When her breath smells of skittle, her saliva tastes

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
@Sophisticate if you don't mind me asking, how did you get so good at writing? Do you write for work/school so on a day-to-day basis? How often do you read? how many books have you read? and what kind of books do you read?
Those are a lot of questions. I think I'm caadi as a writer. I've just been in school longer than most and I enjoy reading (mostly non-fiction) from various genres.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
could you rate mine :yacadiim:
I would not want to make an imprecise evaluation due to the lack of information and writing samples. Therefore, an assessment would be premature. When writing, you must keep your audience in mind and avoid lulling them to sleep or drowning them in pretense through your verbosity. In other words, refrain from using ten-dollar words too often. Never assume your audience has prior knowledge about a particular topic; even if they are experts in the field, certain technical terms may not be transferable across sub-disciplines. As for creative writing that is a different kettle of fish.

I would not want to make an imprecise evaluation due to the lack of information and writing samples. Therefore, an assessment would be premature. When writing, you must keep your audience in mind and avoid lulling them to sleep or drowning them in pretense through your verbosity. In other words, refrain from using ten-dollar words too often. Never assume your audience has prior knowledge about a particular topic; even if they are experts in the field, certain technical terms may not be transferable across sub-disciplines.
Is daji yariisey, I haven't sent you the story yet. All I wanted was a yes or no.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
uhm okay???

weird
It's not weird. We simply aren't the same. I don't like providing an assessment with limited information. I need a lot of source material before I make any claims. So you get no answer. Have a nice day! :)

It's not weird. We simply aren't the same. I don't like providing an assessment with limited information. I need a lot of source material before I make any claims. So you get no answer. Have a nice day! :)
I told you I'm going to send it huuno don't worry I'll tag you in the thread when the time comes, hopefully by tomorrow.
Right now I was just seeking an answer if you were interested in evaluating my work instead of me asking you out of the blue after I had posted it.

Those are a lot of questions. I think I'm caadi as a writer. I've just been in school longer than most and I enjoy reading (mostly non-fiction) from various genres.
You’re like me. I loath reading fiction. Most of the fiction books at my school library were about sci-fi, detectives investigating murders and mediocre teenage love stories. I would rather read JFK’s autobiography