Salwar kameez so why can't we do the same? I know that Somali women want Sutrah to cover the 'Awra' parts, so why don't you upgrade the Diracs and Guntiinos to be more Islamic friendly? At the end of the day you get to proudly hold up your culture, and the same time have some Sutrah.
Sufis like you are a sellout to the religion.I don't why you are even considered Ahl Sunnah.All you do is commit shirk,make bid3a, and cause nothing but fasaad.Leave the Jilbab alone!

angrycat

not so sad after all
Sheesh how about you stop worrying about what these women wear and focus on yourselves. Aint no one expecting men to walk around in white sheets because that's traditional clothing for men, so stop trying to restrict somali clothing to one particular clothing from the past. The jilbab is somali clothing too

#getoverthepastwillya

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
Loooool I heard these jilbab faqash tings are the freakiest es in bed although they can't feel anything due to being cut up down there lmfao

I don't wear the jilbab but some of you don't know what ur talking about. Most women wear the jilbab by choice, and the guntino n dirac is for the husband/mahrams at home. Not for the whole world. Women do beautify themselves at home, just because you don't see them flashing their skin doesn't mean that they don't wear revealing clothes at home.

Waranle

Top Mali in the 6ix
I don't wear the jilbab but some of you don't know what ur talking about. Most women wear the jilbab by choice, and the guntino n dirac is for the husband/mahrams at home. Not for the whole world. Women do beautify themselves at home, just because you don't see them flashing their skin doesn't mean that they don't wear revealing clothes at home.
The dirtiest and kinkiest females wear Jilbab

1. It is not a culture...it is a direct commandment by God found in the Quran.
2. Why do you think it is terrible when women all over the world proudly and voluntarily wear the hijab?
3. As for the transformation..that just means more people have found God and now know knowledge they did not know before. The world as a whole transformed (concerning women's dressing) from modesty to nudity. A 1000 years ago Christian, jews, and Muslims all wore the Hijab and the former two gradually transformed their way of dressing into what you see today. So if anything you should be questioning why women of all faiths went from modesty to nudity except the muslim women.

Viceprez you should be careful to cast judgement on things that other people choose do freely.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
1. It is not a culture...it is a direct commandment by God found in the Quran.
2. Why do you think it is terrible when women all over the world proudly and voluntarily wear the hijab?
3. As for the transformation..that just means more people have found God and now know knowledge they did not know before. The world as a whole transformed (concerning women's dressing) from modesty to nudity. A 1000 years ago Christian, jews, and Muslims all wore the Hijab and the former two gradually transformed their way of dressing into what you see today. So if anything you should be questioning why women of all faiths went from modesty to nudity except the muslim women.

Viceprez you should be careful to cast judgement on things that other people choose do freely.

I will when Somalis stop casting judgements on Somali women who are hijabless and wear jeans freely..

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
Collapse of the gov't and religious extremists took over, better safe than sorry.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
@the picture, is that near the Salafi mosque off Uxbridge road?

Where was the outrage when wearing jeans/trousers was a trend among Somali women in Mogadishu? :kobeok:

angrycat

not so sad after all
@the picture, is that near the Salafi mosque off Uxbridge road?

Where was the outrage when wearing jeans/trousers was a trend among Somali women in Mogadishu? :kobeok:
It's not wrong to follow foreign cultures when that foreign culture is the west:kanyeshrug::ftw9nwa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending