What kind of Hijab do you prefer in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

somalipatriot

Unfortunately, therefore lack of any wisdom
What do you think about the jilbaabs and abayas importation after the 2006 icu rise in somalia? I prefer Siad barre’s era and before when Somali women dressed modest and not like wahabi Saudi women

somalipatriot

Unfortunately, therefore lack of any wisdom
I would prefer Somalised Islamic clothing that meet Hijab criteria. Don't call Jilbaabs and Abayas "garbage"
Gabarsaar and guntiino are perfectly acceptable jilbaab isnt part of our culture and people it’s was imported to our country by wahabis from the gulf due to our civil war and lack of government and the rise of the icu in 2006 before 1991 and from 1991-2006 our women didnt wear these foreign clothing

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
Preferences won't matter. I believe all women will be wearing burkas soon. Give it a decade. Let them do as they wish

Gabarsaar and guntiino are perfectly acceptable jilbaab isnt part of our culture and people it’s was imported to our country by wahabis from the gulf due to our civil war and lack of government and the rise of the icu in 2006 before 1991 and from 1991-2006 our women didnt wear these foreign clothing

I've seen plenty of ladies in Somalia who wear modest clothing that are not Jilbaabs and they colour coordinate it as they see fit. I believe that once the country stabilises more, people will have more money and interest in self-expression but I hope they stick to hijab criteria.
I like how they wear that light garbasaar or a shash in Djibouti, no big ass tents.

Like this?

1*qD_HCkaOcWh6y7MVZM565Q.jpeg

it‘s disgusting and an insult to our culture.

Jilbaabs and Abayas aren't disgusting as they follow hijab criteria so don't be offensive.
They can also look cool when styled properly.

Last edited:
Personally I don't like the tent style jilbaab as I think it's impractical and also not aesthetically pleasing, but to each their own I guess.

1642352170732.jpeg

somaliwomen.jpg

This Jilbaab style below looks better and is more practical and modest, as you can see the material has 'arms' and so the wearer can run their errands without having their arms restricted.

s-l400.jpg

54ea096284affc65449f868da084606a.jpg

1d154db3d0b219c4bae887cdad657d9d.jpg

K-M-O

Somali.
I don’t Mind Somali women wearing the Hijab or dressing modest.

but what I don’t understand is; why does it have to look junky or inappropriate.

Look at this Indonesian women: she wears the Hijab and also dress modest...
C681CFED-F7C9-4222-B40E-C72950430CA2.jpeg

compare to our women:
6FAD77E6-62DF-4EBC-8D43-D61AD0295844.jpeg

:susp:

Last edited:
i don’t Mind Somali women wearing Hijab or dressing modest.

but I don’t understand is; why does have to look junky or inappropriate.

View attachment 212233

compare to our women:View attachment 212234

I loathe the tent style, but we have to consider that Somalia went through extreme trauma. Nobody had time for fashion, people either fled the country and those that stayed behind are mostly not city dwellers, but came from the countrysides and just adopted the only islamic clothing that was being imported by traders.

Even nowadays you'll see Somali mothers in Europe who use the more modern jilbaab styles with arms and not the tent style.

Jaha

Cherry red Ferrari for free!
@Pwyneth Galtrow The hijab used back home is hideous, not even used that much outside Somalia.

I couldn't find what I was looking for but this is close.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Those things on their head the two women on the left side, isn't that a shash? All of them have modest clothes on.

@Pwyneth Galtrow The hijab used back home is hideous, not even used that much outside Somalia.

I couldn't find what I was looking for but this is close.

Those things on their head the two women on the left side, isn't that a shash? All of them have modest clothes on.

2 are wearing diracs with scarves backwards, 2 are wearing a headscarf but the head covering for ALL of them doesn't cover their chests.

If they wore bigger scarves I guess that would meet hijab criteria.

Jaha

Cherry red Ferrari for free!
I don’t Mind Somali women wearing Hijab or dressing modest.

but I don’t understand is; why does have to look junky or inappropriate.

compare to our women:

Ours is just 1 level better than full on tents Afgan women walk around with

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
I've seen plenty of ladies in Somalia who wear modest clothing that are not Jilbaabs and they colour coordinate it as they see fit. I believe that once the country stabilises more, people will have more money and interest in self-expression but I hope they stick to hijab criteria.

Like this?

1*qD_HCkaOcWh6y7MVZM565Q.jpeg

Jilbaabs and Abayas aren't disgusting as they follow hijab criteria so don't be offensive.
They can also look cool when styled properly.
notice how almost all of the women are obese even though they're most likely poor living back home

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
I don't like the traditional somali clothing for women which has been the most common outfit since 1960s (dirac, guntiino/goorgorad and shalmad)

I like the old traditional outfit that women used to wear

1642353714694.png

1642353741028.png

Last edited:

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
otherwise somali women should adopt the khaleeji outfit. it looks better than the jilbaab and dirac with shalmad

1642354074810.png

Status
Not open for further replies.