What's the point of Somaliland?

I'm not really into Somali politics but can someone help me out here? How does Somaliland make sense? It's the same ethinc group, same culture, same language, same religion, same ideologies and much more. Sudan and South Sudan made sense because it was basically 2 different ethnic groups but Somalia and Somaliland doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain?

they are also the same tribe mostly isaaq. they say they were killed by the president in 80s so they want to make a pro isaaq country. thats about it

giphy.gif

they are also the same tribe mostly isaaq. they say they were killed by the president in 80s so they want to make a pro isaaq country. thats about it
That's stupid, what's going to stop every qabiil making their own country in the future? Can I claim Dirland soon? :pachah1:

Northern Somalis were treated different throughout all of the years of unification and then when they acknowledge that difference and separate it’s a problem? Nobody wants to be treated like second class citizens in their own country. The government sanctioned genocides and bombings in the 80’s were the last straw

and fyi SL has different tribes. I have non isaaq family that rep the SL flag

Based

VIP
Idk man!! Seems like bollocks to me. Somalianlanders should accept their fate as a crybaby state of Somalia

Northern Somalis were treated different throughout all of the years of unification and then when they acknowledge that difference and separate it’s a problem? Nobody wants to be treated like second class citizens in their own country. The government sanctioned genocides and bombings in the 80’s were the last straw

With that logic, all minorities in the U.S should take some American soil and make their own country! Since they're treated like second class citizens. It doesn't make sense, right?

With that logic, all minorities in the U.S should take some American soil and make their own country! Since they're treated like second class citizens. It doesn't make sense, right?
What do you mean ?? That makes perfect sense, have you seen the state of America ? :stressed:

I think every tribe was oppress by siad and the government
And also i think there is isaaqs and non isaaqs that dont want to be part of somali lands and also somali lands goverment oppress those tht dont want to be part of somali land
It is tht somali land goverment give independence those tht they oppressing i think

Thugnificent

Father, lover, scholar, landheer
I'm not really into Somali politics but can someone help me out here? How does Somaliland make sense? It's the same ethinc group, same culture, same language, same religion, same ideologies and much more. Sudan and South Sudan made sense because it was basically 2 different ethnic groups but Somalia and Somaliland doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain?
Low level bait
:win:

I think every tribe was oppress by siad and the government
And also i think there is isaaqs and non isaaqs that dont want to be part of somali lands and also somali lands goverment oppress those tht dont want to be part of somali land
It is tht somali land goverment give independence those tht they oppressing i think
What other qabiils outside of Isaaq were being oppressed by siad barre?

Then that makes the idea of “Somaliland” make less sense! With that logic, every qabiil should make their own nation.
It doesnt make sense just cuz some corrupt man did something tht isaaqs get their independence btw some isaaqs oppress nom isaaqs and some isaaqs tht dont want to be part somali land and want to part of somalia and those some corrupt isaaqs take their and put them prison and oppress those tht wear somali flags and dont want to part of somali land

Being same ethnicity doesn't mean we have to be under the same one nation look at the Gulf Arabs who share the same culture and ethnicity and customs yet they rule themselves.

Somalis for generations had their own City states kingdoms or sultanates ruling ourselves and we aren't all the same technically as someone from north have different local customs different from the south and northern nomads never interacted with southern nomad from Hiraan or baidoba. Ethnic Nationalism is dumb

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
There should only be 1 Somali country. Why should western countries pay for more African beggars with bowls? Another independent Somali country will bring no benefit to the world, just more access to aid. Why does Isa have their own nation? They too should be merged with Somalia. Settle your differences and be self sufficient because we are tired of taxpayer funds being flushed down the toilet. If the world is to recognize anyone, it's Taiwan.

Trending