What would you do if your sibling ruined your chance with a woman?

Yaraye

VIP
I have 4 good friends: Friend #1, friend #2, friend #3, friend #4. Friend #1 has a brother who considered by many a catch. Friend #1's brother expressed interest in getting to know Friend #3 for marriage to his sister. Friend #3 is religious, has a good rep in the community, highly educated with a decent job, great personality however she is quite a cold person. She rarely goes out, stay away from men like they are the plague, and is the dream child of a lot of mothers lol. Friend #1's brother is good looking, high paying job, highly educated, decent personality, not very religious (but stays aways from major sins like zina, drinking, drugs..etc).

When friend #3 heard he was interested from friend #1. Friend #3 politely refused. Friend #1 thought that friend #3 was being considerate of our group's friendship and informed friend #3 that she had no problem with her brother and friend #3 getting to know each other for marriage. In fact, friend #1 expressed relief that her brother was interested in a good and religious person like friend #3. Friend #3 still refused.

Friend #1 asked friend #3 the reason for refusal. Friend #3 reminded friend #1 about friend #1 venting to us about her brothers not helping with the household chores, and her over-bearing mother. Friend #3 was sure that she would would end up as a single married mother with an over bearing mother- in-law! Friend #1 was flabbergasted and left speechless! :ohhh:

Fast forward 1 year later, friend #3 has got married to friend #1's cousin :dead::dead:

Last edited:
1700945765181.png

Bisinka. Even chat GPT got me confused.

She is. This situation does make me laugh tho :dead:
Usualy i dont talk to girls my sister brings home. I know some year back my sister brought good looking girl they were friend ofcourse was a somali but 😂😂.
She caught my attention but imediately just ignored it all becos in situation like that i will never talk to a girl. Only outside our home yeah it makes sense but she must not be friend of my sister.

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Ah there’s more fish in the sea personally ingaf unless the sibling ruined my chances in repeat

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
In the unfolding narrative, we encounter a finely crafted tale. Friend #3, a shrewd and clever individual, exhibited a noteworthy acumen. She recalled Friend #1's candid expressions about her brother's lack of contribution at home, leaving his mother unsupported. Anticipating that his true colours might emerge down the road, she wisely foresaw the potential challenge of nurturing not a partner but a man-child. As a deft player in the chessboard of life, she certainly merits commendation for her discerning judgment.

But her marrying friend #1s cousin caught me off guard.

Yaraye

VIP
It's whatever. The brother will find himself a better shorty, hopefully.
I pity the shorty that he will find. Friend #3 rejected him for a reason :dead: I'm glad that friend #1 had a big mouth cuz without her venting, friend #3 might have actually married him cuz he seems like a decent person from the outside.

Yaraye

VIP
In the unfolding narrative, we encounter a finely crafted tale. Friend #3, a shrewd and clever individual, exhibited a noteworthy acumen. She recalled Friend #1's candid expressions about her brother's lack of contribution at home, leaving his mother unsupported. Anticipating that his true colours might emerge down the road, she wisely foresaw the potential challenge of nurturing not a partner but a man-child. As a deft player in the chessboard of life, she certainly merits commendation for her discerning judgment.

But her marrying friend #1s cousin caught me off guard.
Friend #3 is smart, but we must applaud friend #1's tendency to vent about things :silanyosmile:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I have 4 good friends: Friend #1, friend #2, friend #3, friend #4. Friend #1 has a brother who considered by many a catch. Friend #1's brother expressed interest in getting to know Friend #3 for marriage to his sister. Friend #3 is religious, has a good rep in the community, highly educated with a decent job, great personality however she is quite a cold person. She rarely goes out, stay away from men like they are the plague, and is the dream child of a lot of mothers lol. Friend #1's brother is good looking, high paying job, highly educated, decent personality, not very religious (but stays aways from major sins like zina, drinking, drugs..etc).

When friend #3 heard he was interested from friend #1. Friend #3 politely refused. Friend #1 thought that friend #3 was being considerate of our group's friendship and informed friend #3 that she had no problem with her brother and friend #3 getting to know each other for marriage. In fact, friend #1 expressed relief that her brother was interested in a good and religious person like friend #3. Friend #3 still refused.

Friend #1 asked friend #3 the reason for refusal. Friend #3 reminded friend #1 about friend #1 venting to us about her brothers not helping with the household chores, and her over-bearing mother. Friend #3 was sure that she would would end up as a single married mother with an over bearing mother- in-law! Friend #1 was flabbergasted and left speechless! :ohhh:

Fast forward 1 year later, friend #3 has got married to friend #1's cousin :dead::dead:

U know i always wanted to write a Jane Austen Somali version novel- Marriage as the main theme of my book.

I'd feel a bit salty she rejected my brother even after talking smack about him.

"Haye friend #3, So you think you are too good for my brother?"
What Do You Mean GIF by Strapped Entertainment

Yaraye

VIP
U know i always wanted to write a Jane Austen Somali version novel- Marriage as the main theme of my book.
Eedo, this thread reminded me of your good for nothing brother. Tell me, Has yoru SIL finally divorced him? Is he still controlling her? what's the update? :mybusiness:

Yaraye

VIP
I'd feel a bit salty she rejected my brother even after talking smack about him.

"Haye friend #3, So you think you are too good for my brother?"
What Do You Mean GIF by Strapped Entertainment
Loooool! Friend #1 and friend #3 are still good friend, no rift alxamdullah. I guess it's because friend #1 is the only daughter, suffered for many years doing most of the housework, and understands friend #3's standard. Friend #1's mother is the one who caused a bit of a fuss talking about "How could my handsome and highly educated son get rejected?"

friend #1's mother was quite salty when she found out that her nephew and friend #3 were getting married.

I pity the shorty that he will find. Friend #3 rejected him for a reason :dead: I'm glad that friend #1 had a big mouth cuz without her venting, friend #3 might have actually married him cuz he seems like a decent person from the outside.
It worked itself out.

Trending