What qualifies somebody to be Somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cambuulo Tonight

Poultry in motion
The biggest myth is Somali father = Somali. If both of your parents are Somali, then you are Somali. If one is non-somali you are mixed, moreso culturally if the father is Somali.
Your mother could be an alien or a donkey as long as your father is somali then you're full somali. There's no such thing as half somali.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
The modern day somali is a product of islam, look at the Balkan where they are all of the same breed but their religion shapes their ethnicall identity.
Are you an atheist or muslim ? Just wanna know aabayo
Very liberal Muslim I don't practice the doctrines however I don't want to loose my community so I stay as a very lax Muslim. Even though it doesn't rest well with my conscience especially when it comes to women's rights as it lags behind our western counterpart.

Very liberal Muslim I don't practice the doctrines however I don't want to loose my community so I stay as a very lax Muslim. Even though it doesn't rest well with my conscience especially when it comes to women's rights as it lags behind our western counterpart.
So a closet atheist.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Your mother could be an alien or a donkey as long as your father is somali then you're full somali. There's no such thing as half somali.
The paternal blood why can't maternal blood be just as valuable, sexist !!!!! Your mother gave birth to you, not your father surely she deserves the bloodline

Jeesto

VIP
If Somalis and Saudis said they were atheist in their country they would be murdered.

Also the comparison you used is RETARDED.
B where is you getting your information from? :umwhat: You've been cadaan washed. No one cares if you're a believer or not in Somalia as long as you don't turn into Ayaan Hirsi.

Cambuulo Tonight

Poultry in motion
The paternal blood why can't maternal blood be just as valuable, sexist !!!!! Your mother gave birth to you, not your father surely she deserves the bloodline
A woman is a farm, a man is a farmer, seeds are sperm and crops/harvests are the children.

Now tell me to whom do those crops belong to? A farm, a farmer or both?

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
B where is you getting your information from? :umwhat: You've been cadaan washed. No one cares if you're a believer or not in Somalia as long as you don't turn into Ayaan Hirsi.
They may wish to drink alcohol or to attend parties which are gender mixed, perhaps this kind of atmosphere where gender segregation is practiced turns many atheists away from such countries ? If one is not in belief they should not live in places where the majority are believers

Do you believe There is only one god and Muhammed (sws) is his Messenger?
Is liberal code word for lazy ?
Do you believe the western short sighted narative ? have you done research about the treatment of women in islamic countries ? If you have that you know the treatment is cultural and varies per culture and is closer to the abrahimic religion like the Christian countries you adore

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
A woman is a farm, a man is a farmer, seeds are sperm and crops/harvests are the children.

Now tell me to whom do those crops belong to? A farm, a farmer or both?
I don't care about your farmer analogy my children will be passed down through my name. I will change this patrilineal system to a matrilineal one ;) starting with my own tree. Gone are the days where the man ruled the rooster make way for the ambitious me.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Do you believe There is only one god and Muhammed (sws) is his Messenger?
Is liberal code word for lazy ?
Do you believe the western short sightseeing narative ? have you done research about the treatment of women in islamic countries ? If you have that you know the treatment is cultural and varies per culture and is closer to the abrahimic religion like the Christian countries you adore
I dont wish to regurgitate the same nonsense about women's right or lack of in Islam please research yourself. Just leave me alone please I don't have to tell you anything about my personal life.

Cambuulo Tonight

Poultry in motion
I don't care about your farmer analogy my children will be passed down through my name. I will change this patrilineal system to a matrilineal one ;) starting with my own tree. Gone are the days where the man ruled the rooster make way for the ambitious me.

2.223. Your women are like a tilth for you (where you plant seed to obtain produce), so come to your tilth as you wish, and send ahead (good issue) for (the future of) your souls. Act in due reverence for God, keeping within the bounds of piety and obedience to Him (both in your relations with your women and bringing up offspring, as in all other matters). And know that you are to meet with Him; and give glad tidings to the believers (of what they will find in His Presence).

:rejoice::rejoice::rejoice::rejoice:

I dont wish to regurgitate the same nonsense about women's right or lack of in Islam please research yourself. Just leave me alone please I don't have to tell you anything about my personal life.
Im asking if you have.
Be prepaired if you want to start an argument by saying utter nonsense about islam huuno ;)

Jeesto

VIP
They may wish to drink alcohol or to attend parties which are gender mixed, perhaps this kind of atmosphere where gender segregation is practiced turns many atheists away from such countries ? If one is not in belief they should not live in places where the majority are believers
My neighbour was an alcoholic and nothing happened to him. People just reffered to him as "sakhraanka". PS i went to plenty of mixed parties(no alchohol tho). It's just some in the older generation and the ultra religious people who do the gender segregated parties and weddings. There isn't like haram police going around and harrasing people like in Saudi Arabia(that i know of). As i said you'd be just fine if you don't shove your beleifs down people's throats.
I agree with you on the last part. It's better to move and be somewhere you don't feel left out.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
My neighbour was an alcoholic and nothing happened to him. People just reffered to him as "sakhraanka". PS i went to plenty of mixed parties(no alchohol tho). It's just some in the older generation and the ultra religious people who do the gender segregated parties and weddings. There isn't like haram police going around and harrasing people like in Saudi Arabia(that i know of). As i said you'd be just fine if you don't shove your beleifs down people's throats.
I agree with you on the last part. It's better to move and be somewhere you don't feel left out.
I never seen alcohol when I went to Somalia just women wearing burkas and jiilbaab everywhere, felt very uncomfortable with the entire experience, Somalia is slowly changing to that of The Saudi dream, gender segregation will be a reality soon not now but soon.

I never seen alcohol when I went to Somalia just women wearing burkas and jiilbaab everywhere, felt very uncomfortable with the entire experience, Somalia is slowly changing to that of The Saudi dream, gender segregation will be a reality soon not now but soon.
The problem is? It leads to less adultery and other impurities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending