What is somali love?

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Cooking is her job. They do eat somewhere until they have kids. Nobody hugs randomly.

Your idea of love is built by Hollywood.

Wow you didn't get enough love ....
It definitely exists but sometimes it can be covered by a layer of boor/dust consisting of buuq, initial awkwardness, madax-adayg, recurring emotional distance, pride and calaacal.
On the bright-side you will enjoy the best kaftan, (family-) stories, shared life-experiences, cultural references, a wholesome family dynamic, similar dreams/aspirations and much more.

It is the best type of jaceyl, because if you can overcome/accept the "bad" and appreciate the more numerous positive aspects you will be rewarded with the most faithful, fruitful and fun marriage possible. But it takes work.

The smartest answer I've gotten so far.

I honestly don’t know lol. :dead:
Lol we have a lot of love songs in our culture but some people don’t express it. Make that make sense hmm.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
It definitely exists but sometimes it can be covered by a layer of boor/dust consisting of buuq, initial awkwardness, madax-adayg, recurring emotional distance, pride and calaacal.
On the bright-side you will enjoy the best kaftan, (family-) stories, shared life-experiences, cultural references, a wholesome family dynamic, similar dreams/aspirations and much more.

It is the best type of jaceyl, because if you can overcome/accept the "bad" and appreciate the more numerous positive aspects you will be rewarded with the most faithful, fruitful and fun marriage possible. But it takes work.

The Love is only alive in the pre marriage shukaansi, nighas will go beast mode Cilmi Boodhari but after many years, the love transforms to "qashinka horey noo sii qaad" :drakelaugh:

What's Somali love?

Sonnet 116 by Shakespeare
:ehh: working on that sxb, stay tuned!
on the other hand the majority of Somali songs is essentially either nationalistic in nature or love poetry, so it would be kinda redundant :mjdontkno:

Edit: nvm my ignorance regarding the Bard, but 116 is actually quite fitting. The ideal Somali is stoic in his/her commitment and unwavering in his/her loyalty towards loved ones.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:

O, no! it is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth’s unknown, although his height be taken.

Love’s not Time’s fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle’s compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.

If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
:obama:

Last edited:
The Love is only alive in the pre marriage shukaansi, nighas will go beast mode Cilmi Boodhari but after many years, the love transforms to "qashinka horey noo sii qaad" :drakelaugh:
:dead::dead1::deadmanny::deadrose:
:russ:
True or the rare occasion when you address each other with your first names in front of the kids :ohhh: :ooh::damnmusic:
you gotta take any dub you can get, it's a hard and rigged game at times, but it's the best challenge out there

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Romantic love exists among somali couples, maybe not how it is portrayed in mainstream western culture.

But then, what do I know? I am just an awkward-abdi-curving halimo with a dash of the madax adeeg so anytime one of them tries to shukansi me, I be like..
tenor (1).gif

Of course there are many exceptions like us but even this site reflects my statement. I've grown tired of some Somalis if i'm being honest.
I too tend to be pessimistic about Somalis and Somalia, but I consciously make an effort to try to look at what's going well and improving. I genuinely believe we as a people have a lot of beautiful things that are positive and worthwhile preserving. The qashin, naturally is gonna need to be disposed of. :ufdup:

Trending