What is the difference between praying in English or Arabic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray in English, considering i'm completely fluent in that language. Nowhere in the Quran does it say that we have to pray in a specific language. So why is it looked as a horrible thing to pray in a language besides Arabic, when it has the same exact meaning, and Allah understands every language?

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Not only you dismiss the Hadith but also don't read Qu'ran in Arab? You're sounding like a kaffir day by day.

Sorry, your prayer is never accepted if you don't read in Arabic.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Not only you dismiss the Hadith but also don't read Qu'ran in Arab? You're sounding like a kaffir day by day.

Sorry, your prayer is never accepted if you don't read in Arabic.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What is the difference between praying in English or Arabic, and where in the Quran does it say to read it in Arabic? There's absolutely no difference if Allah understands every language. Don't quote Hadith verses to me, because I don't go against Allah's words nor do I want to kill apostates.

Macalin M

Out here
What proof do you need? If there is no policy stating that your prayers are only accepted in Arabic, then there's no "proof" needed that it is allowed.
I know you can make Dua in any language but I’m pretty sure you are meant to pray in Arabic and I will continue doing so untill I have evidence that suggests otherwise. I’m not going to go digging for info myself because I’m too tired right now

Exactly. Somalis put the Arabic language above the Somali language, because they believe it's more "religious" which is not even true.

Sorry sis, but I'm including you too in that statement. You shouldn't be praying in English either. We already have our beautiful Somali language you can use. No kissing up to either arabs or caadans please.

Sorry sis, but I'm including you too in that statement. You shouldn't be praying in English either. We already have our beautiful Somali language you can use. No kissing up to either arabs or caadans please.
First of all, i'm not your sis so don't call me that.
Second of all, how am I going to pray in Somali when I cannot speak it fluently? And going with your logic, you are self hating since you are speaking an Cadaan language right now. Know your place and stfu.

World

VIP
Say: "If the mankind and the jinns were together to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they helped one another." [Qur'an 17:88]

And if you are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Qur'an) to Our slave (Muhammad Peace be upon him ), then produce a surah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allah, if you are truthful. [Qur'an 2:23]

And this Qur'an is not such as could ever be produced by other than Allah (Lord of the heavens and the earth), but it is a confirmation of (the revelation) which was before it [i.e. the Taurat (Torah), and the Injeel (Gospel), etc.], and a full explanation of the Book (i.e. laws and orders, etc, decreed for mankind) - wherein there is no doubt from the the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns,and all that exists).

Or do they say: "He (Muhammad(P)) has forged it?" Say: "Bring then a surah (chapter) like unto it, and call upon whomsoever you can, besides Allah, if you are truthful!"[Qur'an 10:37-38]

Or they say, "He (Prophet Muhammad(P)) forged it (the Qur'an)." Say: "Bring you then ten forged surah (chapters) like unto it, and call whomsoever you can, other than Allah (to your help), if you speak the truth!" [Qur'an 11:13]

Or do they say: "He (Muhammad(P)) has forged it (this Qur'an)?" Nay! They believe not! Let them then produce a recital like unto it (the Qur'an) if they are truthful. [Qur'an 52:33-34]

Any translation of the Qur’an is no longer the divide word of God but the work of human beings.

Say: "If the mankind and the jinns were together to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they helped one another." [Qur'an 17:88]

And if you are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Qur'an) to Our slave (Muhammad Peace be upon him ), then produce a surah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allah, if you are truthful. [Qur'an 2:23]

And this Qur'an is not such as could ever be produced by other than Allah (Lord of the heavens and the earth), but it is a confirmation of (the revelation) which was before it [i.e. the Taurat (Torah), and the Injeel (Gospel), etc.], and a full explanation of the Book (i.e. laws and orders, etc, decreed for mankind) - wherein there is no doubt from the the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns,and all that exists).

Or do they say: "He (Muhammad(P)) has forged it?" Say: "Bring then a surah (chapter) like unto it, and call upon whomsoever you can, besides Allah, if you are truthful!"[Qur'an 10:37-38]

Or they say, "He (Prophet Muhammad(P)) forged it (the Qur'an)." Say: "Bring you then ten forged surah (chapters) like unto it, and call whomsoever you can, other than Allah (to your help), if you speak the truth!" [Qur'an 11:13]

Or do they say: "He (Muhammad(P)) has forged it (this Qur'an)?" Nay! They believe not! Let them then produce a recital like unto it (the Qur'an) if they are truthful. [Qur'an 52:33-34]

Any translation of the Qur’an is no longer the divide word of God but the work of human beings.
Absolutely nothing in those verses mention anything about Arabic or speaking another language.

World

VIP
Absolutely nothing in those verses mention anything about Arabic or speaking another language.
That wasn’t my point.

But do you agree that any translation of the Qur’an is no longer the divine word of God, but the work of human beings?

If so, why do you pray with a translation and not make something up that you want to entirely? Why not make up your own prayer?

That wasn’t my point.

But do you agree that any translation of the Qur’an is no longer the divine word of God, but the work of human beings?

If so, why do you pray with a translation and not make something up that you want to entirely? Why not make up your own prayer?
Just because it is in another language, does not mean it is an unreliable source. And the Quran was the literal work of human beings, since it was written by human beings. So are you saying that takes away it's accuracy?

First of all, i'm not your sis so don't call me that.
Second of all, how am I going to pray in Somali when I cannot speak it fluently? And going with your logic, you are self hating since you are speaking an Cadaan language right now. Know your place and stfu.

If you can't speak Somali fluently, then that's understandable.

World

VIP
Just because it is in another language, does not mean it is an unreliable source
Yes it does. It’s impossible to fully translate the Qur’an into any language. Or to translate any language into another language perfectly. A translation of the Qur’an is not a divine word of God anymore, but the work of human beings.

So tell me, why don’t you make up your own prayer if you are praying with the word of other human beings(a translation)?

And the Quran was the literal work of human beings, since it was written by human beings. So are you saying that takes away it's accuracy?
Are you saying that the meaning of the Qur’an was altered by human beings, if so then that’s indisputably incorrect. It is the preserved speech of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.