Where did the Jilbaab culture come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the days Somali women were all about Diracs and Guntiinos, so how exactly did the phenomenon of Jilbaab start and who's the first to trigger it?

Before
2d6pfs9.jpg

After
345d7b97cbb6ebdf754405389e9d6406.jpg

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
These niggas been tryna pull this shit since the 70s when these Saudi trained niggas came to the country and was incitin niggas to rebell against the government.

My nikka MSB executed them for treason and keep that shit at bay until 91 when the government fell and surprise surprise we got our own terrorists al itixaad within a few weeks.

Niggas was usin Saudi money and passin out food with the caveat that you gotta become a Saudi clone. Fast forward today and every islaan rockin a tent claimin da civil war was a blessing cuz we got more religious even though we committing daily atrocities against each other

You used a picture of Somali girls out in the west. Realistically speaking how many will rock a
Guntiino or a Dirac on a Tuesday morning :ohreally:

I once saw like twenty girls wearing Guntiino's and first time in my life I struggled to pick the hot one out
no lie they all looked beautiful. Obviously they were heading to a special event at the local community centre.

Q

Queen Carawelo

I know I will get a lot of flack for this but I must say this.

I really despise that big jilbaab. Most Somali women are out of shape because of it, most of them don't wear it for religious purpose! They can't do daily work. They're restricted to limited activity. It makes them look how should I say this sloppy.

What's wrong with wearing dresses, skirts and head scarfs? It doesn't have to be form fitting. I know a lot of religious non Somali women who even wear gloves but they wear stylish clothes. Dare I say they're more stylish than most non religious women. They're put together.

Let's say NO to that 5 meter clothing that the Somali women are dragging!

I know I will get a lot of flack for this but I must say this.

I really despise that big jilbaab. Most Somali women are out of shape because of it, most of them don't wear it for religious purpose! They can't do daily work. They're restricted to limited activity. It makes them look how should I say this sloppy.

What's wrong with wearing dresses, skirts and head scarfs? It doesn't have to be form fitting. I know a lot of religious non Somali women who even wear gloves but they wear stylish clothes. Dare I say they're more stylish than most non religious women. They're put together.

Let's say NO to that 5 meter clothing that the Somali women are dragging!
Most of them with big ass hijab and indho shareer are depressed just saying from my experience

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Somali women can wear whatever they so choose. Leave jilbabis alone.

Nacaala, you never see people nitpicking the clothing changes in somali men. We have much more serious problems then clothing.

As for guntino, somali clothing choices changes with the time. We're more like the west in that way. Most somali girls wouldn't want to wear guntino on a daily basis, even my mom barely wore it.

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Jilbab's been around since the 70s amongst Somali woman. Either way, who cares? Were Somalis wearing Sulaal back then? I think not until the Italian came. People wear Jeans, straighten hairs and do various things that differ from the past. It's proper Islamic clothing too. And looks quiet comfortable.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Terrible outfits.

Look at pics of Somaia in 1986 and compare it to 2016. The transformation is shocking. And unfortunately I don't see it changing back any time soon.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
Now that is the shit I can't stand. When men start talking about what women should wear. What are you? You have no right to say what women should wear. I might not be a jibaabist but I will not deny something allah subhana watacala mentioned on his quran.

Now that is the shit I can't stand. When men start talking about what women should wear. What are you? You have no right to say what women should wear. I might not be a jibaabist but I will not deny something allah subhana watacala mentioned on his quran.
so why do they cover the cover the face Allah didn't mentioned it in the Quran

Status
Not open for further replies.