What is the origin if the tile Garaad?

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
No they're not man lol. Sheikhaal have Ethiopian admixture in their DNA results.

Sheikhaal don't have an Ethiopian admixture you just pulled that out from your ass. One of my friends tested 95% Somali and he's Sheikhaal. They have a few outliers with strange Y-DNA coming from the middle east but none have anything to do with Ethiopians. They are mostly pure Somalis like everyone else.

No, Hadiya is located away from the highlands to Zeila route. It was on the other side of Shewa towards the west. I don't know what you're talking about.

They were still collectively part of the Muslim chains. Ethiopian highlands doesn't only apply to Christians nor every Muslim Ethiopian state were Habesha either.

1610238327392.png

Quite simple Hararis claim Zeila but according to the Cambridge African history shows, they were highland farmers and had nothing to do with the arid lowlands.

This isn't true. Silt'e, Argobba, and hararis all come from Shewa. The Arsi Oromo you're talking about aren't even pure Oromo, they assimilated Habesha Aderes.

I already knew that but the Hadiya language is considered east highland Cushitic. They have nothing to do with Habesha Muslims apart from sharing the same religion.

You're just reading Wikipedia garbage edited by some Harari troll. He's the same one who claimed Karanle were linked to Harla people but Karanle are just like other Somalis when you check their paternal DNA. The Hadiya people were Cushitic highlanders related to Sidamo, Gadeoo, and Kambaata through both language and DNA.

Adere was a derogatory word used against Hararis but when they saw other Habesha Muslims they assumed they were Hararis too so they called them Adere but they're actually not Adere.

What's the title and number for the link you sent me?
The Hadiya are very close to Kambaata people, both in genetics, proximity, they mix a lot too. I talked to a Kambaata dude and he corroborated, Ethiopians are basically close to the people they live beside, including Sidama.

What's strange is how Hadiyas became mostly Christian, they were Muslims back in the days. Lol

Sheikhaal don't have an Ethiopian admixture you just pulled that out from your ass. One of my friends tested 95% Somali and he's Sheikhaal. They have a few outliers with strange Y-DNA coming from the middle east but none have anything to do with Ethiopians. They are mostly pure Somalis like everyone else.
Again you're wrong. There's Sheikhal that have substantial Ethiopian admixture on 23&me. Nice try tho.

They were still collectively part of the Muslim chains. Ethiopian highlands doesn't only apply to Christians nor every Muslim Ethiopian state were Habesha either.

1610238327392.png
440px-MedievalEthiopia.png

What is your picture supposed to prove?

Quite simple Hararis claim Zeila but according to the Cambridge African history shows, they were highland farmers and had nothing to do with the arid lowlands.
What do you mean? They ruled Zeila via Ifat and Adal.

I already knew that but the Hadiya language is considered east highland Cushitic. They have nothing to do with Habesha Muslims apart from sharing the same religion.
No, the old Hadiya were Habesha muslims that ruled the territory and absorbed by the highland Cushite. To say they have nothing to do with Habesha muslims is completely dishonest.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Again you're wrong. There's Sheikhal that have substantial Ethiopian admixture on 23&me. Nice try tho.

Look you said Sheikhaal have Harla origin Y-DNA proves they're ethnically Somali, end off.

440px-MedievalEthiopia.png

What is your picture supposed to prove?

Clearly, you never understood the source. There were numerous mini kingdoms behind Hadiya Sultanate that were connected with the Zeila trade route such as Waj, Gumar, Bosha, Janjora, Mugar, Essarea, Kaffa and etc.

What do you mean? They ruled Zeila via Ifat and Adal.

Wrong again no one was talking about the ruling class. We were strictly talking about the settlement and according to the Cambridge African university debunked these false traditions and claimed Zeila was predominantly Somali during the 1200s when Ifat was established.

1610240596263.png

As for the ruling class. Hararis ruled nothing. This is according to Yohannes K. Mekonnen an unbiased Ethiopian scholar who admitted Ifat Sultanate was a Somali Muslim kingdom headquartered in Zeila.

1610240686132.png

No, the old Hadiya were Habesha muslims that ruled the territory and absorbed by the highland Cushite. To say they have nothing to do with Habesha muslims is completely dishonest.

Wrong again. Hadiya, Sidama, and Kambaata were one people until they diverged from each other creating their distinctive language that's why they're linguistically related. The only language that sounds similar to Hadiya are another east highland Cushitic group that speaks Libido.

Last edited:
Look you said Sheikhaal have Harla origin Y-DNA proves they're ethnically Somali, end off.
Lies I didn't say that

Clearly, you never understood the source. There were numerous mini kingdoms behind Hadiya Sultanate that were connected with the Zeila trade route such as Waj, Gumar, Bosha, Janjora, Mugar, Essarea, Kaffa and etc.
Buddy you keep changing the story.

Wrong again no one was talking about the ruling class. We were strictly talking about the settlement and according to the Cambridge African university refuted these false traditions and claimed Zeila was predominantly Somali.

1610240596263.png

No, that's exactly what we're talking about. They ruled Zeila

As for the ruling class. This is according to Yohannes K. Mekonnen an unbiased Ethiopian scholar who admitted Ifat Sultanate was a Somali Muslim kingdom headquartered in Zeila.

1610240686132.png
Lol what a great unbiased source. Thank you

5dT7NcU.png

tiP8zRh.png

Wrong again. Hadiya, Sidama, and Kambaata were one people until they diverged from each other creating their distinctive language that's why they're linguistically related. The only language that sounds similar to Hadiya are another east highland Cushitic group that speaks Libido.
Modern ethnic Hadiya aren't the same as the old muslim Habesha Hadiya that ruled the territory. Groups called Hadiya exist amongst other ethncities.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Lies I didn't say that

You did. I will quote:

I don't know about any of that stuff. The only Somalis I know that are Adere in origin are Sheikhal.

Adere is a derogatory word for Hararis and Hararis used to be called Harla in the medieval period. Y-DNA proves Sheikhaals are Somalis.

Buddy you keep changing the story.

No, you misunderstood the source. Zeila served extensively across the Ethiopian highlands which included Hadiya and their far neighbours therefore Hadiya was considered a chain.

No, that's exactly what we're talking about. They ruled Zeila

Ruling a piece of land doesn't necessarily mean you settle that piece of land. For your information, the cambridge university history of Africa have the largest collection on African history reviewed by many historians. Zeila was declared a Somali settlement so you can't dispute that. Now let's move onto the ruling class.

According to the Harari historian named Sheikh Abibakr Ba-Alawi Ashanbali. Umar Walashma, the founder of Ifat Sultanate was a descendent of Aw Barkhaadle a native Somali saint. The Walashma rulers were accepted because they were a native family.

1610242895640.png

Aw Barkhaadle also founded the Wadaad script. This is coming from a Harari historian claiming this Somali saint was the ancestor of the Walashma dynasty.

1610243096984.png

Modern ethnic Hadiya aren't the same as the old muslim Habesha Hadiya that ruled the territory. Groups called Hadiya exist amongst other ethncities.

Again, that's pure nonsense. Hadiya language isn't a mixture of Habesha or Cushitic. It's a completely separate language that was developed a long time ago after breaking away from the eastern highland Cushitic branch.

Last edited:
You did. I will quote:

Adere is a derogatory word for Hararis and Hararis used to be called Harla in the medieval period. Y-DNA proves Sheikhaals are Somalis.

I don't know if it's your reading comprehension that is lacking or your understanding of genetics, perhaps it's both. :mjhaps:

No where did I mention Y-DNA. Nor did I say all their patrilineages are Adere.

Ruling a piece of land doesn't necessarily mean you settle that piece of land.
They ruled Zeila. Didn't say anything about the demographics of Zeila.

According to the Harari historian named Sheikh Abibakr Ba-Alawi Ashanbali. Umar Walashma, the founder of Ifat Sultanate was a descendent of Aw Barkhaadle a native Somali saint. The Walashma rulers were accepted because they were a native family.

1610242895640.png

Aw Barkhaadle also founded the Wadaad script. This is coming from a Harari historian claiming this Somali saint was the ancestor of the Walashma dynasty.

Yes, the Walashma weren't Arabs. That's a common myth all Muslim groups claim. Instead they were muslim Habesha migrants from Shewa. Umar Walashma wasn't Somali.

Qu6zjvo.png

1610243096984.png
"Coming from a Harari historian"... in reality an Israeli military historian talking about the situation in 2006 civil war Somalia.:mjlol:

Lies
662EisI.png

Again, where is proof? Hadiya language isn't a mixture of Habesha or Cushitic. It's a completetly seperate language that was developed long time ago after breaking away from the eastern highland Cushitic branch.

You're fixated on a language for some reason.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Hello Waaqo Punt. I can smell you a mile away. :mjlol:

I don't know if it's your reading comprehension that is lacking or your understanding of genetics, perhaps it's both. :mjhaps:

No where did I mention Y-DNA. Nor did I say all their patrilineages are Adere.

You said they were Adere origin. Do you even know what origin means? Clearly you're the one who lacks reading comprehension. If they were Adere origin surely their Y-DNA would suggest they are not Somali.

Let me explain to you about the Y-DNA since you seem uneducated. The Y chromosome, like the patrilineal surname, passes down virtually unchanged from father to son so whatever your paternal ancient ancestor had. You will also carry his Y-DNA.

Yes, the Walashma weren't Arabs. That's a common myth all Muslim groups claim. Instead they were muslim Habesha migrants from Shewa. Umar Walashma wasn't Somali.

The second source you posted was explaining Aw Barkhaadle's contribution to the Somali language but you ignored the first source which debunks your theory. I even lined it up for you. Are you blind? This Harari historian is telling you Sheikh Yusuf Al-Kowneyn is the ancestor of the Walashma Dynasty. How are you even able to argue over this?

1610246309556.png

You're fixated on a language for some reason.

The language indicates origin.

Hello Waaqo Punt. I can smell you a mile away. :mjlol:

You said they were Adere origin. Do you even know what origin means? Clearly you're the one who lacks reading comprehension. If they were Adere origin surely their Y-DNA would suggest they are not Somali.

Let me explain to you about the Y-DNA since you seem uneducated. The Y chromosome, like the patrilineal surname, passes down virtually unchanged from father to son so whatever your paternal ancient ancestor had. You will also carry his Y-DNA.

The second source you posted was explaining Aw Barkhaadle's contribution to the Somali language but you ignored the first source which debunks your theory. I even lined it up for you. Are you blind? This Harari historian is telling you Sheikh Yusuf Al-Kowneyn is the ancestor of the Walashma Dynasty. How are you even able to argue over this?

View attachment 164899

The language indicates origin.

What qabil was that sheikh :mjhaps:. And what qabil was the walashma dynasty? Perhaps gadabursi?

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
What qabil was that sheikh :mjhaps:. And what qabil was the walashma dynasty? Perhaps gadabursi?
That Shaykh was from banaadir not waqooyi, & the walashma dynasty was established before the foundation of Gadabuursi. In fact, Imam Samaroon was a military commander in the Ifat army which is why Gadabuursi Oday's often refer to him as a Mujahiid.

Som

VIP
The walashma claimed to be descendants of Aqeel ibn abu taleb , the prophet's cousin. This mythical claim is also widespread among somalis who claim darood and samaale were also descendants from aqeel. Walashama also claimed to be related to Aw barkhadle which was a muslim scholar in northern somalia and is related to northern somali clans. So oral history indicates the walashma may had had a relation with somalis. I personally believe they were a large mixed muslim dinasty with noth habesha and somali elements. There is no proof of their actual ethnic Identity, we don't even know which language they spoke natively.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP

Gadabursi means people of the mountains and they recently settled into Zeila. The original inhabitants of Zeila most likely belonged to an older branch of the Dir tribe.

The Walashma Dynasty were headquartered in Zeila and was considered one of the biggest cities in East Africa. Here's an interesting description from Ibn Battuta describing Zeila when it served as the capital of Ifat Sultanate during his era.

1610357555485.png

The inhabitants of Zeila were no different to Somalis today. They were black, followers of Shafi'i school, kept large numbers of livestock in the city, and had nomads in its vicinity. It was also a big city with a great market again describing Somalis mercantile nature.

In the predominately Somali capital of the Ifat and Adal Sultanates, Zeila, and local Somali territories, the Somali and Arabic languages were most commonly present so the Walashma Dynasty most likely spoke Somali but were also fluent in Arabic due to commercial and religious reasons.

Shiekh Abi-Bakr Al Alawi, a prominent Harari historian, states in his book that Yusuf bin Ahmad al-Kawneyn was the ancestor of the Walashma Dynasty so that right there tells us the dynasty was Somali by lineage.

Gadabursi means people of the mountains and they recently settled into Zeila. The original inhabitants of Zeila most likely belonged to an older branch of the Dir tribe.

The Walashma Dynasty were headquartered in Zeila and was considered one of the biggest cities in East Africa. Here's an interesting description from Ibn Battuta describing Zeila when it served as the capital of Ifat Sultanate during his era.

View attachment 165109

The inhabitants of Zeila were no different to Somalis today. They were black, followers of Shafi'i school, kept large numbers of livestock in the city, and had nomads in its vicinity. It was also a big city with a great market again describing Somalis mercantile nature.

In the predominately Somali capital of the Ifat and Adal Sultanates, Zeila, and local Somali territories, the Somali and Arabic languages were most commonly present so the Walashma Dynasty most likely spoke Somali but were also fluent in Arabic due to commercial and religious reasons.

Shiekh Abi-Bakr Al Alawi, a prominent Harari historian, states in his book that Yusuf bin Ahmad al-Kawneyn was the ancestor of the Walashma Dynasty so that right there tells us the dynasty was Somali by lineage.

Thanks saxib. What about harar? I heard my sub-clan of mx settled there before the oromos hordes took over the city. :damedamn:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Thanks saxib. What about harar? I heard my sub-clan of mx settled there before the oromos hordes took over the city. :damedamn:

Marehan historically used to settle in modern-day northeastern Somalia and Warder zone in Ethiopia during the medieval period according to their oral tradition. The agro-pastoralist Somali clans that dominated the Hararghe highlands were mainly from the Dir tribe and they were assimilated by the Oromos during the decline of Adal Sultanate. Karanle were also victims of the Oromo expansion.

Btw, one cool thing I learned was the Awash valley used to be called the great Dir river in the 16th century by Huntingford. This indicates Aussa was historically a Somali territory before the Afar expansion.

Last edited:

reer

VIP

Marehan historically used to settle in modern-day northeastern Somalia and Warder zone in Ethiopia during the medieval period according to their oral tradition. The agro-pastoralist Somali clans that dominated the Hararghe highlands were mainly from the Dir tribe and they were assimilated by the Oromos during the decline of Adal Sultanate. Karanle were also victims of the Oromo expansion.

Btw, one cool thing I learned was the Awash valley used to be called the great Dir river in the 16th century by Huntingford. This indicates Aussa was historically a Somali territory before the Afar expansion.

afar region
20201120_102943-jpg.154996

Hamzza

VIP
@Reformed J you are always right
  1. Garaad & malaaq are ethio-semitic titles given to somalis by the emirs of the harar emirate.
  2. Sheekhaash's indeed have ethio-semitic origin's.
  3. Somalis shamelessly claim shewa and ifat sultanates, when clearly these were muslim-xabashi states, subject to the main solomonic dynasty.
  4. Walashma sultans were argobba, literally muslim amharas, only online somalis believe they were somalians.

Source for the ethio-semetic loan words

Source for the identity of the walashma sultans

@Reformed J you are always right
  1. Garaad & malaaq are ethio-semitic titles given to somalis by the emirs of the harar emirate.
  2. Sheekhaash's indeed have ethio-semitic origin's.
  3. Somalis shamelessly claim shewa and ifat sultanates, when clearly these were muslim-xabashi states, subject to the main solomonic dynasty.
  4. Walashma sultans were argobba, literally muslim amharas, only online somalis believe they were somalians.

Source for the ethio-semetic loan words

Source for the identity of the walashma sultans
"Ugaas" and "Aw" were also loan titles from the Ethio-semites
wQaY8Ws.jpg

Oc5IFgH.jpg

Aw is short for Awoowe, means grandfather. The female versions are Ay and Ayeeyo. They are all Original somali words. In some somali dialects, they use Aw instead of Awoowe.
Af Somali is Older than semitic languages. So, there is no merit to the claim it borrowed from the made-up Amharic language.

Trending