What is on your mind right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Kinda weird to study world by latitudes and longitudes. @Apollo put me onto this and it's been very interesting eversince. For example, I always pictured the Korean Peninsula as very "north" since it's "Northeast Asia" but in reality it's about as north as Greece and Turkey. Seoul's latitude is 37.5665° N while Athens' latitude is 37.9838° N. Very comparable. So the Korean peninsula and most of Japan isn't much more north than the Mediterranean. Never would have thought.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tokyo (35.6762° N) is as south as Latakia in Syria (35.54071° N). And Okinawa (26.3344° N) is as south as Luxor in Egypt (25.6872° N). Even the most northern point of Japan, Cape Soya (45.5229° N), is only a little more north than Genoa in Italy (44.4056° N). Japan and Korea are not very northern countries at all. More like Mediterranean.

Never would have thought.

Apollo

VIP

Tokyo (35.6762° N) is as south as Latakia in Syria (35.54071° N). And Okinawa (26.3344° N) is as south as Luxor in Egypt (25.6872° N). Even the most northern point of Japan, Cape Soya (45.5229° N), is only a little more north than Genoa in Italy (44.4056° N). Japan and Korea are not very northern countries at all. More like Mediterranean.

Never would have thought.

The fact that New York is on the same latitude as Southern Europe blew me away a long time ago when I was comparing this stuff. Considering the harsh winters NYC gets, in many people's minds one pictures it to be on the same latitude as England, but it's much more to the south.

I also often imagine Somalia to be more northern than it is, lol, but we are on the same latitude as coastal West Africa. Senegal is much more to north than us. :lol:

vanilla

i think with my heart
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 23.48.23.png

Just the constant struggle of what I want to really be. Man shit is tough once you start realizing you actually responsible for your daily food

Kinda weird to study world by latitudes and longitudes. @Apollo put me onto this and it's been very interesting eversince. For example, I always pictured the Korean Peninsula as very "north" since it's "Northeast Asia" but in reality it's about as north as Greece and Turkey. Seoul's latitude is 37.5665° N while Athens' latitude is 37.9838° N. Very comparable. So the Korean peninsula and most of Japan isn't much more north than the Mediterranean. Never would have thought.

"Those things a man delights in are often the most injurious to him, and those things which benefit him are not to be obtained without toil and trouble" :stressed: :stressed: :stressed:

you think he‘s alive amigo?

I have no idea if he's alive.

And it isn't my own theory- there was a book published in Egypt that made this claim.

Al-Deghaidi: I have 147 evidence confirming that Saddam was not executed and his two sons were not killed​

Al Arabiya.net's weekly book report​

I have the PDF. I think the author is onto something. I don't think Saddam was executed.

K-M-O

Somali.
I have no idea if he's alive.

And it isn't my own theory- there was a book published in Egypt that made this claim.

Al-Deghaidi: I have 147 evidence confirming that Saddam was not executed and his two sons were not killed​

Al Arabiya.net's weekly book report​

I have the PDF. I think the author is onto something. I don't think Saddam was executed.

there’s literally a footage of him getting tied through the throat.

it‘s available on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending