What if Afar had joined Greater Somalia?

I know that, they did the same with Mayotte. However were the Afars with joining Somalia?
nah the afars were against it heavily lol. part of the french rigging operation was actually importing a bunch of afars and deporting somalis because they knew afars were more likely to vote to stay with france :MNWheelchair:

nah the afars were against it heavily lol. part of the french rigging operation was actually importing a bunch of afars and deporting somalis because they knew afars were more likely to vote to stay with france :MNWheelchair:
although the territory was at the time inhabited by 58,240 Somali and 48,270 Afar, only 14,689 Somali were allowed to register to vote versus 22,004 Afar.[5] Somali representatives also claimed that the French had simultaneously imported thousands of Afar nomads from neighboring Ethiopia to further tip the odds in their favor. The French authorities denied this, suggesting that Afars already greatly outnumbered Somalis on the voting lists.[4]

hararis deserve a home sxb. selassie had them essentially genocided and now the place is full of foreigners with hararis a minority. if harar was ever annexed into somaliweyne id have all the oromos booted out and the somalis moved to dire dawa
They would probably be better off under a hypothetical Somaliweyn than under Ethiopia

although the territory was at the time inhabited by 58,240 Somali and 48,270 Afar, only 14,689 Somali were allowed to register to vote versus 22,004 Afar.[5] Somali representatives also claimed that the French had simultaneously imported thousands of Afar nomads from neighboring Ethiopia to further tip the odds in their favor. The French authorities denied this, suggesting that Afars already greatly outnumbered Somalis on the voting lists.[4]
That's how I remembered it lool

hararis deserve a home sxb. selassie had them essentially genocided and now the place is full of foreigners with hararis a minority. if harar was ever annexed into somaliweyne id have all the oromos booted out and the somalis moved to dire dawa
I agree the Hararis have been our loyal friends for a long time and have paid for it. If ever Somaliweyne gets realised, we should give back their city to them and expel all the Amhara and Oromos.

I agree the Hararis have been our loyal friends for a long time and have paid for it. If ever Somaliweyne gets realised, we should give back their city to them and expel all the Amhara and Oromos.
I forgot amharas started to infest the holy city too. if they wont be given independence then they at least need far higher autonomy than any other region. I just fear that eventually any future attempts from them to secede would start to be prevented like how in ethiopias constitution states can secede but, in practice, they really cant

if afars had any settlements their populations would be far higher. somalis have alot of settlements along the coast and even in the galbeed and oromos conquered alot of settlements in the lower horn. its no wonder afars are so langaab

if afars had any settlements their populations would be far higher. somalis have alot of settlements along the coast and even in the galbeed and oromos conquered alot of settlements in the lower horn. its no wonder afars are so langaab
Reminds me of Somalis before they started building settlements

Never trust anyone who isn't Somali, or fully identifies as Somali.

The Afars in Djibouti and the Boranas in Kenya prevented the ceding of Somali territories (Djibouti and NFD).

:francis:

The Camels of Cal madow

Porcupine and proud
were we? is there a source for that? nevertheless, it is a harari city not a somali city
Screenshot_20210322-210118_Chrome.jpg

Trending