Where Did It Go Wrong For Somalis?

Idk what your talking about in uk there are heaps of Somali students part taking in Tuition(extra curriculum learning). I even enrolled in one back in the day there was at least 200 students.

There is a spilt in the Somali community we need to fix up that split so no more youngsters fall into the pit of ciyaal suuqnimo
I'm not denying some are studying but there far too many who have gone the wrong path.

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
Somali hooyos are the #1 problem because they are kicking the father out the house for welfare checks. Then the children have no father to discipline them and be a father figure, then the children grow up to be wronguns.

Exactly the same problem as the Black Community.
U have to be a troll stfu.

I think Somalis who live in toxic environments and who come from dysfunctional families need to stop speaking for all Somalis.

Somalis are flooding universities in the UK and and young Somali professionals are very visible across the health industry, teaching, science jobs and other sectors. In fact, Somali student associations at UK universities are one of the largest African student bodies.

My local pharmacy is owned by young Somalis, we have Somali GPs at my local surgery and several Somali teachers at our local secondary school. I hear the same from family members in America. Especially in the tech industry.

Just look up Somali professionals on LinkedIn and there are so many young talent MashAllah.

Even amongst my family and friend circle, home ownership is up. Won't be surprised if there is a considerable Somali middle class in the UK in the coming years.

So, if you are surrounded by jobless miscreants, move instead of projecting that qasaro onto the rest of us.

I think Somalis who live in toxic environments and who come from dysfunctional families need to stop speaking for all Somalis.

Somalis are flooding universities in the UK and and young Somali professionals are very visible across the health industry, teaching, science jobs and other sectors. In fact, Somali student associations at UK universities are one of the largest African student bodies.

My local pharmacy is owned by young Somalis, we have Somali GPs at my local surgery and several Somali teachers at our local secondary school. I hear the same from family members in America. Especially in the tech industry.

Just look up Somali professionals on LinkedIn and there are so many young talent MashAllah.

Even amongst my family and friend circle, home ownership is up. Won't be surprised if there is a considerable Somali middle class in the UK in the coming years.

So, if you are surrounded by jobless miscreants, move instead of projecting that qasaro onto the rest of us.
Anecdotes are meaningless. The statistical reality is that Somalis rank amongst the bottom of all diaspora communities when it comes to matters of income and education in the West and are around 90 of 96 in the US. There are issues that need to be addressed. Lebanon is also a failed state but the average Lebanese American makes six figures.

Anecdotes are meaningless. The statistical reality is that Somalis rank amongst the bottom of all diaspora communities when it comes to matters of income and education in the West and are around 90 of 96 in the US. There are issues that need to be addressed. Lebanon is also a failed state but the average Lebanese American makes six figures.

First generation Somalis who were mainly refugees can't be compared to older, merit based immigrant communities where only the skilled are allowed to immigrate.

Recent stats including those carried out by some of the largest local education authorities in London has seen Somali children outperforming other communities and being amongst the most improved.

20230316_121638.jpg

My point is very clear. More second generation Somalis are getting into higher paid professions compared to their parents and Somalis have by and large realised that education is the key. This will be reflected in future censuses.

Somali hooyos are the #1 problem because they are kicking the father out the house for welfare checks. Then the children have no father to discipline them and be a father figure, then the children grow up to be wronguns.

Exactly the same problem as the Black Community.

No wonder you have been giving me qashins lately this take explains it all ohhh.png

That's 5-10% you're a privileged somali. Go outside of your little bubble and open your eyes.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Over the last two decades, we have been migrating to the West, but what have we truly accomplished? It seems the only fields we excel in are the drug business and exploiting the government. Our young men are out every night, engaged in selling and killing, while our young women are wasting away on TikTok, twerking. It makes me concerned about the future, for at this rate, I will never be able to feel proud of my Somali heritage.

Why r u Jirjiroole?

First generation Somalis who were mainly refugees can't be compared to older, merit based immigrant communities where only the skilled are allowed to immigrate.

Recent stats including those carried out by some of the largest local education authorities in London has seen Somali children outperforming other communities and being amongst the most improved.

View attachment 260427

My point is very clear. More second generation Somalis are getting into higher paid professions compared to their parents and Somalis have by and large realised that education is the key. This will be reflected in future censuses.

Valid point. Thanks for backing up your stance with evidence. However, I'd like to see some data on Somalis in other western countries such as France or America.

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier

People who say that Somali people in the UK are a shambles and overly criminal etc tend to be pessimists or have an agenda but to say “flooding universities” is an overstatement. Africans in general in the UK only seem to be flooding the shit-tier party universities that accept UCAS tariff points. They end up wasting 27 grand to piss about for 3 years and end up in the same position as they were when they were 18. In fact, it would be beneficial to tell some people to stop going to uni and tell them to go into degree apprenticeships or other work based schemes.

From my observation, Somalis (and many other ethnic groups including my own) fit into two groups.

Group 1: Poor schooling/education. Either leech of the welfare state, end up doing menial labour or crime. Never end up leaving their original communities or class. Those who go to shit tier universities drip back into this group.

Group 2: Good education. Almost exclusively born in the UK or immigrated early so they found integration easier. Go onto progress into 6th Form rather than college. End up with a degree from a respectable university. Go into skilled work and hover in the middle class.

There is almost no in between. Somalis are definitely better off than Carribeans but probably still lag behind more established immigrant communities such as Nigerians and Ghanaians. The cause?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Over the last two decades, we have been migrating to the West, but what have we truly accomplished? It seems the only fields we excel in are the drug business and exploiting the government. Our young men are out every night, engaged in selling and killing, while our young women are wasting away on TikTok, twerking. It makes me concerned about the future, for at this rate, I will never be able to feel proud of my Somali heritage.
Whats wrong with somalis is easy. Its you. You have no data on any of the above or credible sources but the ineptitude to ask what is wrong. Its you my friend.

what do you think?

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Speak for yourself gen z got a good head on their shoulders Mashallah

Most of Gen Z are bums. Go to Somali Week events and outside of your environment and you'll see a more realistic reflection. You have don't have an accurate depiction because you just see the ones in your university (small minority). They are no where near the norm and half of them drop out in their first or second year and many act ghetto. There's like 5 Somali nerds at York from what I've been told and the rest who are only there solely to look for snow bunnies

The problem is people like you thinking everything is alright when it's not.
And how would you know its not. Are you personally surveying every somali household in the west. No you saw a few people on tiktok, one or two drug dealers maybe. Thats not evidence of anything other then maybe your own bigotry.

too many kids, too little income, not attentive enough towards grades, fatherless homes, reliance on welfare
somali parents need to adopt tiger parenting methods- school, tuition, enriching extracurriculars, dugsi. nothing more or less
there's also widespread apathy amongst somalis, no realistic life goals or the desire to work hard

Trending