What scientific developments can be attributed to the Qur'an?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Muslims practice plagiarism to the fullest, they travelled a lot and took bits and bobs from every where and go like bobs your uncle look look Islamic miracle Woow :chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::mjlol:

Quran is 1400 years something old, if you say the creation story in the bible is same as the quran you're dead wrong. What are you talking about? The quran creating of the universe don't contradict science. :yacadiim:

Quran is 1400 years something old, if you say the creation story in the bible is same as the quran you're dead wrong. What are you talking about? The quran creating of the universe don't contradict science. :yacadiim:

The hell are you on about bible where did i mention the bible?, i repeat bring evidence Muslims came out with the theory of evolution 1st

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
The hell are you on about bible where did i mention the bible?, i repeat bring evidence Muslims came out with the theory of evolution 1st

"The Muslim scientists ibn Kathir, ibn Khauldun, ibn Arabi, ibn Sina, among other scientists, such as the Ikhwan school of thought, arrived at the same conclusions as Darwin with a convincing amount of evidence. Some westerners, including Darwins contemporary, Sir William Draper, called it the Mohammedan Theory of Evolution.

"The Mutazili scientist and philosopher al-Jahiz (c. 776-869) was the first of the Muslim biologists and philosophers to develop an early theory of evolution. He speculated on the influence of the environment on animals, considered the effects of the environment on the likelihood of an animal to survive, and first described the struggle for existence and an early theory on natural selection. Al-Jahiz wrote the following on the struggle for existence:

"Animals engage in a struggle for existence; for resources, to avoid being eaten and to breed. Environmental factors influence organisms to develop new characteristics to ensure survival, thus transforming into new species. Animals that survive to breed can pass on their successful characteristics to offspring."

There are clearly things which are simply argument by analogy. For instance: coral has branches like a tree; the date palm does not wither if all its branches are chopped but it dies when the head is cut off so its like an animal. And through such analogy they link minerals to plants to animals.

In fact, Hamidullahs summary reads something like a Great Chain of Being which was associated with commoners earlier while al-Jahizs description reminds of natural selection."

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
"The Muslim scientists ibn Kathir, ibn Khauldun, ibn Arabi, ibn Sina, among other scientists, such as the Ikhwan school of thought, arrived at the same conclusions as Darwin with a convincing amount of evidence. Some westerners, including Darwins contemporary, Sir William Draper, called it the Mohammedan Theory of Evolution.

"The Mutazili scientist and philosopher al-Jahiz (c. 776-869) was the first of the Muslim biologists and philosophers to develop an early theory of evolution. He speculated on the influence of the environment on animals, considered the effects of the environment on the likelihood of an animal to survive, and first described the struggle for existence and an early theory on natural selection. Al-Jahiz wrote the following on the struggle for existence:

"Animals engage in a struggle for existence; for resources, to avoid being eaten and to breed. Environmental factors influence organisms to develop new characteristics to ensure survival, thus transforming into new species. Animals that survive to breed can pass on their successful characteristics to offspring."

There are clearly things which are simply argument by analogy. For instance: coral has branches like a tree; the date palm does not wither if all its branches are chopped but it dies when the head is cut off so its like an animal. And through such analogy they link minerals to plants to animals.

In fact, Hamidullahs summary reads something like a Great Chain of Being which was associated with commoners earlier while al-Jahizs description reminds of natural selection."
I wonder what @Hafez thinks about this.:diddyswag:

Let me utterly destroy your fantasies.

The question of origins has always fascinated the human mind. From the earliest times, the existence of life has mostly been attributed to supernatural intervention. However, naturalistic models of origins based on logic and philosophy can be traced to about the fifth century BC in Greece. Plato (428-348 BC) and Aristotle (384-322 BC) were the philosophers that probably had the greatest impact on western thought. Their idealistic view of striving for perfection laid the foundations for a naturalistic view of origins.

Plato's idealistic views had a profound effect on biology. To him, the structure and form of organisms could be understood from their function which in turn was designed to achieve ultimate goodness and harmony imposed by an external creator.

Aristotle, the father of biology, expanded this idea to include the development of organisms and the origins of groups of organisms. To Aristotle, the adult form represented the final goal or telos, and the changes occurring during embryological development represented a striving towards the telos and is dictated by the telos.

So tell me how the origins of the theory of evolution started with Islam :childplease:when the origins of it is way way before Islam even came into the picture Baal I sheeg please tell me now how Muslims don't practice the art of plagiarism to the fullest :childplease:

Let me utterly destroy your fantasies.

The question of origins has always fascinated the human mind. From the earliest times, the existence of life has mostly been attributed to supernatural intervention. However, naturalistic models of origins based on logic and philosophy can be traced to about the fifth century BC in Greece. Plato (428-348 BC) and Aristotle (384-322 BC) were the philosophers that probably had the greatest impact on western thought. Their idealistic view of striving for perfection laid the foundations for a naturalistic view of origins.

Plato's idealistic views had a profound effect on biology. To him, the structure and form of organisms could be understood from their function which in turn was designed to achieve ultimate goodness and harmony imposed by an external creator.

Aristotle, the father of biology, expanded this idea to include the development of organisms and the origins of groups of organisms. To Aristotle, the adult form represented the final goal or telos, and the changes occurring during embryological development represented a striving towards the telos and is dictated by the telos.

So tell me how the origins of the theory of evolution started with Islam :childplease:when the origins of it is way way before Islam even came into the picture Baal I sheeg please tell me now how Muslims don't practice the art of plagiarism to the fullest :childplease:

My brother @Hafez will answer that one when he's ready.

This is the arrogance of claiming "a divine origin" a species of primate develops by virtue of having higher cognitive functions.
This is the Muslim position from what I gather.
"We may share our DNA with alligators, koalas and zebras but it doesn't mean we're related to them!"

@Hafez will reply back to me ? Look that just shows you cant do your own research you have people doing the thinking for your self, I'm sorry to say that is the mentality of a sheep just saying

I have no energy for people like you, there's no point discussing, as you take nothing in. But @Hafez is very knowledgeable Mashallah, and thinks otherwise. He has the energy for you.

@Hafez will reply back to me ? Look that just shows you cant do your own research you have people doing the thinking for your self, I'm sorry to say that is the mentality of a sheep just saying
I have no energy for people like you, there's no point discussing, as you take nothing in. But @Hafez is very knowledgeable Mashallah, and thinks otherwise. He has the energy for you.

@Hafez maybe knowledgeable in the field of Islamic mythology but certainly not basic science.

@JohnDoe they know they are under pressure so they resort to mental gymnastics, confirmation bias and nothing but utter cognitive dissonance,
because they have no leg to stand on, it is hard fam religion is a form of identity and once you challenge their identity is a whole different game, i know i been there years ago it is the most difficult thing to do to question your faith your identity.

@JohnDoe they know they are under pressure so they resort to mental gymnastics, confirmation bias and nothing but utter cognitive dissonance,
because they have no leg to stand on, it is hard fam religion is a form of identity and once you challenge their identity is a whole different game, i know i been there years ago it is the most difficult thing to do to question your faith your identity.

Last thing I'd do is denounce my religion. I'll leave you to your miserable life, going to the Masjid to pray Magrib.

That is the best reply you can come with you have no energy and that i don't take anything in ? :childplease: And you keep confirming my beliefs that you are a sheep people have to do the thinking for you, you want hafez here because you want him to stroke your ego to stand by and enforce your confirmation bias, tell me again why you on this thread again actually never mind ill leave you alone .

Last thing I'd do is denounce my religion. I'll leave you to your miserable life, going to the Masjid to pray Magrib.

Who said you should denounce your religion ? and how do you know i lead a miserable life :childplease: yes go pray your maghrib have a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.