What's your IQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
There is a difference between IQ and Creativity. IQ is just spotting different shapes, adding things back together that are missing, spotting patterns. Give them a real world problem and real world solution, you will find 99% of people struggling. That's why CEO-Presidents-Military Leaders-ETC are probably not 'high iq' but 'creative' they can turn a real life problem and convert it to a real life solution!!! you simply can't do that through putting shapes and figures together in IQ tests. That's why you see 99% of the people that come out of universities, not a single one actually 'invents' anything!!!
There isn't as much an emphisis on inventing stuff as there is contributing to already established work. Obviously only a subset of a given population will have 130+ IQ points necessary to invent new things. Also there isn't much to invent anymore, the western civilisation is pretty much at its peak

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I would love to see an education field in Somalia where we don't want people repeating books and memorising for tests. It creates a drone work-force. We want them to study and then demonstrate how they can apply it and create something innovative from what they learned to benefit society. I guess that's PHD sector, but we should apply this form of thinking across at young early age so all our people are studying and producing 'beneficial' results in their respective fields rather then just memorizing for a test and then getting a job and doing the same 'thing' people are doing around them!!!

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
There is a difference between IQ and Creativity. IQ is just spotting different shapes, adding things back together that are missing, spotting patterns. Give them a real world problem and real world solution, you will find 99% of people struggling. That's why CEO-Presidents-Military Leaders-ETC are probably not 'high iq' but 'creative' they can turn a real life problem and convert it to a real life solution!!! you simply can't do that through putting shapes and figures together in IQ tests. That's why you see 99% of the people that come out of universities, not a single one actually 'invents' anything!!!

Creativity and intelligence aren't mutually exclusive. :win: You can possess both in excess And both can be honed.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Creativity and intelligence aren't mutually exclusive. :win: Both can be honed.

I agree 100%, it's how we approach teaching our children early on!!! we shouldnt adopt this western form of education in my opinion, where the focus is on how well you write a paragraph, quote, reference and just rehash nonsensical garbage!!!

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Example, let's be honest. All these 'educated technocrats' all they do is analyze other established practises and ideas and then copy n paste it into their problem scenario!!! that's just logical sequencing not creativity at all!!! It's basically using the approach if it worked with group a, lets apply it to group b!!! A creative person will not think like that. A creative person will say something along the lines of 'I know the results I desire' how do I achieve that with the variables I am 'working with!!!

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I agree 100%, it's how we approach teaching our children early on!!! we shouldnt adopt this western form of education in my opinion, where the focus is on how well you write a paragraph, quote, reference and just rehash nonsensical garbage!!!

It provides some structure and builds your foundation but you are the one that should go beyond the institution for your intellectual emancipation.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
sophisticate, of course u need to make sense but they get graded on it which is nonsense!!! I rather care the substance of what your saying, if your just quoting back to me what someone else said in another book, why in the world would I want to read what your saying? I can just go and read them directly!!!

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
sophisticate, of course u need to make sense but they get graded on it which is nonsense!!! I rather care the substance of what your saying, if your just quoting back to me what someone else said in another book, why in the world would I want to read what your saying? I can just go and read them directly!!!

:bell: Its just information consolidation. Would you like them to make a novel contribution without first doing a literature review?

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
IQ tests are ethnocentric. The reason we find it easy is because we are from the west. An African or an Asian will do worse than someone from the west. That's the reason why IQ tests aren't an unbiased and thus have no relevancy imo.

f*ck,

you had to ruin the humor, nacaal :mugshotman:

What's wrong with you, warya? :mahubowtf:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Genie

The last suugo bender
i got 136 the last i took it that was 2 years ago when i was 17 , i'm 19 now.

I had to pay for the other one so i just took this one (free) , so i dunno if its official :manny:

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
Hi teacher. What do you think about eternal girl on this site.
in nutshell: shes a fighter, big heart, fragile soul. unfortunately due to the oppressive culture she comes from, shes repressed and depraved soul yearning to get free.

Shes my kitty. have been her daddy for some time now. we went thru alot of stuff and im glad we came to an agreement that la vita e bella! shes enjoying life and is eager to explore more "stuff" in the future. insha allah!

like i said, every kitty that crosses my path, ends up in my good hands.

@EternalLightX Im a good daddy right?

Genie

The last suugo bender
a girl with an affinity for futo is rare. i presume you have well rounded behind. no?

me and adeer menace agreed to share you

my ass is as flat as a deflated puffer fish trampled on my a bunch of wildebeest , so again no thanks.

ps. my name is based on a somali story so :samwelcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.