What's your favorite culture, or one you really admire?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
That's incorrect. A common mistake many people make is they think the Romans & Greek city-states were Western Civilisations; it would be more accurate to view them as predecessors to the Western Civilisation that would come later.

Essentially, Western civilisation came after the fall of the Western Roman Empire and is a fusion of Latin/Roman institutions & Germanic culture/laws and Western European Christianity aka Catholicism. The Merovingian & Carolingian Empires were the origins of Western Civilisation.

This is accurate but most westerners, including several western scholars do not act like this and behave as though there is direct continuity between them and ancient East Meds.

Last edited:
That's incorrect. A common mistake many people make is they think the Romans & Greek city-states were Western Civilisations; it would be more accurate to view them as predecessors to the Western Civilisation that would come later.

Essentially, Western civilisation came after the fall of the Western Roman Empire and is a fusion of Latin/Roman institutions & Germanic culture/laws and Western European Christianity aka Catholicism. The Merovingian & Carolingian Empires were the origins of Western Civilisation.
But the Roman and Greek contribution to their culture is too great. Germanics just assimilated and Christianity spread thanks to the Romans. Their influence was further amplified by the Renaissance and Enlightenment.

Indeed. The ruler of the Eritrean coast (either the Aksumite King or a predecessor to the medieval Bahr Negash) in the first century CE even spoke Greek and was supposedly very familiar with Greek philosophy and culture. Truly remarkable for them to have that much of a cultural spread in a pre-telephone, pre-internet, pre-modern shipping and planes world.

The funniest thing for me is when they wrestled Greece from the Ottomans and had a dopamine rush from the idea of seeing their "white" Greek brothers and ended up finding some people who seemed more culturally and physically like Turks and Arabs than like them. The heartbreak...

“[Europeans] had these exalted ideas—‘We’re going to run into Agamemnon and Pericles’—and they were disappointed by the Greeks,” Greene said. “There’s Europe and then there’s Europe, and this wasn’t the right Europe.”

:drakelaugh:

:dead: When the heavyweights of your ‘people’ aren’t even from your race. I can’t believe some have the audacity to look down on African history with Islamic influences for not being ‘original’.

I have no alt accounts :ufdup:.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I like France ( not the people), but I would’ve picked japan. For their preservation of culture, art. The tech and the beautiful landscapes.
I'm playing.:pachah1:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There is nothing wrong with liking the country you grew up in. Even if it's France.:icon lol:

Japan is a good pick. It's up there for me as well.

Look at the ambition and the desire and the passion. This small island nation conquered the world and countries quadruple its size. Why weren't Somalis like that :lawd: we didnt even bother to conquer the naked madows down south. We couldn't even conquer the islands at our doorstep
The famous Battle of Trafalgar is one of the best examples of the British Warrior Spirit. They decimated a larger joint Franco-Spanish fleet and ensured British Naval Supremacy on the high seas.

Last edited:

Trending