araartii haku deeqdo
sina hayga adkeysan
nabsi hayga amaahan
axdigii ina dhexyiiliyo
ha iloobin aqoontee

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
@Jjero its really surprising that you don't know this word. It's not that deep but the word exists. That's it. Go on google if you want it's not like I made up the word. Jaceylka dhabta means true love nothing else. Isn't that all the OP wanted to know? I won't further derail this already detailed thread by further responding to your nonsense. I have things to do. If it helps you sleep at night I don't know Somali and you're right :qri8gs7::qri8gs7::qri8gs7:
:snoop::ileycry:

How do you know your grandparents Qabil but you don't know basic Af-Somali.

:farmajoyaab:

I mean it doesn't look like dhab is considered basic af-soomaali if it took more than 100 replies to answer what it means. :camby:

I personally have heard run or sax as somali words for true/right but have never heard the word dhab used like that

YoungFarah

VIP
I mean it doesn't look like dhab is considered basic af-soomaali if it took more than 100 replies to answer what it means. :camby:

I personally have heard run or sax as somali words for true/right but have never heard the word dhab used like that
It's rarely used compared to sax iyo run but in the context that's what it means :nvjpqts:

Jjero

MO-G GROUPIE ♡
@Jjero its really surprising that you don't know this word. It's not that deep but the word exists. That's it. Go on google if you want it's not like I made up the word. Jaceylka dhabta means true love nothing else. Isn't that all the OP wanted to know? I won't further derail this already detailed thread by further responding to your nonsense. I have things to do. If it helps you sleep at night I don't know Somali and you're right :qri8gs7::qri8gs7::qri8gs7:
:snoop::ileycry:
stop quoting me you :lawd:
meeqo goor baan ku shegaya its over nacaala its not serious

ReeBorama

"I'd kill for a Noble Peace Prize"
What does daadihi jaceylka mean?:browtf:

Sorry broski, just saw this now

Basically Daadihi jacaylka means lead the love with both hands lol. Daadihi or daadihin is literally when you are holding both hands of the infant when they are learning to walk. Socod barad.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
@Jjero youre literally the only person in this whole thread who doesn't know about the word :manny: :russ:

It's pretty basic. And she claims to be a FOB from mudug. :yloezpe:

Fobs pretending to be 'say wallahis' and this chick is pretending to be a FOB. Anyone can be whoever they wannabe on the internet. But you gotta stay in character. :ftw9nwa:

YoungFarah

VIP
It's pretty basic. And she claims to be a FOB from mudug. :yloezpe:

Fobs pretending to be 'say wallahis' and this chick is pretending to be a FOB. Anyone can be whoever they wannabe on the internet. But you gotta stay in character. :ftw9nwa:
It's mind boggling cos its a basic word at least acknowledge it exists even if you don't use it. This website amazes me everyday wallahi :faysalwtf:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP

I guess genuine would be a better translation for dhab. But I'm shit @ somali so I dunno

I was in xamar this summer alone and would say that my af-soomaali is above standard compared to other "say wallahis" in qurbada but its far from perfect

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I was in xamar this summer alone and would say that my af-soomaali is above standard compared to other "say wallahis" in qurbada but its far from perfect

When you grow up outside of the culture there will obviously be gaps in vocabulary don't be too hard on yourself. Most of us only hear somal off our parents and how often do they talk about jeceylka dhab ? Lol never.

Haha thats exactly what I experienced in somalia this summer. I mean I could understand and speak to the eedos and adeers when it came to "normal" stuff you speak with your parents in af-soomaali. But I was shit when it came to speaking and really "understanding" what other dhalanyar was saying behind the words if you know what I mean. Couldn't flirt and my shuukansi game was weak as f*ck, felt like a amateur playing in La liga

Last question I swear :browtf:

What does il doogsadaan mean in the context of this verse?

Indhaheygu deymada
marna kaama daalan
hoostaa ma dalaan
wey kugu il doogsadaan

Want to be able to at least understand one somali song in its entirety

ReeBorama

"I'd kill for a Noble Peace Prize"
@Generalissimo, sxb I feel somewhat insulted you didn't bother to consider my first comment as an adequate answer to your question and would rather include it in this cute trash talk qaldaan like flirtation between Xxx and whats her name Injiro:icon lol:

Now that we know u have been listening to Somali music and are obviously referring to that famous song Dhabtuu Jacaylku yaalaa.

So in that case, Dhab is lap in the context of this song. LOVE IS ON THE LAP...a true statement if ever there was one.

Dhab can also mean run/true.
Ma kaa dhabaaa=are you serious/being truthful.
Ma ka dhabaa=Is he being serious/telling the truth.

Dab=Fire and or braid
Dabitaan(adj) dabin (n) can also mean to entrap or catch something or someone.

As in, Ninkii Abdi Dabin ayaa loo dhigay si loo shirqoolo to assasinate.

Gabadha timaha dabanaysa lol ii dab timaha nayaa, ree koonfurs would probably say tidic:icon lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.