What's so special about having a significant other?

Do you think having a romantic partner is a great thing

• Yeah, it's great to be with someone you love

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • No I don't have no time for love

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
You cant romantically love a woman or even be attracted to her. So ur acc worse than me

Romantic love doesn't exist; it's a Disney made up feeling. Only love exists and I deeply love my wife. I am not judging and I never judge. We all have our differences.

"Hoyoo, I don't love you" is infinitely worse than "Hoyoo, I'm gay".

:pachah1:

Romantic love doesn't exist; it's a Disney made up feeling. Only love exists. I am not judging and I never judge. We all have our differences.

"Hoyoo, I don't love you" is infinitely worse than "Hoyoo, I'm gay".

:pachah1:
Im sure ur mum would prefer there child to not love them then their child being gay

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Im sure ur mum would prefer there child to not love them then their child being gay

Nah. Any hoyoo would much prefer a gay son over their son telling them they don't love her. No comparison. She could literally die from heart break.

Like I said, no judgement. We all have our differences. No one is picture perfect. I wear my khaniisnimo as a badge of honour. I just made a comment, nothing serious. I get hurled insults daily by people but I'm just cracking jokes with you. It's just the way you were born. Dont let anyone make you feel guilty or bad.

Nah. Any hoyoo would much prefer a gay son over their son telling them they don't love her. No comparison. She could literally die from heart break.

Like I said, no judgement. We all have our differences. No one is picture perfect. I wear my khaniisnimo as a badge of honour. I just made a comment, nothing serious. I get hurled insults daily by people but I'm just cracking jokes with you. It's just the way you were born. Dont let anyone make you feel guilty or bad.
I dont care ur gay tbh it doesnt effect me in anyway. The only thing I do care about tho is that u commit shirk

You need to be better educated on the trinity.
Ive done enough education. Asked many preachers and stuff, grew up in a christian school, talked to alot of apologists, had many arguments, concluded that it was nowhere near logical.
Islam is better than Christianity in every way possible.

And nah i dont think ill ever love my kids all kids are are just a nuisance who take ur time energy and money and sleep I have no care for children.
The only reason Im getting married and having kids is cos its sunnah cos if it weren't id be relaxing.
bruh :dead::dead1::deadmanny::deadrose::damn:

It would be gay if you were sending it to a man, not your wife lool
Nah cos sending love poems and sonnets is just weird for me, If I ever do that I have officially become gay cos their is no way i will ever act like that.
If other men wanna do that for their wives they can do it but thats just to feminine and lovey dovey for me

Nah cos sending love poems and sonnets is just weird for me, If I ever do that I have officially become gay cos their is no way i will ever act like that.
If other men wanna do that for their wives they can do it but thats just to feminine and lovey dovey for me
Lol come on, weren't some of the Sahabas like that though? They used to fight in battle, but they would be comparing their wives to the moon ect loool.

Definitely think its a Western UK Somali/black guy thing were they think being verbally and emotionally affectionate is simping lool.

Lol come on, weren't some of the Sahabas like that though? They used to fight in battle, but they would be comparing their wives to the moon ect loool.

Definitely think its a Western UK Somali/black guy thing were they think being verbally and emotionally affectionate is simping lool.
Nah idc about simping thats a modern concept that ppl made up bc guys were going over the top simping for women who werent even interested in them
For me personally being lovey dovey is out of character for me so the only way I would act like that is if I become gay
Also its not a somali/black guy thing bc behind closed doors when those guys get whipped they be saying the most stupid lovey dovey stuff trust me

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
First and foremost, what I can sense from observing the comments above is that many should be disillusioned with Hollywood, soap operas the movies you watch whatever are inequivalent to the real world so your expectations can be disappointing. Like others had said learn to first love and respect yourself.
Second there are definitions when it comes to love and marriage.
Marriage would be different scenario.
When you are in love, you are not obligated to undergo marriage, for it is a choice and not a requirement, although, most societies end (or actually begin) love with marriage. However, it is important to note that not all marriages end up as a result of love, as in the case of fixed marriages.For individual it could be for various circumstances such as late marriage, tradition, culture, religion, poverty and limited choices,wealth and inheritance issues.

Even if love is one of the primary factors to be considered in a marriage, there are still a few couples who get married even without love.
And that is a widespread practice among afaaro qaabiil (arranged marriage)etc.

I'm not saying right off the bat that it's particularly the practices in the Somali culture it's not fully an arranged marriage but rather in their own accordance,
where the bride and groom are primarily selected by individuals other than the couple themselves, particularly by family members such as the parents. Where they are given a brief time to consult (Rushing)
who consider and consent, and the bride and groom has the power to refuse. When they're suggested Duco Qaado Ama Habaar.
In non Somali cultures the matchmaker may be used to find a spouse for a young person and they don't have the luxury to decline.

Religious marriages is also prominent in many cultures.
For example in the conservative groups, Somalis fit in that criteria, if two unmarried couples were having premarital relationship and their families discoverered they
would pressurise to get them immediately form a union as married couple to avoid the taboos and stigmas involved with premarital relationships. And that is known as consensual marriage.

Third the issue is that, it's the cultural persuasion from parents wanting them to pass on their legacy and to find suitors or have them married at a young age which leads to disastrous results in the end.
A common issue for Somalis and other Muslims alike.
To confirm what I have aforementioned type on YT "Somali divorce" and their storytimes is a testament to that, marrying at a very young stage.

On the other hand, marriage is more of a civil status. It is the event in which a couple who officially married. This activity gives more meaning to love, and dictates a lasting commitment or contract between the two parties.

But hey I'm no expert it's just my honest opinion here.

Last edited:

Adagio

reer baadiyo
Fixated ideas and concepts because of films and social media. Categorising certain behaviours as 'simp' like and gay when you fail to come to terms with what love & having a significant other is. It is no insult to have to acknowledge that even though we inhabit a culture soaked in romanticism, we have problems understanding love. Anyways, who knows. Just my opinion

Trending

Latest posts