What was the reason for the muslims of ethiopia fighting alongside us in the Adal war ?

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
The Afar,hadiya ,hararis amongst many others voluntarily joined Axmed Gurey's army to help us .Was there an encroachment into their land by the Ethiopian kingdoms? What is the background behind this?
There wasn’t Ethiopia as we know it, but Amxaaro-Tigray state attempting to absorb other non Christian states and all united to defeat it.

What's the reason for the conflict with Tigrayans?
TPLF rebelled against the federal government of Ethiopa. There was a war for 2 years in Tigray region. most deadly war in the 21st century greatly surpassing the Yemen Syrian and Ukrainian conflicts.

10% of the entire Tigrayan population were killed. 600k people in total

Even if that were to be true I don’t how it could be an answer to my post. I could care less what tribe X, Y or Z ethnic group was…
You could always read the source... it goes into more detail:

Screenshot_20230325-155405_OneDrive.jpg

There's no written history of the region before 1577. We have to go by oral traditions of the Afars themselves, neighboring clans, and assimilated Harla's to gage a picture into the events that transpired.

Judging from the lack of Afari presence in futuh al habash, assimilation of Harla's, and the Aussa Sultanate coincidently being established 20 years after the collapse of Adal, it's looking pretty damming that Afaris invaded. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Last edited:
The actual question would be « why did Somalis joined the struggle »

Any evidence that Somalis made up the majority ? Some of you people need to stop recycling whatever you read online that is not cited.
I don't understand folks like you wlh
1679815471485.png
why not just go and read the Futuh Al-Habesha for yourself? Or just read up & look at map of the Awdal & Ifat Sultanates?

The Awdal sultanate was first formed in Zeila, and expanded that region. The Walashma dynasty also claims descent from Aw-Barkhadle. Most of the territory ruled by the Sultanate was also Somali. If you have compelling evidence that contradicts this then bring it here, lackin I'm not going out of my way to dig thru books & sources just because someone makes a claim contrary to what's widely accepted.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
There wasn’t Ethiopia as we know it, but Amxaaro-Tigray state attempting to absorb other non Christian states and all united to defeat it.
Yes alot of people confuse the modern Ethiopia with the historical one.
Ethiopia before the conquests of menelik II was just highland habesha and was divided up by lords who pledged allegiance to the Emperor.
An Oromo or afar wouldn't have called himself an Ethiopian 200 years ago

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
We subjected them to do so
Didn't Ahmed Gurey seek to unite all Muslim cushitic groups and unite the horn under a islamic empire?
He did it for religion and probably wouldn't have discriminated against other horner ethnicities since that would be against Islam.
But he certainly was hell brutal against Christian habesha though

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
Didn't Ahmed Gurey seek to unite all Muslim cushitic groups and unite the horn under a islamic empire?
He did it for religion and probably wouldn't have discriminated against other horner ethnicities since that would be against Islam.
But he certainly was hell brutal against Christian habesha though
Of course he didn't discriminate against them but there's countless time where they didn't listen to him and he butchered their villages, the action done by the army it clearly shows ethnic hatred, when Somalis captured the Highlands they cucked so many of the habesha and forcefully turned them into Muslim and birthed many Muslim habesha, the Habesha Christians use that as insult against muslim habesha in shire city and other cities

Last edited:

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
Because they are coons. My bad in my initial comment on afar at the end I messed up they're suck ups to Amharas but beef Tigrinyas HARD. Apparently for over 800 years according to some Afar elders :dead: they were gladly assisting in the genocide of Tigrayans a year ago.
Afars don’t beef Biher-Tigrinya. Many of them fought alongside Kebessa Eritreans in the Independence War. The ones who went down to assist in the “genocide” (LOL) of Tigrayans were part of the Eritrean Defense Forces and were simply protecting Eritrean sovereignty.

Now Afars do have their own separatists (ARDUF) but they are a fucking joke.

Afars don’t beef Biher-Tigrinya. Many of them fought alongside Kebessa Eritreans in the Independence War. The ones who went down to assist in the “genocide” (LOL) of Tigrayans were part of the Eritrean Defense Forces and were simply protecting Eritrean sovereignty.

Now Afars do have their own separatists (ARDUF) but they are a fucking joke.

Garaad diinle

 
You take a double L. One thinking I was Danakiil second was thinking I was a blackpiller LOL
Touche my friend. I know a fair bit of afar culture i should've questioned you a bit more. Your face reveal had too many red flags already but i gave you the benefit of doubt since you acted with confident and had a straight face.

You look like a full somali where did the afar genes go? Turn out somalis genes are not that weak.

Afars didn't exist around the Adal borders during that time. After Adal collapsed they invaded the Dir valley from the Danakiil depression kicking out the Gurgurga Harla Karanle and Habar Maqdi Samaroon that dwelled in the area, renaming it to the Awash Valley.

Before Afars invaded, Somalis in the Dir Valley used to border Amharas. Isn't that crazy to think of? 😂 polar opposites ethnicities living side by side. 16th century east Africa was a interesting place.

You are right brother. The Afar, and Dir brothers from Djibouti have access to the Awassa chronicles which is in French and makes it easy to read for those francophone horn Africans

Awsa chronicles mention imam mohamed gasa hes a distant nephew of gragne seen in mekurias lineage tree, he founded awsa sultanate the precursor to modern day afar mudayto imamate.

Awsa was founded after gragn was killed and his brothers and sons after wasiir cabaas left harar to form a state in aussa modern day afar region in eritrea and ethiopia, by the 18th century they got swallowed by afar dynasties that even took hold of zaila at one point whilst they allowed hawiye to remain as judges in zeila until the pro british ottomans brought an isaaq to lead as sultan.

1679965162217.png

The Awsa chronicle precises that Imam Mohamed Ibrahim Gaas who created the Awsa Sultanate was from Karanle/Balaw in Bale. As Imam Mohamed was the nephew of Imam Ahmed. That closes the debate of the Imam clan.