Where Did It Go Wrong For Somalis?

Over the last two decades, we have been migrating to the West, but what have we truly accomplished? It seems the only fields we excel in are the drug business and exploiting the government. Our young men are out every night, engaged in selling and killing, while our young women are wasting away on TikTok, twerking. It makes me concerned about the future, for at this rate, I will never be able to feel proud of my Somali heritage.

Somali hooyos are the #1 problem because they are kicking the father out the house for welfare checks. Then the children have no father to discipline them and be a father figure, then the children grow up to be wronguns.

Exactly the same problem as the Black Community.

Over the last two decades, we have been migrating to the West, but what have we truly accomplished? It seems the only fields we excel in are the drug business and exploiting the government. Our young men are out every night, engaged in selling and killing, while our young women are wasting away on TikTok, twerking. It makes me concerned about the future, for at this rate, I will never be able to feel proud of my Somali heritage.
jeez louise we are not that bad!! Relax
Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

Yusuf Abdi Ali Rashid

King of Prussia
can you point me into the direction of these twerking videos? i would like to report them as soon as possible.

Somali hooyos are the #1 problem because they are kicking the father out the house for welfare checks. Then the children have no father to discipline them and be a father figure, then the children grow up to be wronguns.

The Dads are responsible for being useless, welfare checks are not that much specially nowadays 🙄 no woman will kick their husband because of stupid welfare check that won't do anything for them. But when you have dads eating qat 24/7 collecting the taxi money so he could marry younger women back home then hooyos have no choice but to kick the useless dad.

FYI I have great dad and husband so I am not speaking for myself but I work with somali community and I see the struggles that mothers and children go through.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP

Did this nigga actually type this nonsense out? Hoyos are to blame? Dads being kicked out? For welfare?! Are you high on Hallucinogens?

We Wuz AFRICAN AMERICANUZ

:noneck:

Yaraye

VIP

you sound like a madow man incel :dead:

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
Idk what your talking about in uk there are heaps of Somali students part taking in Tuition(extra curriculum learning). I even enrolled in one back in the day there was at least 200 students.

There is a spilt in the Somali community we need to fix up that split so no more youngsters fall into the pit of ciyaal suuqnimo

I always advocate this when I see posts like this, but you my friend need to get off Tik Tok, your world view is warped by 15sec videos of people doing the most to get clicks.

Here's a list on why you should stop using it:
  1. Distraction: TikTok can be a major distraction and can take up a significant amount of time, which can be detrimental to productivity and overall well-being.
  2. Addiction: The app's addictive nature can make it difficult to put down and can lead to spending excessive amounts of time scrolling through videos.
  3. Inappropriate content: TikTok has been criticized for allowing inappropriate content on its platform, such as sexually suggestive content and content promoting harmful activities.
  4. Privacy concerns: There have been concerns about TikTok's handling of user data and potential risks to users' privacy.
  5. Music licensing: TikTok has faced issues with music licensing and has been accused of not properly compensating artists for the use of their music on the platform.
  6. Islamic compatibility: Some people may find that TikTok's content does not align with Islamic values and beliefs, and therefore choose to avoid the platform.
  7. Gender wars: TikTok has been criticized for perpetuating gender stereotypes and for promoting divisive attitudes towards gender.
  8. Drama: The app is often fueled by drama and controversy, which can be exhausting and emotionally draining for users.
  9. Misleading information: Some TikTok users may present themselves as "shieks" or experts on Islamic matters, but their advice may not be accurate or in line with traditional Islamic teachings.
  10. Short attention span: TikTok's format of short, snappy videos can encourage a short attention span and a lack of focus.
  11. Cyberbullying: TikTok, like other social media platforms, has been criticized for facilitating cyberbullying and harassment.
  12. Lack of substance: Some people may find that TikTok lacks substance and does not provide meaningful content.
  13. Negative influence: TikTok can be a negative influence on mental health and self-esteem, as it promotes unrealistic beauty standards and can make users feel inadequate.
  14. Time-consuming: The amount of time required to create and edit TikTok videos can be time-consuming and may not be worth the effort for some people.
  15. Inauthenticity: Some people may find that the content on TikTok can be inauthentic and that users may present a false version of themselves for the sake of gaining followers.
  16. Poor quality: TikTok videos are often of poor quality and may not be visually appealing or enjoyable to watch.
  17. Shallow content: Some people may find that the content on TikTok is shallow and lacks depth or substance.
  18. Privacy risks: TikTok's data collection practices may put users at risk of identity theft or other privacy-related issues.
  19. Addiction risks: The addictive nature of TikTok can lead to problems such as procrastination, lack of productivity, and decreased social interaction.
  20. Positivity is not viral: While there are some positive and uplifting videos on TikTok, the platform tends to favor drama, controversy, and negativity, which can be draining for users.
The last point pretty much dismantles your entire argument. Like I said, positivity isn't "viral FYP material." You're not going to see a Halimo taking care of her younger siblings, but you're ever more likely to see a group of sisters doing something outrageous. It's the same reason why you rarely see a Farah reciting Quran and instead opting to post a thirst vid wit low-quality lip-syncing video to Lil Durk. It gets more hits, boosts their fragile egos, and gives them a dopamine rush. Eventually, their content will get boring, and they'll move on to the next trend. It's like the app's shelf life for a creator is no more than a month. What a crappy app! Don't even get me started on the Islamic rulings on apps like these.

The welfare system destroys the family unit, making the women not depends on her man. Makes it easy for her to throw him out. That's a big problem but the biggest is the odayaal sitting in the café doing nothing but wasting time on politics.

I always advocate this when I see posts like this, but you my friend need to get off Tik Tok, your world view is warped by 15sec videos of people doing the most to get clicks.

Here's a list on why you should stop using it:
  1. Distraction: TikTok can be a major distraction and can take up a significant amount of time, which can be detrimental to productivity and overall well-being.
  2. Addiction: The app's addictive nature can make it difficult to put down and can lead to spending excessive amounts of time scrolling through videos.
  3. Inappropriate content: TikTok has been criticized for allowing inappropriate content on its platform, such as sexually suggestive content and content promoting harmful activities.
  4. Privacy concerns: There have been concerns about TikTok's handling of user data and potential risks to users' privacy.
  5. Music licensing: TikTok has faced issues with music licensing and has been accused of not properly compensating artists for the use of their music on the platform.
  6. Islamic compatibility: Some people may find that TikTok's content does not align with Islamic values and beliefs, and therefore choose to avoid the platform.
  7. Gender wars: TikTok has been criticized for perpetuating gender stereotypes and for promoting divisive attitudes towards gender.
  8. Drama: The app is often fueled by drama and controversy, which can be exhausting and emotionally draining for users.
  9. Misleading information: Some TikTok users may present themselves as "shieks" or experts on Islamic matters, but their advice may not be accurate or in line with traditional Islamic teachings.
  10. Short attention span: TikTok's format of short, snappy videos can encourage a short attention span and a lack of focus.
  11. Cyberbullying: TikTok, like other social media platforms, has been criticized for facilitating cyberbullying and harassment.
  12. Lack of substance: Some people may find that TikTok lacks substance and does not provide meaningful content.
  13. Negative influence: TikTok can be a negative influence on mental health and self-esteem, as it promotes unrealistic beauty standards and can make users feel inadequate.
  14. Time-consuming: The amount of time required to create and edit TikTok videos can be time-consuming and may not be worth the effort for some people.
  15. Inauthenticity: Some people may find that the content on TikTok can be inauthentic and that users may present a false version of themselves for the sake of gaining followers.
  16. Poor quality: TikTok videos are often of poor quality and may not be visually appealing or enjoyable to watch.
  17. Shallow content: Some people may find that the content on TikTok is shallow and lacks depth or substance.
  18. Privacy risks: TikTok's data collection practices may put users at risk of identity theft or other privacy-related issues.
  19. Addiction risks: The addictive nature of TikTok can lead to problems such as procrastination, lack of productivity, and decreased social interaction.
  20. Positivity is not viral: While there are some positive and uplifting videos on TikTok, the platform tends to favor drama, controversy, and negativity, which can be draining for users.
The last point pretty much dismantles your entire argument. Like I said, positivity isn't "viral FYP material." You're not going to see a Halimo taking care of her younger siblings, but you're ever more likely to see a group of sisters doing something outrageous. It's the same reason why you rarely see a Farah reciting Quran and instead opting to post a thirst vid wit low-quality lip-syncing video to Lil Durk. It gets more hits, boosts their fragile egos, and gives them a dopamine rush. Eventually, their content will get boring, and they'll move on to the next trend. It's like the app's shelf life for a creator is no more than a month. What a crappy app! Don't even get me started on the Islamic rulings on apps like these.
I do not have tiktok installed anymore, but that does not change the reality . Many somalis even back home are worried about the lack of haya in the tiktok video that are being produced by somali boys and girls.

Trending