What's your Love Language?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 20.18.58.png

The low score on acts of services is surprising (thought receiving gifts would come in last), interestingly enough it probably is my primary way of showing affection or tied with/ second to quality time.
Maybe I got the angle of the questions/options wrong, ngl the examples for acts of services felt a bit intrusive and not like something I would expect/ask for (perhaps it was more about an appreciation for being treated by your partner). It could also be the case that when it comes to acts of service I'm the equivalent to people who feel uneasy about receiving gifts themselves but gift other people freely and without a second thought.
Physical touch coming in third is no surprise, always gave precedent to the option geared towards quality time which would include some form of physical touch in my opinion. Interesting results all around :obama:

That's cool. You know I expected a lot of the the primary languages to be acts of service. For some reason physical touch was higher up on people's lists than anticipated.

What was your key take away from the book I'm curious?

I noticed that as well. And the alternative question sometimes didn't seem like the best fit. So, I see physical touch and words of affirmation are your love languages.

It was very insightful. However, there was not much written about how to properly communicate what your love language is so your significant other doesn't have to play a guessing game, and so that you don't become overly focused on your own needs vs. those of your partner. I would have liked it even more if the author addressed how to request love via your love language.

I finally got around to reading this book - the 5 love languages. Anyway the premise of the book is that that people don't give and receive love in the same way. So, you might not share the same love language with a significant other/ someone you like.

Of the 5 love languages:
  1. Words of Affirmation - You like hearing encouraging words and genuine compliments.
  2. Gift Giving - Gifts are an indication of appreciation and effort and valued above all else.
  3. Acts of Service - Performing tasks like errands/obligations as demonstrative of true appreciation (i.e. paying bills, household chores etc.)
  4. Physical Touch - The need for physical touch or close proximity to someone is highly valued among this type of person.
  5. Quality Time - Valuing full and undivided attention.

I took the test and scored:
View attachment 123416

YOUR PRIMARY LOVE LANGUAGE IS: Words of Affirmation
Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, "I love you," are important— hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten. You thrive on hearing kind and encouraging words that build you up.
:deadrose::dead::deadmanny::dead1:

:mjlol: Shukaansi never worked on me though. I want to know the meaning of this!

Please take the quiz and share your results.

There is a quiz for:

Singles (18+):

Couples (i..e married):

Teens (for you high schoolers):
My love language is words of affirmation, that's why it hurts so much when you won't let my reaffirm my pure jeceel for you :mjcry:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
View attachment 123755
The low score on acts of services is surprising (thought receiving gifts would come in last), interestingly enough it probably is my primary way of showing affection or tied with/ second to quality time.
Maybe I got the angle of the questions/options wrong, ngl the examples for acts of services felt a bit intrusive and not like something I would expect/ask for (perhaps it was more about an appreciation for being treated by your partner). It could also be the case that when it comes to acts of service I'm the equivalent to people who feel uneasy about receiving gifts themselves but gift other people freely and without a second thought.
Physical touch coming in third is no surprise, always gave precedent to the option geared towards quality time which would include some form of physical touch in my opinion. Interesting results all around :obama:

Your number one is quality time followed by words of affirmation.

William, what is it about gifts that makes you feel uncomfortable? Do you feel guilty for receiving? I'm just genuinely curious. I get that you might get some enjoyment from gift giving. It's actually enjoyable specifically picking something that's imbued with a message or has a story attached to it that would resonate wit the recipient. I'm fond of giving customized presents that don't necessarily require selling the family farm but they mean something. I just wonder if there's a backstory you have about gift giving.

It was very insightful. However, there was not much written about how to properly communicate what your love language is so your significant other doesn't have to play a guessing game, and so that you don't become overly focused on your own needs vs. those of your partner. I would have liked it even more if the author addressed how to request love via your love language.

Come to think of it. You're right I don't think he covered how to effectively speak the love language of someone else and get on the same page in depth.

My love language is words of affirmation, that's why it hurts so much when you won't let my reaffirm my pure jeceel for you :mjcry:

:axvmm9o: What were your other results? I can only assume physical touch was number two. It's the case with most male respondents. I don't rebuff your overtures. I shyly retreat as it's a force of habit. Cheer up, you're a lovable boy. *Pats head*

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yh I like the one on one chats you know, until their ugly friend comes running in to ruin the vibes.

Consider her an angel in disguise. The other friend is like the wali she's keeping you away from being up to no good.

:ufdup: If I have a son Insh'Allah I expect the girls and habos to call my line at Haram Stoppers.

Acts of service. Imma need a simp iyo slave rolled into one basically :drakelaugh:
Any volunteers?

:dead1: A wholesome Bashir next door is what you need. An innocent and obedient gent that gainfully employed/self-employed and compatible.

Cancels my Amazon shipment to you of Immune boosting supplements. Sorry, boo, boo. Its not me it’s you.

Kidding. So, you like people doing things for you and physical displays of affection. Duly noted.
Way ahead of you, got some curcumin, elderberry syrup and ashwagandha on the way.
Not so much the doing part, but the thought and the care that goes into it. Having someone lighten the load without having to ask them is :banderas::banderas:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Happy_

Laa ta aamin nin wa law kaana ninkaaga- bom!
I totally concur!!!!

Sis, I wonder if we can change our love languages over time and with experience or do they remain static in our preferences.

I also find it funny how some were knocking words of affirmation when there are different dialects within it.

(1) Kind words - the manner in which we address each other through tone (not merely through words alone). They say you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. The aim should be to seek to understand and forgive.
(2) Encouraging words - being able to empathetically put yourself in another's shoes. Or in
offering words of support for an area of interest that someone might wish to cultivate.
It modify actions but it can embolden one to act.
(3) Humble words - Not attempting to get someone to kowtow through demands or ultimatums but merely gently requesting them to do so.

I recommend the book.

Good question, I feel like with time it can change. But your primary love language will stay the same, I‘d say. There‘s always room for improvement.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Way ahead of you, got some curcumin, elderberry syrup and ashwagandha on the way.
Not so much the doing part, but the thought and the care that goes into it. Having someone lighten the load without having to ask them is :banderas::banderas:

:kanyehmm: You seem conversant in the language of herbs and adaptogens. Could have an acute knowledge.
:damsel:Caring, considerate and could be clairvoyant. Guilty as charged.

Good question, I feel like with time it can change. But your primary love language will stay the same, I‘d say. There‘s always room for improvement.

That makes sense.

Trending

Latest posts