What makes a guy simp for a girl?

A simp is a man who lacks basic self-respect and caters to women to undignifying levels just for their attention, forgetting to center himself on his manhood. This is a self-worth issue and despicable. Be aware of females that equate that type of debasement of the man with good male nature, for example, blurring lines of good conduct, taking care of a woman, and doing duties as a husband, with simps pedestalizing women. They have issues with men and find pleasure in demeaning the male stature, but they would never marry the simp either since they don't respect them... unless the woman is a sadist and finds that a kink.

Some people call every behavior simp, which is immature. Others call simp behavior normal, which is straight-up malicious, lol.

The more you go toward adulthood, the less you hear that term because we have other more defining terms for the brown-nosing types that have always existed.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Season 5 Eyeroll GIF by NBC

The only thing OP is angry about is women getting free validation for merely existing.
Also, someone admiring does not mean the other party is obligated to return any interest.

A simp is an person that caters for an individual that doesn't treat them well, nor do they get the same effort they've invested. Women too I'd say more than men engage in this behaviour since they're socialized to be docile and forgiving of bad treatment. Note, a lot of men aren't going to agree to this since they believe a woman should serve them hand and foot regardless of the behaviour of their spouse. A female 'simp' is simply a 'good woman' in the eyes of those that devalue women and that's been glorified for centuries.

As for the case of men. Are their male simps? Yes. But what's common is men policing other men and trying to lower the bar with regards to romantic gestures and good treatment. If a man gets his wife thoughtful gifts or books her romantic getaways, there will be a % of men who will complain about it and mock the man, even though the wife could be ultra loving and a great partner that adds immense value to the life of the husband. Men do this because subconsciously or consciously they want to lower the expectations of women by making other men who are loving and willing to put effort into their relationships feel embarrassed.

Stuff like this also happens in the Somali community. I've seen it with toxic in-laws who don't want their son treating their wives right or loser men who have kids scattered around with stressed wives. They'll make comments about how she (the wife) has him wrapped around her little finger, simply because the husband helps around the house, doesn't feel comfortable marrying a second wife due to being in love with this wife (This is common btw, I've heard men mock a man for this, a horrifying one I heard was a man that still wanted to be around his middle aged wife and not marry again and some odeys were saying, why does he want to be around the islaan all the time?) and the list goes on. No one ever talks about the hypocrisy with regards to our culture and how normal it is for men to try and break up happy marriages using polygamy as some sort of wedge.

Yet, if women were to behave this way, dozens of hadith would be uttered about how they're trying to break a happy home and even in Somali dhaqan people will refrain from turning a woman against her husband, but the opposite is completely acceptable. This is the level of misogyny and devaluation women deal with.

But anyways ladies, beware of men like this. They cry about simping, but ultimately they want to lower the thresholds and boundaries of decency and as for men, use your common sense. Marry a woman who you feel is special and treats you like a king and in turn treat her with the utmost love and respect.

Last edited:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

‘Simp is an internet slang term describing someone who shows excessive sympathy and attention toward another person, typically someone who does not reciprocate the same feelings, in pursuit of affection or a sexual relationship.’

If we go by the proper definition of ‘simping’ I fail to see how it’s ‘feminine’. There is nothing feminine in not being reciprocated and getting the same effort and affection. Also, women are usually picked and chosen by men because he actually wants her. In every culture, tradition, you have cases of men going above and beyond for woman in the beginning, hence the idea of women having to go above and beyond to impress goes against biology. I’m talking about the beginning stages. It’s men that pursue, not women. Ironically, you’re falling down the Western rabbit whole by thinking it’s feminine for a woman to simp or pursue men.

As for you point on submissiveness, that comes later on. That’s when the couple are together and not in the picking stages. It’s men that have to prove themselves to women and or their families and it’s been like that since eternity. You have stories from deen like the case of Nabi Musa working for 8yrs to marry the daughter of Prophet Shuaib and you have our tradition of men giving fathers 100 camels for a bride. History is littered with men going above and beyond. Yet modern Western men Authobillah will see that as simping.

Also, you’ve got the definition of ‘pick me’ wrong. It’s a woman that drags and compares herself to other women to get attention. I can’t imagine anyone thinking that’s a healthy mindset. Women traditionally didn’t need to do that since the man was expected to pursue her, rather than her trying to get him to give her a chance.

Last edited:

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
Pickmes get picked only if they have pretty privilege. There are many pickmes that dont get picked trust me. Its actually not good to be one because you lessen your self worth not because its feminine or anything. I’d actually be a pick me for the right type of guy, tall, intelligent, rich etc. I wouldnt say it’s biological, its a mix of female nature and social conditioning. I actually wish women were more hypergamous and simped for the right men, we’d become a tall intelligent country like the netherlands.

Pickmes get picked only if they have pretty privilege. There are many pickmes that dont get picked trust me. Its actually not good to be one because you lessen your self worth not because its feminine or anything. I’d actually be a pick me for the right type of guy, tall, intelligent, rich etc. I wouldnt say it’s biological, its a mix of female nature and social conditioning. I actually wish women were more hypergamous and simped for the right men, we’d become a tall intelligent country like the netherlands.
The same way it goes against personal decency for a man to simp for a woman that doesn’t equally invest in him, it’s also unbecoming for a woman as well. It’s part of human dignity in which you’re treated the same way you treat others and that extends to most facets in life.

What does it even mean for a woman to be a simp? So she goes above and beyond and the husband doesn’t? How is it feminist to not want that dynamic when as humans male or female, we will end up feeling resentful?

"What makes a guy simp"?

Liking @Angelina's posts and being best mates with her in this forum despite knowing her hate for masculine and well-mannered men
You couldn’t be further from the truth. Like @The alchemist has noted, most women hate feminine men that don’t have a back bone and as do I and I openly admit it. Unfortunately though many young man on this forum can’t differentiate the difference between a masculine man and a sexist fool or a man that is emotionally stunted and closed off. Some men look at relationships as a power play hence, they can never truly be loving and caring without feeling that they’re ‘giving in’ and it’s toxic.

Trending