What scientific developments can be attributed to the Qur'an?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you write on the thread. Make another topic on basic science.

OK I'll get back on the topics thread. Saaxib the reason I didn't find your original post compelling is because the verses you've quoted sound nothing like what you're trying to prove. "And [I swear] by the night when it draws in, and by the dawn when it breathes in. (Qur'an, 81:17-18)"
The mental gymnastics required to claim that this verse talks about photosynthesis must be at Olympic standards.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Let me utterly destroy your fantasies.

The question of origins has always fascinated the human mind. From the earliest times, the existence of life has mostly been attributed to supernatural intervention. However, naturalistic models of origins based on logic and philosophy can be traced to about the fifth century BC in Greece. Plato (428-348 BC) and Aristotle (384-322 BC) were the philosophers that probably had the greatest impact on western thought. Their idealistic view of striving for perfection laid the foundations for a naturalistic view of origins.

Plato's idealistic views had a profound effect on biology. To him, the structure and form of organisms could be understood from their function which in turn was designed to achieve ultimate goodness and harmony imposed by an external creator.

Aristotle, the father of biology, expanded this idea to include the development of organisms and the origins of groups of organisms. To Aristotle, the adult form represented the final goal or telos, and the changes occurring during embryological development represented a striving towards the telos and is dictated by the telos.

So tell me how the origins of the theory of evolution started with Islam :childplease:when the origins of it is way way before Islam even came into the picture Baal I sheeg please tell me now how Muslims don't practice the art of plagiarism to the fullest :childplease:

Yet they did not propose the evolution theory m8 what you on about ?
'mohammedan theory' did and was even more accurate than that of-Charles Darwin one.

Yet they did not propose the evolution theory m8 what you on about ?
'mohammedan theory' did and was even more accurate than that of-Charles Darwin one.

Mohammedan theory was more accurate then Charles Darwin :drakekidding: i asked you what was the origin then you went and brought up a vid and claimed it was from ibn khaldun.

Aristotle used this idea to develop a "scale of nature," in which he arranged the natural world on a ladder commencing with inanimate matter to plants, invertebrates, and vertebrates. Among the vertebrates, he placed the fish at the lowest rung of the ladder and humans on the highest rung. This "scale of nature" represents a progression from the most imperfect to the most perfect.

The concepts developed by the Greek philosophers retained their influence well into the 18th century and were nurtured by prominent thinkers such as Goethe (1749-1832), who believed that the origin of each level of organism was based on a fundamental primitive plan—anarchetype—from which the more complex features and organisms developed.

And your telling me they didn't propose the theory of evolution :draketf::deadosama:

Ma galaada ka seexo niin yahow your making your self look like a fool smh

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Mohammedan theory was more accurate then Charles Darwin :drakekidding: i asked you what was the origin then you went and brought up a vid and claimed it was from ibn khaldun.

Aristotle used this idea to develop a "scale of nature," in which he arranged the natural world on a ladder commencing with inanimate matter to plants, invertebrates, and vertebrates. Among the vertebrates, he placed the fish at the lowest rung of the ladder and humans on the highest rung. This "scale of nature" represents a progression from the most imperfect to the most perfect.

The concepts developed by the Greek philosophers retained their influence well into the 18th century and were nurtured by prominent thinkers such as Goethe (1749-1832), who believed that the origin of each level of organism was based on a fundamental primitive plan—anarchetype—from which the more complex features and organisms developed.

And your telling me they didn't propose the theory of evolution :draketf::deadosama:

Ma galaada ka seexo niin yahow your making your self look like a fool smh

That is what is called "scientific assumption" he just assuming, and placed plants at lowest ladder stop resorting to lying:fittytousand::yacadiim: he or other greek philosophers did not present any "evolution theory", they were great thinkers that is all.

Masaasbaa

Meticulously calculated...........
@JohnDoe waan idinka yara yaabay dadyahow, adiga iyo beeshaada gaalo. what are you trying to get out of all these countless threads were you engage in constant debates with no outcome? personally i got tired of following it after the first or second day. You would think a bloke from the atheist club who claim to be a rational thinker would know when a debate bears no fruit or not. we get it you're an atheist and you don't plan on changing and neither do we. so what is the point in engaging in useless debate which restarts every other 2-3 days?
There is no outcome :draketf: what is your aim? :drakewtf: what are you trying to achieve?:kanyehmm:

Last edited:
@JohnDoe waan idinka yara yaabay dadyahow, adiga iyo beeshaada gaalo. what are you trying to get out of all these countless threads were you engage in constant debates with no outcome? personally i got tired of following it after the first or second day. You would think a bloke from the atheist club who claim to be a rational thinker would know when a debate bears no fruit or not. we get it you're an atheist and you don't plan on changing and neither do we. so what is the point in engaging in useless debate which restarts every other 2-3 days?
There is no outcome :draketf: what is your aim? :drakewtf: what are you trying to achieve?:kanyehmm:

I'm not trying to convince those that I'm actually debating as their ego will force them to maintain their position. But I've realised the Muslim is his own worst enemy as we've seen with @Hafez and his contradictions. The more I argue with my Muslim compatriots the more they showcase Islam's stupidity to the wider guests who view this forum.
PS: I haven't started a thread on religion for quite a while saaxib. Go look for yourself.

The mohammeddan evolution theory is very interesting. Im slightly confused on the muslim perspective though. It has been proven that all organisms in the world except certain bacteria share genetic correspondence, what is your view on that?peace

Lily

>,,< certified creep >,,<
If anyone can do this successfully then I'll proclaim the shahaada and bow my head down in sujud.
I+got+alot+of+bait+so+bring+it+on+_00ab068a98e6532ad94ae269c6c09535.png
tbh...

beenta iska daa waryaa... you just wanted to create thread to spew nonsense about islam....you can't make blind man see the color of the sky....one can only say blue blue blue.... *sighs*... so you want us to post articles upon articles that you aint even gonna read,,, only so that it can give you a platform to post more nonsense without looking like lost lunatic having convo with himself..:qri8gs7::qri8gs7::qri8gs7:... repeating the same repetitive tedious ishh is so tiring walee... at the end of the day 'lakum deenukum waliya deen'... stop tryna force us to disown our deen... just cahs you chose to take certain route, you expect everyone to also take that route:what1:.... well guess what we not coming with you!!... ma qasab baa???

personally I have no problem with atheists.... it aint my damn business what others wana do... but adigu all you do is hate hate hate... constantly hating.... constantly leaving trash here and there... hating so much to the point the word hate itself becomes love...

ah thank god for the ignore function.....:heart::heart:
.. i just regret I haven't put you in there sooner :zhqjlmx:

That is what is called "scientific assumption" he just assuming, and placed plants at lowest ladder stop resorting to lying:fittytousand::yacadiim: he or other greek philosophers did not present any "evolution theory", they were great thinkers that is all.

:chrisfreshhah: In that case you could say the same for ibn khaldun :chrisfreshhah:

Confirmation bias check √ cognitive dissonance check √ have a good night

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
:chrisfreshhah: In that case you could say the same for ibn khaldun :chrisfreshhah:

Confirmation bias check √ cognitive dissonance check √ have a good night

You forgot to mention all those greek philosophers were nothing more than fraud . illiterates educated by ancient Egyptians superstitious and thus they stole their ideas.

cognitive dissonance defines you fella! Peace out. siilaanyolaugh

You forgot to mention all those greek philosophers were nothing more than fraud . illiterates educated by ancient Egyptians superstitious and thus they stole their ideas.

cognitive dissonance defines you fella! Peace out. siilaanyolaugh

You have no real come backs do you ?, your just replying cos you want to stroke your ego after you got destroyed with facts i can see through that facade reaching for the Egyptians which have nothing to do with this topic :umad:
you probably reply back with things and ascertions that have nothing to do with the actuall argument so this my last reply to you.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
You have no real come backs do you ?, your just replying cos you want to stroke your ego after you got destroyed with facts i can see through that facade reaching for the Egyptians which have nothing to do with this topic :umad:
you probably reply back with things and ascertions that have nothing to do with the actuall argument so this my last reply to you.

"In that case you could say the same for ibn khaldun :chrisfreshhah:

Confirmation bias check √ cognitive dissonance check √ have a good night[/QUOTE]"

^That was your response I don't see facts but accusation.

At least you did not deny my statement.:yacadiim::damn:

I woke up for fajr, was quickly scanning through the recent posts on this forum (which is the first time doing this since I quit) and stumbled across this thread. After seeing some of the spurious information propagated by certain individuals on this forum, I felt obliged to reply.

"The Muslim scientists ibn Kathir, ibn Khauldun, ibn Arabi, ibn Sina, among other scientists, such as the Ikhwan school of thought, arrived at the same conclusions as Darwin with a convincing amount of evidence. Some westerners, including Darwins contemporary, Sir William Draper, called it the Mohammedan Theory of Evolution.

"The Mutazili scientist and philosopher al-Jahiz (c. 776-869) was the first of the Muslim biologists and philosophers to develop an early theory of evolution. He speculated on the influence of the environment on animals, considered the effects of the environment on the likelihood of an animal to survive, and first described the struggle for existence and an early theory on natural selection. Al-Jahiz wrote the following on the struggle for existence:

"Animals engage in a struggle for existence; for resources, to avoid being eaten and to breed. Environmental factors influence organisms to develop new characteristics to ensure survival, thus transforming into new species. Animals that survive to breed can pass on their successful characteristics to offspring."

There are clearly things which are simply argument by analogy. For instance: coral has branches like a tree; the date palm does not wither if all its branches are chopped but it dies when the head is cut off so its like an animal. And through such analogy they link minerals to plants to animals.

In fact, Hamidullahs summary reads something like a Great Chain of Being which was associated with commoners earlier while al-Jahizs description reminds of natural selection."

That's pretty straightforward. What they've stated in their books, au fond, is none other than microeconomics. Now, we all know there's evidence that supports the authenticity of microeconomics (where organisms develop particular traits for an evolutionary advantage). Nowhere was it stated in the books of the early Muslim scientists that organisms rejig to completely different organisms, this is what macroevolution is all about; they've merely mentioned the fact that they acquire traits.

There's no evidence to support the authenticity of macroevolution which is why it's not a law of science and never will be. NO SCIENTIST WOULD DENY THIS.

I'm not trying to convince those that I'm actually debating as their ego will force them to maintain their position. But I've realised the Muslim is his own worst enemy as we've seen with @Hafez and his contradictions. The more I argue with my Muslim compatriots the more they showcase Islam's stupidity to the wider guests who view this forum.
PS: I haven't started a thread on religion for quite a while saaxib. Go look for yourself.

Why did you say that @Hafez has contradicted himself? I've read his most recent posts (around 200 of them), and not once has he contradicted himself. Lying about people to get an "edge", smh... That's very lowly indeed.

In before the fool (he knows who he is) says that "but we have corresponding genes with apes and other organisms" lol, all living things have been created from water and a few other substances hence why organisms that are apparently distinct share corresponding DNA but this in no way means that we share a common ancestor.

LOL I had a long debate about this topic with the atheists on this forum already. Wallahi these people are repetitive and boring, the failed to provide evidence the first time. They have nothing better going on for them.
:cryinglaughsmiley:

Just to make things clear, I am NOT @Hafez as some people might want to believe...

@Zak Jingo and all the Muslims on Somalispot, STOP debating with atheists (lest you be led astray and become one of them), especially about issues pertaining to the natural sciences, I'm too busy and seldom have the time to refute them. Wallahi you can trust me when I say this, they are liars and cannot backup their claims with scientific evidence.

"And when you see those who engage in a false conversation about Our Verses of the Qur'an by mocking at them, stay away from them till they turn to another topic. And if Satan causes you to forget, then sit not you after the remembrance in the company of those people who are the Dhaalimoon - the wrong-doers".
Al An'aam 6:68

"And it has already been revealed to you in the Book that when you hear the verses of Allah being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; but if you stayed then certainly in that case you would be like them."

An Nisaa 4:140

Macasalaam.

I woke up for fajr, was quickly scanning through the recent posts on this forum (which is the first time doing this since I quit) and stumbled across this thread. After seeing some of the spurious information propagated by certain individuals on this forum, I felt obliged to reply.

That's pretty straightforward. What they've stated in their books, au fond, is none other than microeconomics. Now, we all know there's evidence that supports the authenticity of microeconomics (where organisms develop particular traits for an evolutionary advantage). Nowhere was it stated in the books of the early Muslim scientists that organisms rejig to completely different organisms, this is what macroevolution is all about; they've merely mentioned the fact that they acquire traits.

There's no evidence to support the authenticity of macroevolution which is why it's not a law of science and never will be. NO SCIENTIST WOULD DENY THIS.

Why did you say that @Hafez has contradicted himself? I've read his most recent posts (around 200 of them), and not once has he contradicted himself. Lying about people to get an "edge", smh... That's very lowly indeed.

In before the fool (he knows who he is) says that "but we have corresponding genes with apes and other organisms" lol, all living things have been created from water and a few other substances hence why organisms that are apparently distinct share corresponding DNA but this in no way means that we share a common ancestor.

LOL I had a long debate about this topic with the atheists on this forum already. Wallahi these people are repetitive and boring, the failed to provide evidence the first time. They have nothing better going on for them.
:cryinglaughsmiley:

Just to make things clear, I am NOT @Hafez as some people might want to believe...

@Zak Jingo and all the Muslims on Somalispot, STOP debating with atheists (lest you be led astray and become one of them), especially about issues pertaining to the natural sciences, I'm too busy and seldom have the time to refute them. Wallahi you can trust me when I say this, they are liars and cannot backup their claims with scientific evidence.

"And when you see those who engage in a false conversation about Our Verses of the Qur'an by mocking at them, stay away from them till they turn to another topic. And if Satan causes you to forget, then sit not you after the remembrance in the company of those people who are the Dhaalimoon - the wrong-doers".
Al An'aam 6:68

"And it has already been revealed to you in the Book that when you hear the verses of Allah being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; but if you stayed then certainly in that case you would be like them."

An Nisaa 4:140

Macasalaam.
"He took the sequence of 23 highly-conserved proteins found in all three domains of life (bacteria, archaea, eukaryotes) and ran them through a battery of phylogenetic algorithms. In these algorithms, one is expected to set various parameters, such as the model for sequence evolution. Theobald tried various models, all of which reflect different hypotheses of ancestry (universal common ancestry, two origins of life, etc.). This is called the AIC method (Akaike information criterion), and is the standard way of testing different ancestry hypotheses.

All phylogenetic trees get support values, numbers derived statistically that tell us how robust and accurate the tree most likely is. The support values for the trees that used a model of universal common ancestry were, in every case, way higher than the support values of those that have an alternative hypothesis.

So, since the trees that support universal common ancestry are more robust, we can say with strong confidence that universal common ancestry is true."
This was taken from professor Douglass L Theobald a respectable genealogist. The formula for life is very succinct and delicate. You are a fool to think water is capable of providing the genetic correspondence for all organisms to life. Genes translate to proteins.
PS im not attacking anyones faith. Faith is in its essence is an irrational belief.

"He took the sequence of 23 highly-conserved proteins found in all three domains of life (bacteria, archaea, eukaryotes) and ran them through a battery of phylogenetic algorithms. In these algorithms, one is expected to set various parameters, such as the model for sequence evolution. Theobald tried various models, all of which reflect different hypotheses of ancestry (universal common ancestry, two origins of life, etc.). This is called the AIC method (Akaike information criterion), and is the standard way of testing different ancestry hypotheses.

All phylogenetic trees get support values, numbers derived statistically that tell us how robust and accurate the tree most likely is. The support values for the trees that used a model of universal common ancestry were, in every case, way higher than the support values of those that have an alternative hypothesis.

So, since the trees that support universal common ancestry are more robust, we can say with strong confidence that universal common ancestry is true."
This was taken from professor Douglass L Theobald a respectable genealogist. The formula for life is very succinct and delicate. You are a fool to think water is capable of providing the genetic correspondence for all organisms to life. Genes translate to proteins.
PS im not attacking anyones faith. Faith is in its essence is an irrational belief.
That's because we share over 90% of our DNA with some of these organisms you moron... We've had a debate about this already, you're just repeating the same thing in a different way, lmfao. "polygenetic algorithms", do you even know what polygenes are dude? I did not mean that water itself is the reason for our genetic correspondence per se, I just did not want to go in depth. Humans have similar features to certain organisms (I.e. the way we eat, defecate, sleep, etc), this is why we may have genetic correspondence which is undoubtedly a result of similar DNA coding sequence. I already mentioned to you that there's no correspondence in the non-coding DNA sequence (and this could pretty much be responsible for the reason why we have human traits). Corresponding DNA in no way means that we share a common ancestry. It's funny that he (Douglass L Theobald) thinks all organisms having a common ancestry is still one of the many hypotheses that are known to scientists loooool.

"higher than the support values of those that have an alternative hypothesis."

Dude that was embarrassing...

Last edited:
[Evolutionary theory] is still, as it was in Darwin’s time, a highly speculative hypothesis entirely without direct factual support . . . (Michael Denton, molecular biologist)

These godless bastards are resorting to desperate measures seriously.

"On December 18, 1912, the Geological Society, with the assistance of co-conspirator British Museum of Natural History, unvieled a faked skull that they claimed was the “missing link.” Their forgery led to headlines all over the world proclaiming “Missing Link Found – Darwin's Theory Proved.”

"Darwinians have been dead wrong whenever they have claimed that the "genetic matter of ape and humans is 98% identical." The ape and human chromosomes are remarkably divergent and too different for "ape to human evolution" theory to adequately explain. For example, the human Y chromosome has twice as many genes as the chimpanzee Y chromosome and the chromosome structures are not at all similar.
There are laws of embryology that directly contradict "ape to human evolution. One reason is that genes work together in teams to form body parts during embryonic development. This makes it impossible to add genes to any genome because there is no way to coordinate any new gene with existing genes. Yet "ape to human evolution" requires apes and humans to be able to add genes - for example, the chimpanzee Y chromosome has 37 genes and the human Y chromosome has at least 78 genes."

he laws of genetics prevent "ape to human evolution" from ever taking place. One reason is there is no genetic mechanism that creates new genes. But "ape to human evolution" relies on apes and humans having the ability to create new genes with new functions. New genes are required in order to have morphological changes, such as gills into lungs or more efficient brains. So called "gene duplication" is not evidence that organisms can create new genes. Although bacteria can duplicate existing genes by mistake through "gene duplication," this only occurs in single sex bacteria and this is not evidence that apes and humans can create new genes with new functions.
:drakegrin::drakelaugh::drakelaugh:
And this guy has the audacity to call me irrational...
:drakekidding:

That's because we share over 90% of our DNA with some of these organisms you moron... We've had a debate about this already, you're just repeating the same thing in a different way, lmfao. "polygenetic algorithms", do you even know what polygenes are dude? I did not mean that water itself is the reason for our genetic correspondence per se, I just did not want to go in depth. Humans have similar features to certain organisms (I.e. the way we eat, defecate, sleep, etc), this is why we may have genetic correspondence which is undoubtedly a result of similar DNA coding sequence. I already mentioned to you that there's no correspondence in the non-coding DNA sequence (and this could pretty much be responsible for the reason why we have human traits). Corresponding DNA in no way means that we share a common ancestry. It's funny that he (Douglass L Theobald) thinks all organisms having a common ancestry is still one of the many hypotheses that are known to scientists loooool.

"higher than the support values of those that have an alternative hypothesis."

Dude that was embarrassing...
The 90% of genes that we share cannot have have occurred due to chance. That is all that i am saying. I am well versed in biological jargon sxb. So, I know what polygenes are. For a muslim you are very condescending, even immature:comeon:. My argument is that the chances of developing the same genes are very minimal statistically speaking. The reason as to why the non-coding region does not have much genetic correspondence between different species is because they serve as the regulatory regions for the coding region. They are are the main reason for degeneracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.