What would you do if your sibling ruined your chance with a woman?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Does my writing seem like a Jane austen novel? :ulyin:

write a sample and post on a thread, Make sure to tag me so i can critique :lolbron:

Here is a sample:

Mrs Hodan Darood--mother of the handsome Hamza Copenhagen upon hearing her son marriage proposal was refused flew into manic rage. Her boss lady manly energy erupted ferociously with unmatched energy, almost damaged her prized golden wrist watch. She immediately called Xawo- mother of the girl who refused Hamza's proposal- to set time for a meeting. Her out of breath voice was palatable to the mild demeanor Xawo- who seemed to know the reason the illustrious Mrs Darood called. She was behind her daughter refusing the handsome, rich Hamza who seemed to check all box except his religiosity. The rich, luxury loving Darood clan are used to high life and expensive lifestyle- which was more shocking to hear her very bachelor son refused. Her ego, her uunsi, her mind could not understand the word - No- and a hard NO if you will- as the lady in question said it to his face. He cried- and she blushed and got up- uneasy with a grown man crying before her. Maryam was a religious girl who was a hafidh- and upon hearing he was not religious, he did't pray- she shared with her mother- her bold move to refuse him. Xawo was very delighted with her daughter.

On a crisp Sunday morning- Mrs Darood arrived at the single mother Xawo home with a speed determination. She was welcome inside the home- pleasantry passed between them , she was offered a cup of tea- but Mrs Darood -refused because she says she only drunk of real golden cups from her home- and trusts no one else tea. This warranted eyes rolling, and a little uneasiness on Xawos part. At once Mrs Darood began:

"Abaayo- You cannot be mistaken to know why i am here? I have always respected your clever mind- even though we went in different circles. News of an alarming nature reached me a day ago about my youngest and favorite son--Hamza refused marriage by your eldest daughter Maryaam. Of course- i would not have believed it had he not tell me himself- with tears in his pretty eyes. Why- madam was my son refused??

Xawo in a nervous reflex- adjusted her gabarsaar- sat upright, praised her Darood family- and her comfortable life- but then released the bomb that Hamza was not religious. It is a simple as that, Ma'am"

"What? U mean- to say-- your daughter refused him because he was not religious? What do you mean, ma'am? We are muslims"

"Yes you are- but do you practice it? Do you pray Salat? Does your son wash his behind with water or tissue? Xawo cut to the chase.

"How dare you nayaa? Do you know WHO i am? I am Darood Ismael Jerbeeti. Your daughter should be kissing his feet to be considered to be a Mrs. Hamza Darood! This is outrageous. I should be the one refusing my son marry your Hawiye daughter. But no- i am in diaspora- i am 'civilized' and asked him to follow his heart. Madam, the nerve of your daughter - and you! You disgust me! "

Last edited:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Eedo, this thread reminded me of your good for nothing brother. Tell me, Has yoru SIL finally divorced him? Is he still controlling her? what's the update? :mybusiness:

Things are not good or bad in his home. He has gone back to Somalia to renovate our homes. I think there is trouble at home. I promise i didn't do any drama. :damn:

Yaraye

VIP
Here is a sample:

Mrs Hodan Darood--mother of the handsome Hamza Copenhagen upon hearing her son marriage proposal was refused flew into manic rage. Her boss lady manly energy erupted ferociously with unmatched energy, almost damaged her prized golden wrist watch. She immediately called Xawo- mother of the girl who refused Hamza's proposal- to set time for a meeting. Her out of breath voice was palatable to the mild demeanor Xawo- who seemed to know the reason the illustrious Mrs Darood called. She was behind her daughter refusing the handsome, rich Hamza who seemed to check all box except his religiosity. The rich, luxury loving Darood clan are used to high life and expensive lifestyle- which was more shocking to hear her very bachelor son refused. Her ego, her uunsi, her mind could not understand the word - No- and a hard NO if you will- as the lady in question said it to his face. He cried- and she blushed and got up- uneasy with a grown man crying before her. Maryam was a religious girl who was a hafidh- and upon hearing he was not religious, he did't pray- she shared with her mother- her bold move to refuse him. Xawo was very delighted with her daughter.

On a crisp Sunday morning- Mrs Darood arrived at the single mother Xawo home with a speed determination. She was welcome inside the home- pleasantry passed between them , she was offered a cup of tea- but Mrs Darood -refused because she says she only drunk of real golden cups from her home- and trusts no one else tea. This warranted eyes rolling, and a little uneasiness on Xawos part. At once the conversation of her Mrs Darood mission began:

"Abaayo- You cannot be mistaken to know why i am here? I have always respected your clever mind- even though we went in different circles. News of an alarming nature reached me a day ago about my youngest and favorite son--Hamza refused marriage by your eldest daughter Maryaan. Of course- i would not have believed it had he not tell me himself- with tears in his pretty eyes. Why- madam was my son refused?? MRS Darood cut to the chase

Xawo in a nervous reflex- adjusted her gabarsaar- sat upright, praised her Darood family- and her comfortable life- but then released the bomb that Hamza was not religious. It is a simple as that, Ma'am"

"What? U mean- to say-- your daughter refused him because he was not religious? What do you mean, ma'am? We are muslims"

"Yes you are- but do you practice it? Do you pray Salat? Does your son wash his behind with water or tissue? Xawo cut to the chase.

"How dare you nayaa? Do you know WHO i am? I am Darood Ismael Jerbeeti. Your daughter should be kissing his feet to be considered to be a Mrs. Hamza Darood! This is outrageous. I should be the one refusing my son marry your Hawiye daughter. But no- i am in diaspora- i am 'civilized' and asked him to follow his heart. Madam the nerse of your daughter - and you! You disgust me! "
This is spectacular! I love the way you added qabiils.:mjlaugh: You should start a thread just for posting these.

I guess it's because friend #1 is the only daughter, suffered for many years doing most of the housework, and understands friend #3's standard. Friend #1's mother is the one who caused a bit of a fuss talking about "How could my handsome and highly educated son get rejected?"

friend #1's mother was quite salty when she found out that her nephew and friend #3 were getting married.
Oh I get it, I can't imagine cleaning up after all my siblings all the time -they'd be enemy #1.
Its good she stuck to her principles

Yaraye

VIP
Here is a sample:

On a crisp Sunday morning- Mrs Darood arrived at the single mother Xawo home with a speed determination. She was welcome inside the home- pleasantry passed between them , she was offered a cup of tea- but Mrs Darood -refused because she says she only drunk of real golden cups from her home- and trusts no one else tea. This warranted eyes rolling, and a little uneasiness on Xawos part. At once the conversation of her Mrs Darood mission began:

"Abaayo- You cannot be mistaken to know why i am here? I have always respected your clever mind- even though we went in different circles. News of an alarming nature reached me a day ago about my youngest and favorite son--Hamza refused marriage by your eldest daughter Maryaan. Of course- i would not have believed it had he not tell me himself- with tears in his pretty eyes. Why- madam was my son refused?? MRS Darood cut to the chase

"How dare you nayaa? Do you know WHO i am? I am Darood Ismael Jerbeeti. Your daughter should be kissing his feet to be considered to be a Mrs. Hamza Darood! This is outrageous. I should be the one refusing my son marry your Hawiye daughter. But no- i am in diaspora- i am 'civilized' and asked him to follow his heart. Madam the nerse of your daughter - and you! You disgust me! "
If you write story novels like this, added with qabiils, and things from our culture (Ex: gabarsaar), it would be quite a hit with somalis :hillarybiz:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
If you write story novels like this, added with qabiils, and things from our culture (Ex: gabarsaar), it would be quite a hit with somalis :hillarybiz:

indeed dear. But i am too lazy. And i enjoy writing it too- i laugh at my own words walaahi lol

Yaraye

VIP
The only thing i gathered is how women even gossip about their own siblings...
nobody is safe out here
Yaraye

Trending