What if the Afroasiatic World United? Greater Arabia/Israel/Somalia

Apollo

VIP
this isn't even a logical grouping lol the populations share no commonalities, I mean just look at whats happening right now in Israel and how their treating their Semitic habesha brethren lol

It's a silly thought experiment.

But the Beta Israel spoke a Cushitic language a few hundred years ago. They are not ethnically Semitic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayla_dialect
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qwara_dialect

The same is true for most Habeshas. They used to speak Agaw Cushitic languages in the past.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
It's a silly thought experiment.

But the Beta Israel spoke a Cushitic language a few hundred years ago. They are not ethnically Semitic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayla_dialect
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qwara_dialect

The same is true for most Habeshas. They used to speak Agaw Cushitic languages in the past.
Hebeshas are assimilated Semites nit assimilated Cushites. They were originally Semitic but got absorbed by Agew Cushites but ended up keeping their language.

Apollo

VIP
Hebeshas are assimilated Semites nit assimilated Cushites. They were originally Semitic but got absorbed by Agew Cushites but ended up keeping their language.

They were an Agaw population that switched over to the language of Yemenite soldiers and traders. They were not largely Semitic at any point. It's similar to how Maghrebis switched to Arabic without changing their Berber roots much.

PS. Yemenis themselves also language shifted to Arabic from languages like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razihi_language

Tukraq

VIP
They were an Agaw population that switched over to the language of Yemenite soldiers and traders. They were not largely Semitic at any point. It's similar to how Maghrebis switched to Arabic without changing their Berber roots much.
so they changed and no they are Semitic, case closed like I said languages are not static

Apollo

VIP
language group wise they defiantly are

It doesn't matter. Language grouping can be misleading about the origins of groups. Hungarians are ethnically similar to Austrians and Slovaks (Germanics and Slavs), but are in the language family of Central Asians.

Same with Anatolian Turks (Turkey) who are quite close to Greeks and Armenians, not to Tuvans.

Tukraq

VIP
It doesn't matter. Language grouping can be misleading about the origins of groups. Hungarians are ethnically similar to Austrians and Slovaks (Germanics and Slavs), but are in the language family of Central Asians.

Same with Turks who are quite close to Greeks and Armenians, not to Tuvans.
language groups to me has nothing to do with the origins of groups lol

Apollo

VIP
language groups to me has nothing to do with the origins of groups lol

They have. Most of the time they match ancestry perfectly, except for a few groups who are heavy language shifters being inside language families (e.g. African-Americans in the Germanic language family for example).

Tukraq

VIP
They have. Most of the time they match ancestry perfectly, except for a few groups who are heavy language shifters being inside language families (e.g. African-Americans in the Germanic language family for example).
maybe for the old world but like you mentioned all of the americas speak English and Spanish while the ethnic make up is of so many different combinations to the point it might not even exist tbh, especially Latin America

Apollo

VIP
maybe for the old world but like you mentioned all of the americas speak English and Spanish while the ethnic make up is of so many different combinations to the point it might not even exist tbh, especially Latin America

Even in the old world some expansionist languages like Arabic and Russian have fucked up the link between ancestry and language.

Tukraq

VIP
Even in the old world some expansionist languages like Arabic and Russian have fucked up the link between ancestry and language.
yeah but like I said, here in the americas, I don't even think ethnicity really exists lol, like say is a Brazilian admixed with native, African, white blood to be latino, and say a white American from neywork, might be admixed dutch, English, jewish, Irish and south Italian, let alone an African American who has all that I mentioned for the white guy mixed with some Cherokee, and several random African countries like Gabon, Congo and Senegal

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
yeah but like I said, here in the americas, I don't even think ethnicity really exists lol, like say is a Brazilian admixed with native, African, white blood to be latino, and say a white American from neywork, might be admixed dutch, English, jewish, Irish and south Italian, let alone an African American who has all that I mentioned for the white guy mixed with some Cherokee, and several random African countries like Gabon, Congo and Senegal
You understand that people mixed in those places yet you try to say and indigenous African population came from Yemen when we know that's not true

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
How do Ayrab booty clappers reconcile with the fact that our lands are always viewed to to be part of Habeshistan by dhegacas :mjlol:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Get over it we are the same people. Habesh just means mixed in Arabic which we are Natufian and Nilotic. No such word as Somali existed prior to Middle Ages.

Apollo

VIP
Get over it we are the same people. Habesh just means mixed in Arabic which we are Natufian and Nilotic. No such word as Somali existed prior to Middle Ages.

Somalis have existed for about 3,000 years as a recognizable group.

Habesha is associated with the Eritrean-Ethiopian highlands, not with the Eastern Horn which was always a different ethnic/cultural zone.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Somalis have existed for about 3,000 years as a recognizable group.

Habesha is associated with the Eritrean-Ethiopian highlands, not with the Eastern Horn which was always a different ethnic/cultural zone.
That doesn't matter to outsiders we were the same people. No documented proof of Somalis, the name, exists pre Middle Ages.

Trending

Latest posts